(i) kimchi spaghetti

florilegium ✈

prompt: kyungsoo is soojung's boyfriend, but she's had enough of his kimchi spaghetti.

pairing: kyungstal

It’s a lazy Saturday in full autumn with leaves that shine from vivid red to buoyant gold, the atmosphere is not humid but it’s not cold either, so Soojung is satisfied. Her body is idly slumped across Kyungsoo’s favorite couch, her long, dark hair hanging like vines.

Kyungsoo emerges from the bedroom with apron in hand.

Soojung raises her eyebrows in anticipation, her eyes lingering on her boyfriend as he makes his way from the room to the kitchen.

“Breakfast?” she asks shortly.

He nods in response.

“Kimchi spaghetti?”

He nods bashfully this time.

She juts out her bottom lip and Kyungsoo slips in to the kitchen quietly.

Last week, kimchi spaghetti was their breakfast, lunch and dinner, at least, until Jongin saves them from misery and brings Chinese takeout instead last Friday. They spent that night watching reruns of Friends, and laughter filled the flat.

Soojung doesn’t feel like eating kimchi spaghetti right now.

So she sets on foot, exerts so much effort into standing up after a lazy five-minute pseudo-nap on the couch, and thinks of a preposition for Kyungsoo. She leaps her way to the kitchen, her hair also jumping along, with a childish grin plastered on her face.

“Kyungsoo,” she singsongs, pauses and leans against the wall. “Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo, innocence plainly written on his face, turns his head around and finds Soojung with only her head popping out. With a soft smile, he shots her a quizzical look, only to divert his attention back to whatever he was doing earlier. Soojung frowns.

She opts for a careful approach—hands clasped behind her back, hair tucked behind her air and lips formed a sweet, sweet smile. Kyungsoo is unaware of anything, his hands busy with breakfast preparation. He only flinches, startled, when he feels a pair of hands snake around his waist.

“Kyungsoo,” she embraces him tightly, rests her cheek against his firm back, and repeats his name with a saccharine tone.

Red colors his cheeks, and his heart’s rate is faster than the usual. Oh, the things Soojung does to him.

“What,” he deadpans, but actually, he clips his words short, trying to avoid her eyes.

“We have meat, right,” she grins cutely.

“Yes, I just went grocery shopping yesterday.”

“Can we have meat, please?”

“But Soojung,” he says meekly as he turns around to face her, only to look down when their eyes meet, “we had meat the entire day yesterday, too.”

But I feel like eating meat today,” she insists, swaying herself along with him.

Kyungsoo stays quiet for a few seconds, and Soojung wonders why, but only a little later, he finally side-glances her, a suspicious expression on his face, “You don’t feel like eating my kimchi spaghetti today, do you?”

She dons a coy smile, hands still wrapped around his waist. “It’s not that—if we’re going to have meat, then less time for you to prepare, right? We can eat right away!” When he still doesn’t budge, she purses her lips, curls her hands to fists and situates it on her cheeks-

“Oppa, can we have meat, please? Bbuing bbuing!”

Kyungsoo gulps, completely whipped. “Uh, ok-okay.”

She gives him a peck on the cheek as a reward.

 

Soojung waits excitedly at the table, her hands clasped together as though to strain herself from jumping out of her seat. A few minutes more and Kyungsoo is done with the preparations; Soojung has done the others, like setting up the table and waiting for the food to be served.

And then finally, Kyungsoo turns around, a plate of meat to be grilled in hand, and places it on the table. Soojung gives him another reward—her most dazzling, grateful smile and butterfly kisses on the cheek. Kyungsoo can’t get any redder than this.

She scoots her chair closer to him, her hand on his arm, and plasters that silly grin on her face. Although Kyungsoo can be a bit gullible sometimes, she loves every bit of him, every flaw and every ridiculous aspect he possesses. It’s hard not to, in the first place.

She rests her legs atop his lap, inclines her head so it rests on his shoulder, and beams at him. “Kyungsoo~”

“Y-yeah?”

“I love you,” she murmurs, turning her head slightly so her chin rests on top of his shoulder.

Kyungsoo’s cheeks turn red. “I love you, too.”

“Do you really?”

“Yes.”

“How much?” Soojung continues to tease because she likes his rosy cheeks and innocent eyes.

“A lot,” he replies timidly.

Soojung stretches her hands out. “This much?”

“Yes,” he smiles.

“Then,” she places light kisses on his shoulder, “will you feed me?”

Kyungsoo wants to say no, because, really, Soojung has two hands and she can even use her two feet if she likes to feed herself some meat, but—how can he say no now when she’s looking at him like that, her eyes glowing like the embers at night but they’re soft and nice and loving and he just wants to kiss her, also with those lips, those soft, soft lips.

When can Kyungsoo ever say no?

 

Breakfast ends with a happy Soojung, who ate most of the meat with Kyungsoo feeding him, and a flustered Kyungsoo, who got kisses as a prize. Both are happy, their stomachs satisfied even, and Soojung even offers to wash the dishes.

Kyungsoo nods, “Okay.”

Soojung pats her stomach, as if to say she’s satiated. “Breakfast was good.”

“Yes, it was,” Kyungsoo agrees, not because of what she says, but because of the kisses he gets.

But, although it is a bit startling at times, she seems to read what’s inside his mind, she asks, “Did you like the breakfast,” she teases with a playful smile on her face, “or my kisses?”

A full-metallic grin draws on his lips. “I like your kisses better.”

“Okay.” Kyungsoo doesn’t know what her okay means but he figures it’s nothing, just some sort of statement to end the conversation, so he is utterly—and by utterly, he means his eyes bulging out at the extreme level of astonishment—taken by surprise when Soojung aggressively grabs his face and engages him in full, fervent liplock that has him in mess, ing red cheeks and swollen lips.

She ends it with a smug smile with, “I love you, babe,” and leaves Kyungsoo flustered, hot and, apparently, very bothered in some vital part of his body.


okay so this isn't proofread or anything, ok, and this is dedicated to @xiusoo in twitter c: