Chapter twenty two

The first ... forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As doubtful thoughts, and rash-embraced despair,

And shuddering fear, and green-eyed jealousy!

-William Shakespeare

It was lunch time and Heechul was silently looking out of his office window on the second floor at the school grounds. His mind was on a certain young girl that he has not talked to for nearly a week now. He was deliberately staying away to observe her from afar and also to find out who was her boyfriend.

Then his eyes caught the group of students that he looking out for; five boys and a girl. He recognized Kibum and Taemin from the Arts club; talented young boys they were. The principal has assigned him to be the advisor for the club for the time being since the real advisor was on maternity leave. He was surprised that Sulli was not a member since she was really active back in their old school. He would have to persuade her sweetly to join because that would be the time he can meet with her since he was not teaching her like he was expecting to.

It seemed that his excellent track records of successfully preparing the seniors for their big exams have preceded him and the parents were pestering the principal to let him teach the seniors instead of the juniors. Being newly transferred, he wasn’t able to object to his superior’s request. It was just annoying but he knew he will find a way to be close to Sulli again.

The other three boys were from the school soccer team and the tallest of them; the one walking with his Sulli was the captain. That Minho was his sweet Sulli’s boyfriend and right then Heechul was burning with jealousy. He took out his phone and dialed Sulli.

“Hello? Yes, seonsaengnim?”

He saw her answering the phone while her boyfriend was looking at her with a frown on his face and he smiled.

“Sulli-shi, where are you?

There was a pause on the line and he saw Sulli was looking at Minho.

“I’m going to eat my lunch with my friends”

Minho nudged her and asked her who was calling. Sulli just shook her head.

“Can you come and see me now? I have something to discuss with you about. I’ll wait you in my office”, ending the conversation without waiting for her to answer. Now, she needed to come and see him.

It was with great satisfaction to see a scowling Minho being left standing alone by Sulli.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Damn that teacher! Minho was stabbing his food thinking about what happened just now. How could Sulli went running to see Heechul at a drop of a hat when they were about to have lunch together. And he was quite sure the blond haired figure he saw moving away from the window on the second floor was that guy. By chance, he had looked up the building in front of him after Sulli went on her way. Was he watching them? Couldn’t be … Everything just felt weird to him.

“Minho … What did you do to tick that new teacher off? He was giving you a hard time the whole week and it’s hard not to notice that he is aiming you”

“I’m not sure either, Kibum. I would’ve been dumb not to notice … but I think it has something to do with Sulli”

“Don’t tell me that the seonsaengnim is interested with our Sulli? An older rival? That could be tough” said Jinki, picking out the tofu to eat first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter