What's your name?

In the eyes of a dongsaeng

Ok so in this chapter... The outfit described is the one he is wearing in the title image ^^


Baro’s P.O.V

“Good morning gorgeous.” I grinned, walking into Sandeul’s room and sitting down beside him.

“Good morning.”

“How are you feeling?” I asked, looking down at him with concern.

“Ah, I’m feeling ok, the doctors are going to let me go this afternoon.” He said, his voice sounding cheerier than it had in a long time.

“That’s great!” I said, unable to help the huge grin spreading across my face.

Just as Sandeul was about to reply, the door opened and Sandeul’s mother walked in. His eyes rounded at the sight of her, and he pressed himself back against his pillows, as though he was hoping to just disappear.

“You must be Sun-Woo.” She smiled brightly at me, not seeming half as bad as Sandeul had always made her out to be. “It’s nice to meet you.” She said, bowing. “You saved my son’s life. Thank you so much.”

I was a little taken aback by this, yet I still found myself nodding and smiling at her.

“It’s the least I could do for him after all he’s been through.” I sighed, pressing my lips together and looking away.

“Jung-Hwan, I’m so sorry, I didn’t think about how I was treating you, as a mother, it was my worst nightmare to find out that my son was gay. I don’t expect you to understand, but it just felt as though you weren’t my son any more, and since your father passed, I know now that it shouldn’t matter, we’re still family. It doesn’t mean we’re going to be spending all our time together, but I swear I won’t do anything to upset you purposely.” She stated matter of factly. “You’ll attend your father’s funeral won’t you?” She asked softly, and I knew that she wasn’t asking softly for Sandeul’s sake, but because she was still grieving for her late husband.

“I will.” He mumbled quietly, lowering his head.

“Feel free to come too Sun-Woo, I’m sure that Jung-Hwan’s father would have wanted his son’s saviour there too.”

His saviour? I’d kissed him! He probably wouldn’t want me there if he knew that.

“Are you sure?” I asked, knowing that only his closest relatives and friends would be allowed to attend.

“Of course! Oh and Jung-Hwan, I wanted to give this to you.” She said quietly, sliding her wedding ring off of her finger and passing it to Sandeul.

“I can’t.” Sandeul said blankly, staring at the ring his mother was holding out towards him.

“Of course you can, after your father passed, I had to give you it. We had both sworn to doing this since the day you were born. Don’t let me down Jung-Hwan.” She said, her eyebrows rising slightly in expectation that her on would take it without an argument.

“Thank you.” He said swallowing hard as he accepted the ring, holding it gently in the palm of his hand.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at the funeral.” She forced a smile and stood up, leaving the room. Me and Sandeul both just sat watching her disappear down the corridor.

We both sat in silence until she was way out of sight.

“I can’t believe you’re actually agreeing to going.” I huffed, shaking my head. “After how she’s treat you you’re doing this for her?” I asked in disbelief. “She didn’t even ask how you were feeling. Sandeul, what the hell are you thinking?”

“I’m not doing it for her.” He hissed, looking across the other side of the room so he couldn’t see me. “I’m doing it for my father. You don’t understand Baro, the last time I saw him I was so horrible to him, I should at least go and try to make peace with him, even if he can’t accept it, I have to try. This isn’t for her, I know she doesn’t care.” His voice cracked as he raised his hand and threw the ring across the room.

“Sandeul!” I yelled, going to pick up the ring, before going back to Sandeul and sitting on the edge of the bed, placing my hands on Sandeul’s shoulders.

“I hate her.” He breathed. “That’s only going to make me think of her. I don’t want it!” He yelled, pushing my hand away as I tried to give it back to him.

“Sandeul please. Just take it, in a few years you’ll understand that even if she didn’t really like you, she doesn’t hate you. If she did, she wouldn’t have kept her word and given you this. Take it!” I said forcing it into his hands. “But that still doesn’t mean you have to do things for her, she hasn’t treat you well enough to be rewarded.”

“Rewarded?” He asked, finally looking up at me. “Going to her husband’s funeral is a reward now?” He began shaking and I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

“Oh God, no! Your sympathy, she doesn’t deserve it!” I sighed, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him close to me. “I just don’t want you getting hurt by her. I can’t risk this happening to you again. I can’t stand the thought of it.” My voice started cracking as I held him close to me.

What would I have done if I had lost him?

“I’m going, but only for my father, I won’t give her my sympathy. I know she doesn’t deserve it, just come with me Baro, I don’t think I can stand it by myself.

“Of course I will.” I whispered, rocking backwards and forwards slightly, trying to soothe the both of us.

Sure Sandeul’s mother might love him, but after how she’s treat him, I don’t want him giving her sympathy, or else he will be the one getting hurt.

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

Baro brought me clean clothes later in the afternoon, and I was allowed to shower in the hospital. I got changed and we went home. By the time we got home, it was night time, and everyone was already asleep.

“Come on, let’s go to bed, I’m shattered.” Baro sighed, locking the door and following me to our room.

“Me too.” I sighed, waking in and sitting down on the bed.

We both got ready to go to bed, and before I knew it Baro was asleep and I was left laying there alone, simply staring into the darkness. I didn’t have much confidence when it came to talking to relatives, especially considering my parent’s hate me, but with Baro by my side, I knew that I would be ok. He refused to listen to me and believe that I wasn’t with Gongchan because he was scared I was going to hurt him that way. He loved me. You do silly things when you’re in love.

 

Baro’s P.O.V

“Sandeul! Sandeul! Wake up.” I was doing my best to keep my voice quiet as I shook Sandeul’s shoulders, waking him up.

“Uh... What?” He mumbled, opening his eyes slightly and squinting at me.

“We have to go to your Father’s funeral today, come on get up, get dressed.” I forced a smile, smoothing down the black suit I had put on for the sad occasion. “I’ll go make you breakfast.”

Sandeul nodded, letting out a small yawn and stretching as he sat up.

I was in the kitchen finishing preparing breakfast when Sandeul walked in behind me.

“How do I look?” He asked, an uncertain tone to his voice.

I turned round to inspect his choice of outfit and found him wearing a smart white shirt, blazer and black dress trousers, he had a small white flower in the pocket of his blazer and a white band tied around his arm, with a black bow tied round his neck. His hair was combed neatly, though it still looked soft and fluffy.

“Wow.” I breathed, “You look gorgeous!” I grinned, walking over to him to smooth out the folds of his blazer which were slightly out of place.

“I’m not sure, I’m dressed like a close family member should be, and let’s face it, I haven’t exactly been the best son.” He mumbled, looking down awkwardly. “I wasn’t even surprised I’m not being the sangju.”

“Stop it.” I frowned, putting my hand on his chin and forcing him to look at me. “You’ve been an amazing son. You did the best you could, and so you can at least dress like his son at his funeral. They probably didn’t ask you to be the sangju because you have been ill.” I sighed, shaking my head and cupping his face. “You look perfect like that. Don’t worry. I’m sure they don’t want to force you to be the sangju if you have had such a bad time recently.” I smiled and turned back to making the breakfast.

 “But it’s tradition that the first born son gets to be the sangju.” He mumbled. “They didn’t even ask me.”

“They probably just didn’t want to burden you with that too.”

“My Umma treats me like I’m not even his son. Yet she still expects me to go. The only reason their first born son shouldn’t be a sangju is if he’s ill or dead, does that mean I’m dead to them?”

“You were ill. Jung-Hwan you’ve just come out of hospital, I wouldn’t even expect you to attend let alone be the sangju.” I said gently, carrying the bowls of rice to the table.

“If I’m well enough to go I’m at least well enough to be the sangju.” He sighed, picking up his spoon and playing with his rice with it.

“Don’t think of it like that.” I sighed, beginning to eat my rice. “Just trust me, you’re not in a fit state to take on a role like that.

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

Maybe Baro was right, I shouldn’t be the sangju. When had I ever acted like a good son to my Appa?

Seeing my uncle sitting on the coarse mat by the photos of my father, the flowers and the incense stick I knew that maybe I shouldn’t have even wanted to be the sangju. My Uncle had always been there for my father, he was what you would expect of a brother. What had I ever done for him?

“Jung-Hwan.”

I turned round to see my mother stood smiling at me.

“U-Um-ma?” It came out as more of a stutter than a greeting.

“Would you like to light the incense stick? He chose that favour especially.” She said, smoothing out her hanbok. “I would have made you the sangju, but after all you have been through recently, I didn’t think it would be fair to ask something like that of you.”

I felt relief wash over me. She would have asked me? She didn’t hate me? She still considered me as her son.

I glanced over at Baro who was stood beside me and he nodded.

“Are you sure?” I asked her.

“Of course, Jung-Hwan you’re his son.” She said gently, shaking her head a little.

I nodded and made my way up to the table and taking the box of matches.

I lit a match and held it to the end of the Sandalwood flavour incense stick, allowing the fame to burn for a few seconds before I blew it out and let the smoke gently drift up into the air.

After that I stood up and bowed twice and a half to the photos of my father, and once to my uncle who was sitting beside the table.

 

Jinyoung’s P.O.V

“What do you mean they wouldn’t let you buy alcohol?” I asked Gongchan, frowning at him. “You’re old enough.”

“They didn’t believe me.” He sighed defeated, dropping down onto the sofa.

“I’ll go.” CNU sighed, reaching for the keys.

We were all preparing for a party I decided to throw for Sandeul. I wanted to apologise properly and hope he accepted it. I knew there was no way of us ever being close friends again after what had happened, but it was best to move on. For everyone’s sake.

“Is your girlfriend coming?” Gongchan asked out of no-where, shocking me so much that I almost fell off the ladder I was standing on. “Careful hyung.” He said when he saw me wobble. “Why are you up there anyway?” He asked, and I let out a small sigh, happy that he had decided to change the subject.

“I’m trying to hang up these decorations, but I’m too short to reach the ceiling without the ladder.” I sighed. “It’s no good being the shortest member.”

“You’re not the shortest though.” He frowned. “You’re the same height as Baro and Sandeul.”

“Then we’re all the shortest members.”

“Yeah but-”

“Look, if you want to hang these decorations up instead, you can.” I interrupted.

“I doubt three centimetres is going to make that much difference hyung.” Gongchan mumbled, fiddling with the balloon in his fingers and trying to look remotely busy.

“Lazy arse.” I mumbled under my breath, but I knew that he had still heard me.

“I’m not. I’m blowing these balloons up, that’s hard too!” He argued.

“Sure it is, I think we’re nearly done anyway.”

 

Baro’s P.O.V

I drove us home after the funeral. Sandeul and his mother had both cried a lot to show their respect, and I cried a little too, it would have been rude of me not to.

“What do you think is going to happen now Baro?” Sandeul asked, breaking the silence.

“What do you mean?”

“Well.” Sandeul paused to think. “I mean, do you think everything is just going to go back to how it was before? Do you think Jinyoung’s still going to be nasty to me? I mean, I know he apologised in hospital, but he doesn’t know that I know that. Do you think he’ll tell me again now I’m awake?”

I glanced over at him and was met by his big round eyes, looking at me as though I was going to tell him the answer. I couldn’t read Jinyoung’s mind. How would I know?

“I don’t know.” I finally admitted, turning my attention back to the road. “Hopefully we will all be able to move on, and that ay we might grow closer again.”

 

Sandeul’s P.O.V

Baro stopped the car just outside the dorm and we went inside.

“Sandeul!” Jinyoung cried as soon as I stepped through the door. I stood staring at him in shock and looking round the room which had been decorated for a party. “I threw you a party.” He gave me a shy smile. “I wanted to apologise properly. I did it while you were in hospital but you probably don’t remember that because you were unconscious.”

“Uh...” I began, looking away from him awkwardly. “Actually I was awake then.” I paused before adding: “I heard everything.”

“Everything?” He asked, his eyes widening.

I slowly nodded my head, scared of how he was going to react to this.

Jinyoung  let out a sigh and looked away from, looking a little dazed that I had heard his confession.

“I accept you’re apology.” I finally said in a small voice. “You’re right though, I think we would have been good together. I would have done anything for you. I don’t think you understand how much you meant to me before.”

“Good together?” We all turned to the door to face CNU and Gongchan who were looking at Jinyoung like he had just said he was really a woman.

“Uh, I...” Jinyoung began, lowering his eyes to the floor.

“Jinyoung’s gay.” I finally said for him, realising he was going to have a hard time saying it. “He liked me. He told me that he tried to hate me so that he would stop liking me. That’s why he was so horrible to me when he found out I liked him.”

“Loved.” Jinyoung said and I turned back to look at him. “I didn’t like you.” He continued. “I loved you, that’s why it was so hard to hate you. I was scared of being gay; I thought it was really wrong.”

“Wow.” Gongchan finally broke the silence. “You mean... You and Sandeul could have been together if you hadn’t been such an to him?”

“Chan-Shik!” I yelled, knowing that what he just said probably really hurt Jinyoung. After his explanation in the hospital, I funny understood why he acted like that with me, and I found myself feeling really sorry for him.

“You’re right.” Jinyoung said quietly, his voice cracking a little.

‘ha ha hey, ha ha hey, ha ha hey... 4 Minutes.’

Everyone turned to look at the ipod which had just begun playing what’s your name by 4 Minute, making the whole situation a little more confusing.

“But Jinyoung, You have a girlfriend.” Gongchan said slowly.

“I... I do.” He sighed. “And I need to tell her, but not yet, let’s just enjoy tonight first.” He smiled, picking up a bottle of soju. “Anyone for a drink?”


Oh dear Jinyoung...

You gonna tell your noona or shall I?

Did the teaser image for this one trick you? I think a lot of you thought that he was actually going to loose his memory... Nope... It's just 4 Minute's song! I really like that song xD

So... This week I was thinking I may double update or triple or something like that but I'm not sure, at the moment it looks like a double, but if I finish chapter 24 soon it will be a triple, or maybe I will writ 25 and make it a quadrouple... maybe... I will see if I have enough time hehe ^^

The next chapter will be posted tomorrow ^^ I hope you are excited! xD

This week happy birthday to:

Sungyeol

And Sohyun

And here is the teaser image for next chapter ^^