My smile

In the eyes of a dongsaeng

Baro’s P.O.V

I walked out of the room and was followed by CNU and Gongchan.

“I’m gonna walk home.” I told them.

Our dorm wasn’t far from the venue, so I thought it would be good to get some fresh air and have a think with no one else around.

I began walking, my hands tucked into my pockets.

I felt guilty about leaving Sandeul, he was my friend. I should have been there for him, but I had to figure out why I was feeling this way.

Sure his problems were bigger than mine, but I couldn’t stay there trying to stick up for him if I think I might... like him?

He’s cute and funny and adorable... at least he used to be. But he seems such a sad and broken person at the same time. I don’t know what’s wrong.

Whenever I’m with him, no matter when or where, my heart warms, and whenever he’s sad, all I want to do I hold him close and make it all better for him. I think I do like him don’t I?

 

Jinyoung’s P.O.V

The journey home was silent.

No one spoke

 All that could be heard were the small sniffles from Sandeul as he leaned his head against the glass window.

I felt no sympathy for the sniffling little brat, he deserved everything he got. He started all of this. Why does he have to ruin everything? I bet he's fine really. I bet he's just putting it on now. Forcing himself to cry, just for attention. I let out a breath through clenched teeth. I was still angry and upset and he wasn't helping matters.

I felt CNU shift awkwardly next to me as the hand on my knee balled into a fist once again. Why must everything be about him?

It’s not like anyone really cares to be honest is it? The only one who seems to is Baro. CNU and Gongchan proved that they didn't by telling everyone his 'secret'.

From where I sat I could see Sandeul in the rear view mirror. He was sat in the back seat on his own with his eyes closed. I could see the red marks on his face I had left. Surprisingly I didn't feel guilty. He didn't deserve my guilt.

That little brat could have just broke up our group! What if we split and our careers all end? It’s his fault.

He was the one who took my friend away. Jung-Hwan disappeared and was replaced with this little .

When the van pulled to a stop I opened the door, jumped out and slammed the door behind me, before making my way into the dorm. I didn't even want to be around him. He made me feel sick. I stormed into my bedroom and threw myself on my large bed.

Look what he's done.

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

When we got back to the dorm I climbed out of the car, it took me a while as I was hurting all over.

Jinyoung hadn’t spoken to anyone, and he looked so upset and angry with me. I’d never felt this guilty in my life. Not even that time when the elevator in that hotel got broke and I accidentally farted.

I followed the others inside and they all walked off to their rooms, I share a room with Baro, so maybe it wouldn’t be that bad. But Baro wasn’t home yet.

I decided to go and get a shower while the bathroom was free.

Standing under the warm running water I thought about how I was feeling, really. Everything was crap.

CNU had betrayed me. Gongchan hadn’t helped much. Jinyoung hated me. My family hated me. And thanks to me our group was on the verge of breaking up.

Maybe the pain wouldn’t be as bad if I drowned it out. Physical pain might get rid of this hell.

I turned and looked at the temperature dial on the wall behind me. Biting my bottom lip and turning it up. High. Before I turned around and let it hurt.

The temperature of the water grew hotter and hotter and every droplet of water felt like a shard of glass, pressing against my shoulders and dragging its way down my back. I sank to the bottom of the tub, wrapping my arms round my legs and sinking my teeth into my knee to avoid screaming out in pain.

My body hurting was the way to fix the ache in my heart. I stopped thinking about everything that had happened in the last week. All I could think about was the physical pain I was feeling on my back right now.

It hurt like hell but it was better than the feeling in my heart I knew I would have if I didn’t do this.

I don’t know how long I had sat there for. But it had been a while.

 

Baro’s P.O.V

When I finally got home, the house was all quiet. That wasn’t normal.

Either Jinyoung’s murdered everyone or they’re all sulking and scared to cross his path.

I hope it’s the second one.

Well there’s no dead bodies in the hallway or the living room, that’s a good start.

It was so quiet it seemed as though no-one was home. I shrugged it off and walked into the bathroom for a pee.

“What the !” I shouted as soon as I walked into the bathroom. Sandeul was sitting in the bath, his back getting burnt from the temperature of the water.

I’d just realised I liked the guy and now I see this happening?

Sandeul looked up at me momentarily, before sinking his head back down to his knees. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and his back was bright red.

How hot did he have that water?

Without thinking I put my hand under the shower, letting the water burn my hand.

“Ow!” I yelped in pain, pulling my hand away. “Sandeul get out.” I said to him almost instantly, turning the shower off.

“I’m not moving.” Sandeul replied, his voice cracked from crying too much.

“Yes you are.” I replied sternly. Why had he done this to himself?

“No. I’m not.” He sobbed, choking on the tears which were now rolling down his face.

“Yes you are!” I shouted.

Sandeul didn’t reply, just sat there crying.

“Come on.” I sighed, leaning over the side of the bath in an attempt to help him out of the bath. Seeing him like this hurt me inside, my heart was aching for him. Jinyoung could be a bit of a bastard at times, but to see Sandeul like this and knowing he’s the cause of it is just sickening.

I reached out to help him up but Sandeul only shrunk away from me. Why wouldn’t he accept me? No-one else wants to help him, and I know that he doesn’t love me, but he could at least do with having one friend, and I wasn’t going to give up on him.

“Sandeul, come on! Get out of the bath!” I shouted. Sandeul just shook his head at me.

I sighed, grabbing his wrist which was resting on his knee, and yanked him as hard as I could to get the message across.

Now that his arms had moved I was able to put my arms round his back and pull him out of the bath, feeling him wince in pain as I pressed my arm against his back.

I managed to pull him out of the bath and dropped him to the floor, forgetting he was completely .

Of course, I didn’t care about that, but I never took into consideration the fact that he probably would.

He struggled to cover himself so I didn’t see. He was now blushing like mad, poor guy.

I turned and pulled a towel from the hanger behind me, before I laid it over him. He didn’t move, he just sat there, embarrassed, upset and in a lot of pain as I knelt down beside him leaning my head over to fasten the towel behind him and resisting the urge to kiss his shoulder to comfort him a little bit.

“Come on Sandeul; please don’t do this to yourself, it’s gonna be alright, I promise.” I whispered, wiping away one of his tears and taking his face in my hands.

He just sat there and looked at me, and I felt so bad for him. My hyung was completely helpless and there probably wasn’t much I could do or say to make him feel any better.

Eventually I helped him up and he let me run cold water over his back, he winced in pain as the cold water hit his burns, but he let me care for him anyway.

I took him into our shared bedroom and sat him down on his bed. I was glad I shared a room with Sandeul, that way he wouldn’t have to face any of the others; they clearly didn’t care about him.

He was clearly in a lot of pain, but I put lotion on his back for him to soothe the burn and I gave him some pain killers. He didn’t complain once, maybe it felt good to know someone actually cared about him.

 

Gongchan’s P.O.V

As I sat there in my room I heard Sandeul in the shower. I felt sorry for him to be honest. He didn't deserve the way Jinyoung treated him. I wouldn’t dare say anything to him though. Not when he's like that. I am not wishing for an early death.

I laid there listening to there soothing sound of the water bouncing off the floor and walls of the bath tub, when I heard the door open.

“What the ?!” I heard. Was that Baro? What's he doing in there? Is everything okay? I wanted to go out and check but I couldn't face Sandeul after what I did. I feel awful for it. 

“Ow!” I heard Baro shout. “Sandeul get out!” He shouted again. I heard the shower turn off. I started to worry when that happened, what's going on!?

“I'm not moving.” I heard Sandeul say. Why won't Baro let him get a shower in piece? If he wants one, then he can wait. 

“Yes you are.” I heard Baro reply sternly. 

I wanted to storm in there and tell Baro to back off, tell him that Sandeul has been through enough already. But I knew if I did he wouldn't listen. 

“No. I'm not.” I heard Sandeul say before beginning to sob lightly. 

What was going on? What had Baro done to make him cry?! Was he threatening him? 

By now worry had completely taken over me. My Deullie could be in pain or danger and it was all my fault. I couldn't go make sure was okay. Why am I so stupid? 

“Yes you are!” Baro shouted again, before it all went quiet and all I could hear was the light sobbing of Sandeul. I felt like screaming, I felt like running in there to protect him, but I knew it would be no use. I did a horrible thing to him, so from now on all I can do is sit and listen to him suffering. 

 

Baro’s P.O.V

After looking after Sandeul, we both went to bed. It was still light outside, but I had a feeling it wouldn’t take him long to drift off, he’s had an exhausting day.

“Hyung.” I started, thinking about what it felt like to love someone.

“Yeah.” He mumbled, his voice slightly muffled from the blanket.

“How did you know you loved Jinyoung? I mean, how did you know you were gay and that you really loved him?” I asked, a little worried if the question might upset him.

I heard a sigh come from the other side of the room and Sandeul began to tell me.

“When you love someone, you just know. It took a while to accept I actually loved him, I thought it was just a weird phase, but it never stopped. At first I’d feel warm inside whenever I was with him. I fell for his smile. It was the most beautiful thing in the world, and whenever he smiled at me it was so precious, like I was actually important to him. I wasn’t, I wasn’t at all, and I knew that, but his smile just made life worth living. And when he didn’t smile or he was angry or in a mood, I just couldn’t wait to see him smile again. If ever he was upset I’d just want to hold him close and tell him everything would be ok. I just wanted him to be happy, and if he was happy, then I was happy.”

That was exactly how I felt about him. Exactly.

Of course, I couldn’t tell him that, I had to be sure I really did first.

“Why don’t you smile anymore?” I asked eventually.

“I have no reason to smile. Jinyoung stopped smiling, and now... it just doesn’t happen, even if I try.”

I dared to ask the question I knew could give away that I liked him.

“What if someone was falling for your smile though Jung-Hwan? How could they smile if you stopped?”

“No one would ever fall for my smile.” He replied, a sad tone to his voice.

I decided to leave it there, if I said anything else I’d end up confessing to him there and then.

Eventually Sandeul fell asleep, a faint snoring came from the other side of the room, yet I couldn’t sleep at all. Something inside my chest ached, and it was driving me insane. He was right; his smile is the most perfect thing in the world, and I couldn’t smile without it.

 

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed it, I found it quite sad actually :(

But I guess Baro and Deullie's conersation at the end was cute huh?

Let us know what you think :3

Here is the teaster image for next chapter, it's exciting!!!