Pretend

In the eyes of a dongsaeng

This is part 2 of the triple update, if you havn't read the one before, you can go back to chapter 16 and read that now so that the story line is easier to follow. I personally preffer to have these types of AN's at the beginning, as I have previousy read fan fics where people triple or doube update without putting these on and it frustrates me as I end up missing chapters :3


Sandeul’s P.O.V

A long agonising week passed by. I didn’t speak to anyone, just went to practice, danced, ate, showered, hurt myself and slept.

Finally it was time to go visit my father again at the hospital. I could actually speak to someone without being shouted at or feeling stupid and I was excited to do so.

I got a taxi to the hospital and made my way to my father’s room.

I stopped in front of my father’s door, looking through the window, before I went in.

It's a good job that I waited, because when I looked in, I saw my mother was there.

I stood by the door, waiting for her to leave, and I couldn't help but hear glimpses of their conversation.

"I told you not to!" I heard my mother hiss.

"I could have died! You can't blame me."

"I thought you were better than that, I trusted you I thought you were on my side." My mother wailed, clearly putting on an act.

"We shouldn't take sides, but I hate seeing you upset, I'll do it if it makes you happy." He paused "I love you."

My umma let out a sigh before she responded "I love you too."

And with that my mother left the room, and I made it appear as though I had just arrived there, by stepping towards the door. I pretended I was shocked that she was there when she flung open the door and gave me a sideways glance, which was more like a scowl.

All I could do was look away from her before I went into the room to see my Appa.

"Appa." I greeted him with a smile; however he was looking out of the window on the other side of the room, so he never saw it. I walked towards him, sitting down in the chair beside his bed and putting my hand on top of his own which was resting across his stomach. "Appa, I came to see you again."

My Appa scoffed and pulled his hands away from my grasp, giving me a quick glare out of the corner of his eye.

"What for? It's not like you need to be here." 

I raised my eyebrows, shocked at his words.

"Appa I-"

"I never asked for you to visit me today." His voice had an irritated tone to it as he turned to face me. Not knowing what to say in reply, I recalled my mother’s words; 'I thought you were on my side'. If it had anything to do with mine and my father’s relationship I knew what she meant. 'I thought you were on my side. Not Sandeul's.'

"Umma put you up to this didn't she?" I dared to ask.

"Don’t you dare bring your mother into this!" He yelled.

"I know her! She hates me, and you have to make her happy by hating me too? That's what happened isn't it? She was upset so you promised to side with her and pretend to hate me?" I couldn't contain the anger anymore.

"Pretend?" He scoffed. "I don't pretend to hate people Jung-Hwan."

"But you pretend to love them." I retaliated instantly, not missing a beat.

"I wouldn't do that." He hissed.

I felt a frown creep across my face as I straightened myself up.

"Last time I came here, you said you loved me. I come here now and you're saying you hate me? I really don't believe this." 

My Appa looked like he either wanted to laugh at me or hit me, and right now, I'm not sure which would be worse.

"Oh please Jung-Hwan." He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I was on that much morphine I could barely recognise who you were, let alone decide if I liked you or not. I'd had that many drugs pumped into me I didn't know anything that day. I only just knew your name."

At his words I felt my heart shatter. Was he just saying this or was he actually telling the truth?

"Don't lie to me." I yelled, the tears now burning at my eyes. "That’s what you're best at though." I decided with a shrug. "You've always lied to me."

"You little brat!" He hissed, sitting himself up right in bed and glaring at me. I looked down at the floor to avoid his gaze. "You disgust me." He shook his head.

"Good. At least that way I don't ever have to talk to a lying like you again." My tears began to spill and run down my cheeks as I left the room and slammed the door shut behind me, not taking a second look back at my father as I stormed out of the hospital. Why did he do this to me? He says he loves me, then he suddenly changes his mind? What kind of a father does that to his own son?

 

Gongchan's P.O.V

Sandeul came back in a rage, I wanted to comfort him, but I knew I couldn't push it as he's in such a mood right now. There's nothing I can do. Especially after what happened in the garden the other day, I'd be scared of that happening again.

 

Baro's P.O.V

Sandeul is sulking. Honestly, I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling it was something to do with going to see his dad. I won't ask I need to stop worrying about him; I just need to get over him.

Maybe I do still love him, but this needs to stop, I shouldn't care anymore.

 

Sandeul's P.O.V

It reached 10 at night before I finally calmed down after what happened with my father this morning, did he really hate me as much as he said he did? Maybe he was lying about hating me, maybe he was telling the truth.

I didn't really know.

Everyone was sat in the living room watching a drama on TV, I on the other hand was sat in my room, I didn't want to talk to anyone, I'd rather stay here alone and play games on my phone.

I was in the middle of an intense round of anipang when there was a knock at the door.

"Sandeul?" A gentle voice asked as the door creaked open a little. At first I didn't recognise the voice, it was so sincere and sweet and caring, and when I looked at his face I could only see the same there, kindness, caring, sincerity. "The hospital's on the phone for you."

I took the phone out of his hand and put it to my ear, doing my best to concentrate on what the woman on the other end of the line was saying, even though I felt the bed dip as he sat down beside me.

"Is this Mr Lee Jung-Hwan?" The lady's voice on the other end of the phone asked.

"It is." I replied, beginning to feel anxious at her serious tone.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news. Sadly your father suffered a heart attack, we did all we could but we were unable to revive him. He passed away this afternoon. I'm ever so sorry." 

I didn't reply, I didn't know how to. I just sat there in shock listening to her going on, not taking in any of what she was saying. I felt someone take the phone from my hand.

"Thank you for letting us know." He said, and with that, he hung up.

Now I didn't know what to do, I only realised I was crying when a tear dripped onto my hand. I looked down at it and closed my eyes as a pair of arms wrapped round me comfortingly.

"Sandeul, I'm so sorry about this." His voice was soothing and gentle, and as much as I didn't want to, I found myself relaxing in his embrace, wrapping my arms around him and burying my face in his neck as I cried.


Soooo who do you think is holding Sandeul and comforting him? Leave in the comments who you think it is :3

That's right, you won't find out until tomorrow, but I think you can make a good guess :3 let me know who you think it is!

Also, we recently hit 40 subscribers and 5 votes, which is quite a lot more than we were expecting for a small B1A4 fanfic like this, thank you so much to all our subscribers, voters and commenters, you mean the world to us! :3 We love you Saranghae!!! :3

Also... Look at the teaser image! Boys over flowers is on it! That makes a nice change don't you think :3

Have any of you seen it? I'm only on episode 4 yet but so far I am completely in love with the Drama, does anyone have any other good K-Dramas to reccommend? I highly reccommend you to watch White Christmas, its an old one, but it's soooo good, I cried tonnes at the end of it. It was perfect! :3