Chapter three

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The venom clamours of a jealous woman poisons more deadly than a mad dog's tooth.

-William Shakespeare

The next day, Minho was determined to go to school with Sulli. He called Jinki and told him to go with the others and not wait for him. Jinki wanted to know why so he told him he was going with Sulli. He could still hear Jinki wolf whistling him over the phone and for being overly fond of a new girl. He was a bit embarrassed but just told the older guy she was a good friend. Jinki was surprised by his answer.  

It was funny that for all the time he had spent with his soccer buddies; Jinki and Jonghyun, he never introduced Sulli to them. They never knew she had even existed until two days ago when he suddenly left them during lunch time to show her around the school and spent her first lunch with him.

Sure people were looking at them and sure they have questions about their relationship but he did not want to alert Sulli nor treat her differently at school. So, he just let her be and enjoyed each others company like they have always been. She was much too precious for him to ignore.

Sulli was like a secret friend that he liked to keep for himself especially from the people at school. It was easier then because she was in a different school but because now they were in the same place, he had debated with himself on the pros and cons of compartmentalizing her only as a friend outside of school or to accept her in his school life.

In the end, he made the decision of including her in because he could not see her being hurt if he ignored her at school but only to be friends at home. He was not going to play the hypocrite. He would have eventually let her go when he thinks she will be fine alone but yesterday’s incident made him very wary. Sulli was timid around others and he was sure somebody was out causing her trouble.

Sulli smiled when she saw Minho at her doorsteps and about to say hello when her sister Sohyun greeted him first.

“Morning Minho! You’re taking my sister to school today? You’re such a gentleman”.

“Ah … Good morning, Suhyon. You can join us if you want to”, offered Minho.

“I wish I could”, she pouted, “but I’m going with Hana”.

Sulli knew her unnie was into Minho and would have tagged along if it had not been her promise with Hana unnie. She knew Minho was very popular at school because he was the captain of the soccer team and also a star student. Yesterday’s incident gave her an insight of how he was also popular with the girls. She only has seen her sister and her friends going all starry eyed when he comes over. So it seemed her best friend had the shining effect on other people too. Fortunately for her, she was not affected. He was her best friend and she would keep it that way.

As they walked slowly to school, Minho asked her about her knees.

“Ahh … It’s nothing. After your mother cleaned them and bandaged them up, I felt better. Thank you for your help, oppa”, she said.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better”, he said patting her hair.

“Just be careful today, alright. Why don’t you eat your lunch in class today?”

“I was already planning to do that, oppa. You’re such a worry wart”, she huffed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter