Chapter twenty three

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As doubtful thoughts, and rash-embraced despair,

And shuddering fear, and green-eyed jealousy!

-William Shakespeare

 

Sulli really didn’t know what to do or say. Minho was not talking to her for already a week since the dancing incident. This was the longest time they were not talking to each other and it was really breaking her heart. At first, she didn’t understand why her fiancé was so angry about her dancing with her teacher. It was just a routine that they had done before and though that day Heechul seonsaengnim was extra vigorous, she didn’t mind it so much since it was nothing to her. But the look Minho had on his face told her that he was not really happy.

She tried confronting him and asking him nicely the reason but he was being uncharacteristically quiet. Then she got quite angry at a point because it was frustrating talking to a walking statue. After a few days, she was really at the end of her rope and she in turned walked quietly next to him, to and fro from school. She hated his silent treatment.

Today, she was determined to solve the cold war between them and the first thing she did was to see Jinki. He has the best insight in everything and she trust his words.

“Jinki oppa, could you please help me out? I’m at my wits end. I miss him”, looking at his sister’s boyfriend.

“Sulli, why do you think he is angry at you?” he asked her in a quiet tone.

“Because I danced Tango with Heechul seonsaengnim?” answered Sulli.

“Only that?” probed Jinki more.

“Maybe some pictures of him hugging me outside of school some time ago?” she tried again.

“Hmmm … Who is Heechul seonsaengnim to you?”

It was a weird question but she answered it anyway.

“Heechul ssam? He is just a teacher that I like and I think he likes me too. Errrmmm not like, like ‘like’ you know, what I mean?… I understand that sometimes he treats me better than the rest but it‘s just like a big brother treating a younger sister. Why?” frowning at Jinki.

“I see”

Jinki looked like he was thinking and weighing what he was going to say to Sulli. So, Sulli waited patiently.

“It’s like this my little sister” Jinki started. He looked directly into her eyes and started explaining.

“You may not realize this but your teacher, Heechul likes you my dear …”

“I’ve told you this already, Jinki oppa!”

Jinki made a shushing sound and placed his index finger on his lips.

“Listen … Heechul like you more than a student. He likes you as a girl or to be more correct, as a young woman”

Sulli’s eyes widened at this.

“He’s been causing a lot of trouble to Minho in class. Your beloved teacher has been giving him extra work and even targets him in class. Minho was okay with all of these but I think when he saw you dancing err…a bit provocatively with the enemy, it was the last straw for him. I also think that your teacher danced with you just to get Minho all riled up. I mean, I know his intention for sure when I heard him called your name because he knew we were sitting and watching. He saw Minho and me, Sulli”.

She was speechless. It was something that she never expected.  If this was true, there’s absolutely good reason for Minho to treat her the way he did.

“You see, Sulli dear, Minho knows that you don’t realize this so he is just keeping quiet in case he’ll say something he would regret later. It’s just he’s still angry”

She understood what Jinki’s saying and knew what she needed to do next. She thanked Jinki and left him with a determined look on her face. Wisely, the latter took out his phone and dialed Minho’s number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter