Chapter eighteen

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man

-William Shakespeare

 

Sulli was sitting propped up by pillows and Minho was straddling her study chair next to her. He rested his chin on top of the chair and was looking at Sulli drawing random patterns on the bed with her long slim fingers. Her cheeks were tinted pink and she hasn't said anything or looked at him at all. He smiled ...

"Hi! fiancee ..." holding out his hand for Sulli.

She turned slowly to look at his hand and shyly put hers in his.

In a small and shy voice, she answered " Hello! fiance"

"Our parents really know how to drop a bomb, don't you think?"

Sulli only nodded and went on to look at their entwined fingers. She was actually lost for words. It was just that everything was so out of the blue. Today was her first kiss, her first confession to her first love and now ... she was engaged to be married; unknowingly for the past three years. She didn't know whether to be happy or to cry.

"Ssul ....?Are you alright with the engagement?"

She was very quite and Minho's heart started to be filled with dread. Maybe all of these were too overwhelming for her more than him. He was as surprized by their parents disclosing their secret arranged marriage as she was.

At first, he wanted to rebel because he felt his choice was taken from him. It was suppossed to be his right to choose who he wanted to marry and he wanted to be ready when he asked for somebody's hand. But in retrospect, maybe their parents knew the both of them better than themselves. They wouldn't come to an agreement as serious as this if they hadn't thought things through thoroughly.

And this actually coincided with his decision to include Sulli in his future. He remembered what he said to Kibum this very morning. It seemed he will invite Kibum to his wedding after all; maybe earlier than he thought.

But right now,he was more concerned with the girl that has his heart in her hand. Seriously, he wouldn't be okay if she wanted to call off the engagement but he would do it if it meant that she would be happier. Maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter