Chapter twelve

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Absence from those we love is self from self - a deadly banishment

 -William Shakespeare

After lunch today, she tried her best to concentrate in class but what Siwon said was occupying her mind. He said Minho never had a long term relationship with any girls. So girls like Yuri was just his girlfriends of the moment; no wonder the girl was all riled up when he announced that Sulli and him was in a relationship.

She has seen Yuri around and she and her posse of hers still looked at her like they wanted to gauge her eyes out but they stayed away. Of course she still received snide remarks about how unsuitable she was with Minho or she should just give up on him before he breaks her heart and the occasional shouldering that she received in the corridor or in the toilet but she was fine with it. It was nothing that she couldn’t handle.

Girls at her old school were meaner when they were jealous or angry at someone and she had a fair amount of experience with those episodes. Once someone poured glue in her shampoo and when she went to have a shower after PE, it took her ages to wash it off. A classmate thought she needed a lesson for being too close with Mr. Heechul, their dance teacher. He was the most popular male teacher in the school but at that time she didn’t think anything about it, he just had a soft spot for her.

Anyway, Minho was her good friend and they would stay that way. Her heart was a bit slow to admit that her feelings for him had changed a bit since they started with the pretend couple thing but she was sure it was just going to be a temporary but cherished memory on her behalf. She has decided to just enjoy the feeling of being cared and so-called-loved by him while it last.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

True to his words, Siwon did text her that night. It was nothing special, just some good night and sleep tight stuff, but it was enough to make her feel giddy. She has never been the focused of a boy’s attention like this besides with Minho. Minho … she sighed. She missed him very much and Saturday was still a few days away. Leaving her bed, Sulli walked towards her bedroom window and looked at the room across. It was dark and empty, how she wished he could talk to him right now. She looked at her hands and they felt cold and lonely.

“They miss you, oppa” she whispered. I miss you, her heart added.

Though she was happy that she received text messages from Siwon, it would have been wonderful if they were from Minho. Maybe it was just the giddiness of having a handsome boy wanting to court her out of the blue, made her excited about Siwon, but the buzz she felt with his friend when they were together was already addictive. He looked like he didn't mind pretending and sometimes even she herself forgot that they were pretending too. Times like when he held her hand tightly or when he said he was feeling jealous. It has been a few weeks already and she hadn't gotten into trouble with any of his fangirls. Like Siwon said, Minho was never in a long term relationship before, so the girls were just waiting for things between them to fall through.

Maybe it was time for them to 'break up'. It was easier to think and decide when he was not around. Those hands, those big brown eyes and those lips, kept distracting her; making her increasingly attracted to him more than as a friend. Like now, though she was giggling with Sohyun a couple hours ago over the text messages; she came to Sulli's room with an OMG look and started firing questions about Siwon, the one she really missed was Minho. Her heart literally aches and she could not sleep. Thinking about him made her feel weepy and she didn't know why. Glancing at her phone, it was already 2 a.m. but her eyes refused to sleep.

She walked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter