Then he smiled at me

In the eyes of a dongsaeng

Part one of the triple update!


Sandeul's P.O.V


I left the hospital feeling lighter than I had before, and happier than I had felt in a long time. Being on good terms with my father again was one thing, but having him actually tell me that he loves me was another, and it felt honestly amazing. 

I felt as though now that he had said he loves me, I could open up to him. He is my father and he loves me, and I can tell him anything, knowing full well that he will support me in all of my problems. No matter what they were. I knew that my father loved me, and that he would do this for me, but I also knew that even though he was getting better, I couldn't burden him with my own petty problems.

My father was still very ill, and no matter how caring and loving he was towards me, I knew his condition wouldn't improve if I was constantly to him about my nonexistent love life.

I wouldn’t want to worry him about it anyway.

All the way back to the dorm in the taxi, my mind was on my appa, and the one light that still shone in my life. It wasn’t until I got back to the dorm until I was reminded of what my life really was. A living hell.

I went into the house and decided to watch TV.  CNU was sat on the couch watching a drama. It was one of my favourites, but I didn’t want to watch it. Not if he was there. All of this was his fault, I didn’t want to be in the same room as him, let alone sit beside him.

Maybe I should get something to eat? I walked into the kitchen and saw Jinyoung in there, baking a cake with Noona. The way he smiled at her as he wiped the icing off of her nose practically shattered my heart. How I longed for that to be me. I left the kitchen before either of them had chance to notice I was there.

There was always my bedroom, I could go and sit in there and play games on my phone I guess.

I opened the door and immediately Baro’s head snapped up to look at me. He looked at me a little while and I smiled at him, hoping he had forgiven me for what happened with Gongchan, or at least thought about it. He didn’t smile back. Simply lowered his head to look back down at his phone.

Me and Baro had grown closer since Jinyoung had found out I liked him. Hadn’t we? I thought he would have wanted me to be happy. I thought he was different than the others. I guess I was wrong.

My heart sunk as I thought about Baro and what he had done to me. He had really made me hurt. I thought he was my friend, I thought he actually cared about me, I thought he might actually listen to what I had to say.

I found myself wandering outside to the garden and sitting down on the swinging sofa. My thoughts no longer being about my father, but now orientating around Baro. How could such a lovely person be so horrible all of a sudden?

 

Baro’s P.O.V

The door opened and Sandeul walked in. I really hoped he wasn’t going to come in and sit down. I was busy recovering from heart break. He would only make things worse.

I sat staring at him for a while, looking at his perfect features, and wondering how someone so beautiful could be such a heartless two faced bastard.

Then he smiled at me.

I felt my heart split in two. It physically hurt. I looked away from him as I felt a lump appear in my throat, urging me to cry. I think he got the hint that I didn’t want him to be there as soon after I had turned away from him, I heard the door close again.

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

I sat on the swing with my head in my hands, I didn’t know how I was going to get out of this mess, things just seemed to get worse and worse.

I felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulders. I didn't look up to see who it was right away, I was scared as to who I might find had taken pity on me.

For now all I wanted to do was let myself feel comforted, and I didn't mind who by.

The person smelled nice.

My head rested against the persons shoulder as I cried, and I felt his hand begin to rub up and down my arm. I knew it wasn't Baro just from him doing that.

When Jinyoung had first found out that I was gay Baro had contorted me then, he had put his arm round me and rubbed my arm a little. When Baro rubbed my arm, it felt comforting and relaxing, like I could melt beneath his touches and trust him, but these touches were the same, yet they still left me on edge and didn't soothe me as they were obviously intended to. I wanted Baro to be here comforting me now, but he was mad at me and I knew that I just had to live with that.

"It's ok Sandeul, shh, don't cry." The voice beside me whispered and that's when I realised who it was.

 

Baro's P.O.V

I sighed, still feeling broken about Sandeul betraying me. Even if he didn't know I loved him, he was still a bastard for doing this!

All this time I was comforting him and trying to show him how much he meant to people as gently as I could, when he'd been banging Chan-Shik since the start.

I walked over to my window which overlooked the garden and noticed Sandeul sitting on the swing sofa by himself. Wait. Is he crying?

It was true, what Sandeul did to me really had split me in two. My heart wanted me to go outside, sit beside him, hold him close and comfort him, and my head wanted me to go back to playing my game and just try to ignore him.

I listened to my stomach and went to head to the kitchen.

As I stood up to leave, however, something caught my eye. There was another person in the garden, and he was walking towards Sandeul.

Gongchan.

My hands clenched into fists by my sides, but I couldn't manage to tear my eyes away from what was happening. My curiosity was getting the better of me.

Gongchan slowly walked over to Sandeul and sat down beside him, wrapping his arm around Sandeul's shoulders.

Sandeul snuggled closer to him and seemed to relax beneath his touch, he never did that when I tried to comfort him my touches probably made him seem uncomfortable. Gongchan leaned down and whispered something in Sandeul's ear.

That was it.

I couldn't just stand here watching them being a cute couple together, it was only hurting me.

My stomach grumbled, yearning for my attention. This time, I really did listen to it.

 

Sandeul's P.O.V

As soon as the words had left his mouth, I instantly knew who it was.

"Get off me." I grumbled, pushing his arm off of my shoulders and sliding away from him on the seat

"Why? No one else wants to touch you, you should be thankful I still care."

"If you cared about me then you would never have told Jinyoung." I snapped.

"Sandeul, I'm sorry, can't you see that?!" His voice grew louder. "I wasn't thinking, when I found out you liked Jinyoung, I just got so jealous, why did you have to like him and not me? I love you!" He yelled, tears now forming in his eyes. I didn't know what to say. "I love you." He whispered his confession again. "I wouldn't have shouted at you, I wouldn't have hit you, I would have treat you well Jung-Hwan." His voice was quiet and he sounded sincere.

"I don't love you though. I can't help that.”

“You could learn to love me.” He whispered, his voice pained. “But you don’t even try. Why is it so hard to give me a chance?”

“You forced yourself on me. You try too hard Gongchan. I don’t even like you as a friend anymore.”

“I tried because I love you. I just want you to be happy, can’t you see that?”

“I was happy Gongchan!” I yelled. “Then you ruined everything.”

Then his hand collided with the side of my face, slapping me hard across the cheek.

“Oh my God!” He cried when he realised what he had done. “Sandeul I’m sorry. I... I didn’t mean to...” He began to tearing up and reached out to my face. “I didn’t mean to hurt you, I love you.” He choked out, caressing my cheek. I just sat there and stared at him, a little in shock at what had just happened.

 

Baro’s P.O.V

I went back upstairs with my packet of crisps and as I was about to sit down on my bed, I took another glance out of the window and regretted it instantly. Gongchan was sat Sandeul’s cheek and looking at him intently. They were clearly happy together. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing if Sandeul is happy with Gongchan. He hurt me badly, but maybe I will be able to get over him. I know it won’t be easy.

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

As soon as I had come to my senses I slapped Gongchan’s hand away.

“Don’t touch me Gongchan!” I yelled. “You can’t make me love you.” I walked away and back into the house, storming up to my room, forgetting Baro was there.

I threw the door open and stormed inside, walking over to my bed, plopping down on it and covering my face with a pillow.

“What’s up?” Baro asked. “Has a row with your girlfriend?” He teased.

“Me and Gongchan aren’t together.” I sat up thumping the pillow back down on the bed and glaring over at him as he sat eating his crisps, knowing full well he was referring to me and Chan-Shik.

“I never said anything about Gongchan.” His eyebrows rose as he tried to be clever about it.

“You meant it though. I know you think we’re together, you saw him kiss me.”

“You weren’t exactly putting up a fight though.” He huffed, stuffing another crisp in his mouth.

“I tried Baro. I tried to shout you when you came in, I needed you to help me, he put his hand over my mouth, I ripped it off to shout again, but immediately he put his other hand over my mouth. I pulled it off and tried to shout, I could, I had hold of both of his arms. That’s when he kissed me, because I was going to shout for you to help me, I didn’t kiss-”

“Just shut the up you lying little bastard!” Baro yelled, standing up and throwing his crisps down onto his bed. “I heard him banging you against the wall. I heard you . I saw you both making out. I saw it Sandeul. You can’t hide it from me anymore.”

I sat staring at him as he yelled at me. Never before had I ever seen him look so angry. I thought he was my friend; I thought he would trust me and believe me. He clearly wasn’t going to listen to another word I had to say, or my lame excuses. How believe able did it sound anyway? He kissed me to shut me up? I know I wouldn’t believe it if someone told me that. I don’t blame Baro.

“I hate you Jung-Hwan. I wish I’d never even ing met you, you lying little bastard.” Baro spat, glaring at me as he headed towards the door. I could swear I saw tears glittering in his eyes, but I wasn’t sure. My on tears were blurring everything.

He slammed the door on the way out and I collapsed on the bed, it seemed like the only person I had now was my father. I’m going to go see him again next week. 


Yeeey I'm back from my holidays!!!

Did you miss me?

Finally I have part one of the triple update posted!

Come back tomorrow for chapter 17!

Meanwhile, here is the teaser image!