Chapter seventeen

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Better three hours too soon than a minute too late

-William Shakespeare

Engagement bands!

Minho fell on his side and sat on the floor, shell-shocked, while Sulli had a deer-caught-in-the-spotlight look on her face. Both were wondering if their parents were only pulling their legs.

"Omma? What are you saying?" her sister asked.

"You really mean that you guys secretly arranged their marriage three years back?"

Marriage?

Sulli and Minho looked at each other trying to understand it all. The situation was really surreal for them as this kind of thing happens only in mangas.

"Let me explain" said Minho's mother.

"When you and your family moved in nearly nine years ago, we were having trouble with our Minho here. He was fast becoming a delinquent and we had all given up on making him good again. He was in and out of fights at his old school every other day and was hanging out with the bad kids" she sighed.

"We thought that we might lose him to the gangs and him ending up taking drugs or worse, dead. But all had changed overnight when he met Sulli here" she looked fondly at the young girl.

"Maybe he has someone younger to look after or felt that he needed to be a good model to you, we were not sure. But one thing we were sure of was you made him change"

Minho had all forgotten about that episode of his life. It was truly something that he wanted to forget about. He was young and he was angry. He was tired being bullied and becoming others punching bag, so he decided to be one of the bad boys. Once becoming one, he lost himself in that world.

But liked his mother said, he changed after he met with the little girl next door who sweetly agreed to call him oppa and joined him at his tree house. She was like a salve to his angry heart and being with her, he realised he needed to be good. He wanted her to call him oppa always and looked at him adoringly with those pretty eyes. Hearing her hearty laugh was enough to make his day.

So he asked his father to change him to the best school in the area and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter