My happy ending

In the eyes of a dongsaeng
Baro's P.O.V
 
I sighed, sitting down on the bed and crossing my legs as I checked my phone.
 
No texts.
 
No calls.
 
Nothing.
 
Sandeul had been out shopping with Jinyoung, apparently they had gone to spend a little time together to become closer after everything they had been through, and I was left alone in the house with the others. It seemed as though he had been having such a good time he had forgotten about me.
 
"Baro." I heard a voice behind me as the door creaked open and I turned to look at Gongchan.
 
"Yeah?" I asked as he walked into the room and sat down on the other end of the bed.
 
"Have you heard from Sandeul?" He asked and I looked back down at my phone, shaking my head and biting my lip. "Jiyoung isn't answering his phone."
He let out a shaky breath as he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know what to do." His voice cracked slightly. 
 
"I wouldn't worry about it, they're probably just having such a good time they havn't even realised how long it's been." I reasoned, knowing that there was nothing to worry about.
 
"Or they've probably run off to spain together, changed their names Frankie and Pedro, and are currently making love in a jaccuzi somewhere on a hotel rooftop overlooking the ocean and drinking cocktails and eating seafood and-"
 
"Gonghchan." I cut him off. "First, I''m pretty sure neither of those names are Spanish, one's Mexican and the other is Italian. Second, what the hell are you on about?"
 
Gongchan stopped, taking a moment to just sit and stare at me before he spoke again.
 
"He didn't tell you did he?" He asked, and I only frowned, beginning to panic a little on the inside.
 
"Didn't tell me what?" I dared to ask.
 
his lips, he let out a small sigh, fiddling with his fingers as though he was about to tell me something I wouldn't want to hear.
 
"They kissed."
 
"What?!" I cried. "When? How? What the- Gongchan you're ing with me. There's no way in hell they kissed! Why would they even, when did they..." I trailed off, too many questions forming in my mind to be able to form coherent words.
 
"They kissed the other day, when I was out all day, after I had walked in on them kissing. Jinyoung said it was an accident, but like hell was I going to believe that. Those two were in love once, there's still something there, both of them feel it, and no matter what that can't ever go away, but I still can't bear the thought of our boyfriends running off together."
 
I sat staring at him for a moment in disbeleif. How was I even supposed to react? Not only had they kissed, but they were going to run away toghether?
 
"They can't." I sighed, shaking my head and running and running a hand through my hair, now unable to even think of a reason why they couldn't.
 
Gongchan opened his mouth to speak when we both heard the loud bang of a door. We both shared a look before going to see what was going on.
 
"We're back!" Sandeul chimed, flashing me a sweet grin when he saw me emerge from the bedroom.
 
"Hey." I said, a smile of relief flooding my face. "Why weren't you two answering Gongchan's calls?" I asked, going over to Sandeul and immediately wrapping my arms around him.
 
"Oh, I guess we were just too busy." He chuckled, wrapping his arms round my waist and resting his head against my shoulder.
 
"Busy doing what exactly?" Gongchan asked, and we all turned to look at him leaning against the door frame, his arms folded across his chest.
 
"We went out for ice cream and then we went window shopping, I tried convincing Sandeul he'd look cute in one of those pretty Japanese dresses - you know the ones with the ribbons and laces and pastel colours and everything - but he didn't want to." Jinyoung said innocently with a shrug.
 
Gongchan only nodded, giving his boyfriend a judging look before turning back and walking into the living room where CNU was sat watching TV.
 
Placing my arm round Sandeul's waist I pulled him with me into the bedroom, before shutting the door and pulling him close to my chest, planting a small kiss ontop of his hair.
 
 
Sandeul's P.O.V
 
The day I had spent out with Jinyoung had been fun, and we had a laugh, he bought me ice cream, and we talked a lot. More than even before everything between us happened.
 
Despite this, somehow we both seem to have changed for the better, we seem closer now than we were in the first place, and even if we'll never be together, I don't mind. He's a good friend, and I don't intend to ruin that again.
 
It might not seem like we should be friends after everything that happend, after everything he put me through, but looking at it through his point of view, I understood. I understood everything. Why he did what he did. Why he treated me so badly.
 
It was only because he was scared.
 
I was now standing where I belonged, in Baro's embrace, shiverring against the heat of his body since I had just got in from the cold outdoors.
"You made me worried." He whispered againt my hair, tightening his grip round me.
 
"I'm sorry." I replied, playing with the collar of his jumper.
 
"Promise you won't do it to me again?"
 
"I promise." I felt a small smile creep onto my lips, even though he couldn't see. It felt nice to know he cared so much for me that he was genuinely worried about me.
 
 
Baro's P.O.V
 
"You're freezing." I sighed, taking hold of Sandeul's hands, rubbing them between my own to try and warm him up.
 
"Yeah." He chuckled. "It was pretty cold out."
 
"Then you should take a warm bath, come on." I smiled pushing him in the direction of the bathroom. 
 
He walked in and stood beside me somewhat awkwardly as I ran the bath.
 
"Thanks." He smiled, looking down at the water and then back up at me, trying to tell me I should leave so he could get in the bath.
 
Well that wasn't going to happen.
 
I placed my hands on the hem of his jumper and began pulling it up for him, but he put his hands over mine, forcibly pulling the jumper back down and giving my hands a light squeeze, signalling I should let go.
 
"Stop." Sandeul's voice was only a barely audible whisper, and I felt my eyebrows crease into a frown.
 
"It's ok." I smiled, kissing him lightly on the lips as I looked into his eyes. "I'm not going to try anything, I just want to take a bath with you." I said sincerely.
 
"W-Why would you want to do that?" He asked hesitantly, his eyes wide.
 
"Because I love you." I said, as though it was the most obvious thing in the world - which for me - it was. "I love you. I don't care about always having , I just like being with you, we might not be doing anything ual, but taking a bath together is pretty intimate, and honestly, I really want to do it." I smiled, blushing slightly at my own confession, before moving my hand up and   his hair gently.
 
Sandeul slumped his shoulders and the corner of his mouth twitched.
 
"But you'll have to see me ." He whined, his eyes travelling down to the floor.
 
"And what's the problem with that?"
 
"Everything's the problem with that, I'm just - Meh. There's nothing good about my body and if you'll see it you'll just be like 'ew gross' then you'll not want to be with me anymore." He sighed.
 
"Nothing good? Well I'm very sorry, but personally I think you're absoloutely perfect Cha Jung-Hwan, and I think-" I froze, realising what I had just said. I may have been thinking about this all day, but there was no need for it to just slip out in conversation like this.
 
I mentally face palmed.
 
"It's Lee." Sandeul eventually managed to say, recovering from the initial shock of being called Cha Jung-Hwan.
 
"I know." I mumbled back, feeling myslef begin to burn bright red.
 
Sandeul chuckled lightly, before begining to take off his shirt, he then moved over, taking off my shirt too and tossing them both on the floor. He smiled sweetly, giving me a soft kiss and cupping my face with his hands.
 
"There's no need to be so embarrassed, I just always thought Lee Sun-Woo would have sounded better." He shrugged like there was nothing to it, and I felt my face heat up again. "Bath. Now. It's getting late." He chuckled, pulling off his pants and socks until he was simply standing there in just his underwear.
 
I pulled off of the rest of my clothes until I was completely and climbed into the bath, sinking under the bubbles and peering out at Sandeul.
 
"Take those off and just get in." I chuckled and Sandeul took a deep breath, before discarding his underwear onto the bathroom floor and hurriedly climbing into the bath, settling himself between my legs and blushing. "See it wasn't that bad. I told you you were perfect." I grinned, pressing a small kiss against the back of his ear.
 
"Do you really mean that?" He asked in a small voice, leaning back againt my chest as I ran my hand through his hair.
 
"Of course I do, I wouldn't change a single thing about you, you're absoloutely perfect." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his chest and pulling him close to me.
 
We sat there for a long time, just... Together.
 
And it was pure bliss.
 
 
Sandeul's P.O.V
 
Once we had finished in the bath we both went to get ready for bed. I was still shocked I had been able to be fully infront of Baro, but I trust him entirely, and I was actually quite shocked at his reaction. He seemed genuine when he told me I was perfect.
 
Maybe to him.
 
Maybe to others.
 
I sihged looking down at my wrist and the ugly marks I had left across it.
 
But never to myself.
 
 
Baro's P.O.V
 
I sat down in bed, taking the small box out of my drawer and taking a deep breath as I held it in my lap.
 
"Sandeul can you come over here and sit beside me."I asked, gently running my fingers over the top of the box.
 
Sandeul looked up at me just as he was about to get into his own bed.
 
"What is it?" He asked, and I shuffled over, giving him room to slide in beside him.
 
"You know how you had that argument with your father before he... Passed." I said hesitantly, scared I was going to touch a nerve and make him snap or cry or something.
 
"Yeah." He sighed.
 
"Well when you were out, I uh, someone came and delivered this for you, said he left it to you in his will, I didn't read it, It wouldn't have been right."
 
Sandeul glanced at the piece of paper I had taken out of the box and was holding between my fingers.
 
"I'm not reading it." He sighed, looking away.
 
"Come on, just read it." I urged, I knew he wanted to, he just couldn't face what could be written on that piece of paper.
 
 
Sandeul's P.O.V
 
I hesitantly took the letter from Baro and unfolded it, letting my eyes scan over the shaky handwriting before I began to read.
 
Jung-Hwan, my son, where do I begin?
 
I guess I should begin by saying I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. Everything I have ever done or will do, said or will say, that's going to cause you pain. That was never my intention. I only wanted to make you happy.
 
 
Ever since you were little, you have always been the ray hope and wonder that kept me going. You knew how difficult things were for our family. How short money was, and I can onnly apologise for everything I have put you through. You were only young, we did our best, but you still suffered, and that was my fault. I worked as often as I could in order to put food on the table and keep a roof over your head, but now I realise, I wasn't really caring for you, I may have been feeding you, clothing you and giving you a place to stay, but anyone could have done that. I didn't spend enough time with you, loving you as a father should love his son.
 
When you were older and you came out to us in confidence, I wanted nothing more to support you, of course, I was shocked, but who wouldn't be? It was your mother that hated the idea, at first she shouted, though I probably don't need to remind you of that. I did everything I could, but she wouldn't calm down and settle on the idea. It was her worst nightmare. Couldn't she just be happy for you? I tried so hard to get her to talk about it, but she'd always brush it off as 'just a phase' saying you would be back to normal withing the next few weeks.
 
You didn't ever change.
 
There was no 'normal' to go back to.
 
You already were normal.
 
Gradualy, things got worse between me and your mother, and I began having to agree with her and take her side. I didn't want our family splitting up, it was my duty to take care of you, and I was failing in doing that, so I had to tell her she was right. After that she forced me into acting in a way in which I never normally would. I love you Jung-Hwan. I just wish I had chance to tell you that more often. I wish I could have done everything differently and been there for you.
 
I love you with all my heart. Keep shining my beutiful bright star, and live life the way you want to. Don't let anyone hold you back from where your heart is.
 
~Appa.
 
 
Baro's P.O.V
 
Sandeul was shaking as he read the letter, tears rolling down his face. I sat still, not wanting to interfere with him until he had finally finished reading.
 
"Thank you." He mumbled, passing the piece of paper back to me to keep safe for him.
 
I nodded and pulled him into an embrace.
 
"I'm sorry for making you read it." I sighed, feeling guilty now that he was crying.
 
"It's ok." He sniffled. "I'm glad I read it."
 
I smiled, smoothing my hand across his hair as he looked at me, the tears still twinkling in his eyes.
 
"There was something else too." I said, going back to the box and taking out the ring which was in there. "But I wanted to give you this in a different way.
 
Don't think I'm using it because I'm cheap and can't afford one, I'm using it becuase I know your father would have wanted this, to see you happy with someone you love." I began, Sandeul sat staring at me, his eyes wide, slowly nodding. "I wanted to know if you'd be my everything, if you'd spend your life with me." I said swallowing hard. "I wanted to know if you'd commit to me." I asked, showing him the ring. "Since we're both guys, we can't technically get married, but we can commit." I stated, looking down at the ring, before looking abck up at him with hopeful eyes.
 
Sandeul smiled gently, allowing me to slip the ring onto his finger.
 
"Of course I'll be your husband!" He cried, throwing his arms round my neck. "And the rings match, I still have Umma's, you can have hers." He grinned.
 
"You want to be with me? Forever?" I asked hesitantly.
 
"I love you Sun-Woo, of course I do. I want to be yours forever, I want you to be mine forever.  I want you to be my everything." He smiled sweetly, kissing me on the lips. "I want you to be my saviour, my knight in shining armour. I want you to be my happiness, my sunshine. I want you to be my fairytale."
 
"My happy ending." I finished for him, pulling him closer to me and presing my lips against his own, kissing him softly and confessing all the love I had for him in that one kiss.
 
Sandeul pulled away and smiled softly at me, before he spoke again.
 
"Our happy ending."
 
~The End~

*Bows 90 degrees*

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this fanfiction and take this journey with us, and I can honestly say it has been amazing.

I am honoured to have so many subscribers just for our first fanfiction, we got over 60 which, for our first attempt at a B1A4 fanfiction, is truly magical for us. We never imagined we would ever get this many on this fic.

Aww just look at you all, you're so cute!

I love you.

Both of us love you.

*Bows again*

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. It's been a good run, and I'm very sad to have to draw this to a close, but don't forget, we have another fanfiction coming up soon xD

 

Happy Birthday this week to:

Dara!

Changjo!

And of course, the reason I postponed the update until today, our fabulous leader, Jung Jinyoung!

Thank you very much for reading, and I hope you will continue to support us in our fanfictions, here is the final part of the teaser for out next fic, and the trailer. It will begin Sunday next week and updates should be on Mondays. Thank you.