I had my Appa

In the eyes of a dongsaeng

Sandeul's P.O.V

Bruises were scattered across my back, my chest and both my arms, the left side of my chest was aching like hell and I had a black eye.

My chest heaved as I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, where I was met by a horrible sight when I looked in the mirror.

I looked a mess.

My phone had rung last night, and the lady at the hospital had told me that my father was awake, and was getting gradually better, now I had to go and see him. I had to go and at least try to make peace.

Baro slept on the couch last night.

I put on some make up to try and hide the bruise on my eye, and got dressed. I left without telling anyone and got a taxi to the hospital.

 

Baro's P.O.V

I had been lying there awake for a while when I heard Sandeul leave. I was torn in two. How am I supposed to feel with this guy? He broke my heart by lying to me, cheating me out of what I felt for him, but at the same time, something inside me still wanted him, still wanted to be there, still wanted to comfort him.

I kept my eyes shut and tried to get back to sleep and push any annoying thoughts of Sandeul from my mind. I think I still love him.

 

Sandeul's P.O.V

I got out of the taxi at the hospital and went into the store beside it to get myself some fruit for breakfast, and to buy my Appa some chocolate. I know him well enough to know he would prefer chocolate over grapes.

"I'm here to visit my father." I said to the woman behind the reception desk. Being an old family friend she thought nothing of it as she let me through. I don't think she knows how much they hate me.

I walked down the corridors of the hospital until I came to the ward which my Appa was on.

"Appa?" I asked gingerly when I walked into the room.

“Jung-Hwan?” He asked, almost as though he was happy to see me.

“I’m sorry Appa, I know you don’t really want me here, but I’m your son, and I want to see you. I brought you chocolate.” I said timidly.

“It’s not that I don’t want to see you. At the moment I’m happy to see you. To think I could have died made me realise what I could have lost. Your mother told me that you came to see me. I’m thankful for that Jung-Hwan.”

I nodded and went to sit in the chair beside his bed.

“I know I have been a terrible son, and I’m sorry for that, but I still love you. When umma told me that you were in a coma, I wanted to come and see you, because I love you. But at the same time I was scared to. She said I shouldn’t.”

“When did she say that?” He asked, a frown creasing his pale features.

I didn’t say anything, just took out my phone and showed him the text I had got from her.

‘Your father is in hospital; he’s got into a car accident and is nearing the end. He’s in a coma. But don’t go see him. It isn’t what he would want. Let’s make his last few hours happy - Umma.’

My Appa didn’t respond at first, he simply looked away and out of the window.

“Your mother was upset. I’m sure she didn’t mean it. She was worried for me, she never thought about how the news would have affected you too.”

It had been so long since I had spoken to my father like this. I couldn’t even remember the last time I had a conversation with him without my mother being there. When we were alone, he was nicer to me, he didn’t seem to hate me.

“She hates me.” I said, a lump beginning to form in my throat.

There was a long pause before my father spoke again.

“I don’t.” He reassured me. He didn’t say that my mother didn’t, he knew I wouldn’t believe him. He was never a very good liar anyway. “I love you Jung-Hwan.”

As he said that I couldn’t control it any more. Tears began to spill and roll down my cheeks. He did love me, and I loved him too. I didn’t need my umma and her hatred. I had my Appa, and his love.

“I love you too.” I choked out.

A small smile settled on my father’s lips as he extended his arms out towards me. I leant in to hug him, expecting it to be awkward, but as I made contact with him it wasn’t awkward at all, it was gentle and comforting.

“I don’t care if you’re gay, it’s your mother that is hurt by it, and I can kind of understand. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but when she was younger, her mother kicked her father out.” He paused. “She found out he was gay. He had been seeing another man. Your grandmother found out when he told her he was working away; she went to see his best friend to see if he had the number to call him with as he never left one. The window was open. She could hear people sleeping together. She was about to leave when she heard the voice of her husband. Then she realised he was with another man. She left, went home and packed his bags. After that your mother was brought up in a home with only her mother, and was taught that it was wrong to be gay.”

I was too shocked to say anything. My grandma had heard her husband making love to another man? I couldn’t even begin to imagine how she felt.

“I understand she must really hate me.” I nodded.

“She thinks that being gay is a huge sin. It’s how she was brought up.”

I nodded.

“I don’t hate you at all though Sandeul. You’re my son, and I will love you unconditionally.” He smiled, placing his hand over my own trembling ones.

“I love you too.” I smiled. “Here, I brought you these.” I pulled my hands away and handed him the chocolates.

“Thank you.” He smiled, taking them from me and inspecting the packaging. “These are my favourites.”

“I know.”

“Would you like one?” He asked, opening he box and offering it out to me. I smiled and shook my head. “That one there is your favourite.” He smiled, pointing to the little chocolate in the silver wrapper. “You know you want it.” He smiled.

I hesitantly picked up the chocolate and looked at it before putting it back down.

“They’re yours.” I shook my head. But my father picked up the chocolate and unwrapped it. It took him a while as his hands had grown shakier with old age, but he managed to do it eventually and held it out in front of my mouth.

“Eat it.” He encouraged me.

I looked over at his face and he was giving me a weak eye smile, clearly still not fully recovered from the car accident.

I took the chocolate from him and put it into my mouth. My father’s face broke out into a grin and he began to eat a chocolate for himself.

“I missed you son.” He said. “You never came to visit.”

“I thought you didn’t want me to. You even said so yourself.”

“That was your mother; I had to do it to make her happy. If I didn’t side with her she would have thought she had lost me too. I hope you understand, she would have lost everything. Her father, her son, and then her husband? She needed me to be there for her.”

“She didn’t lose me!” I retaliated. “She pushed me away.”

“It felt like she had though. When she found out you were gay she cried.”

“I didn’t mean to make her cry. I didn’t want to upset her. She is my umma, I do care for her.”

“I know you do. Thank you for visiting me today.” Appa smiled, taking my hand in his and giving it a small weak squeeze.

“Thank you for letting me.” I smiled as the tears pricked at my eyes once more.

“I love you Jung-Hwan.” He smiled, and I could tell from the look in his eyes that he was sincere.

“I love you Appa.”


I really hoped you enjoyed it!

Don't worry guys, the fic isn't finished...

But I'm really sorry to have to say that I'm going on hiatus.

As the other authour is already on hiatus for the foreseeable future, there will be nobody to update the fic.

I'm goin on Hiatus because I'm going on holiday for two weeks where there is no internet, so I won't be able to upload. Meaning that there will be no update next week or the week after.

But don't worry guys!!!! The week when I get back you're in for a treat as I am giving you a TRIPLE update. Yes you heard me, not just an update after so long waiting (yey) not a double update, but a triple! Just to make up for the chapters I missed while I am away! :3

I'm going to miss you! xD

Also for you CNU and Baro stans out there I wrote a shinro for one of my readers who ships them, if you want to read it it's on my personal account and it's called Let's Fly. When I return from my holidays I will be turning it into a two shot, so if you enjoy it  please subscribe xD

Here's the link to the oneshot > http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/502199/let-s-fly-b1a4-baro-cnu--shinro

I also accept requests for one shots s of fluffs, reader x bias whatever, whoever! Even pairings from different groups (I really like Taeren (Taemin x Ren) and Taolo (Tao x Zelo) So just post on my wall on that account and I'll write you one xD :3 I will write them with anything requests for places P.O.V etc (I'm not particularly keen on constantly writing ones set in beds as I find they get a little repetative but hey ho! I'll do them if you want xD)

Woooow that was a Loooooooong AN!

Probbaly becuase I'm going to miss you so much OTL :(

Bye guys!!!! See you later!