Powerful Words... And Equally Powerful Fists

An Unexpected Destination

But my thoughts are put on hold when I hear the sound of a door slamming behind me.

I turn to see Eunhyuk standing there, and enraged look on his face.

"Why does it have to be her?" He asks quietly. 

                                                      

                                                                        {Donghae's POV}


What is Eunhyuk talking about? What does he mean?

"W-what? Eunhyuk, are you all right?" I ask hesitantly. Why does he seem so upset? Did I do something wrong?

"You heard me," His voice slowly starts to raise. "Why does it have to be her? You can have Jessica, you can have Yoona, you can have any other girl in the world. But instead you want her?"

...Is he talking about Erika?

"Her?" I manage to say after a long pause.

"Erika, you bastard." He whispers.

"What about Erika?"

"You like her, don't you?" I'm taken aback by the question. How blunt.

"I... Well, I dunno. Yeah. Maybe."

"Answer the question!" He yells. He steps closer with every word and now he's practically spitting his word in my face.

"Yes," I reply. "What does it matter to you?"

He suddenly looks like his whole world has just been crushed. His shoulders slump, the corners of his mouth droop, reavealing a pitifully sad expression and his eyes immediatly fill with tears. I've never seen Eunhyuk like this. What could have brought it on?

"C-can't you like someone else?" He asks, his word wobbling.

"What? Like someone else? That's not as easy as it sounds. And why would I want to, anyway?"

"Because I like her." His voice is dripping with rage. I can feel hatred radiating off his body.

Eunhyuk likes Erika? What?! Since when? And why does he seem so intense?

Eunhyuk's had countless crushed over the years. He's never been so focused on one girl, though. Even when one of the other members would admit that they liked whoever it was Eunhyuk claimed to have interest in, he would just laugh and brush it off, immediatly moving on to the next girl or would give himself time to stalk new prey.

"Y-you like Erika, too?" I stutter. "That's cool..." I honestly don't know what to say at this point.

His expression changes completely. He backs up slightly and looks extremely offended for some unknown reason.

"Are you serious, Donghae? That's cool? It's cool that we like the same girl? Well than if it's so cool, wouldn't it be cooler if you just gave up on her? 'Cause you don't seem so in to it anyway. She's just one of countless girls willing to date you, right? No big deal then."

"Excuse me?!" Now I'm mad. How can he say that to me? "Just stop liking her? One of countless girls? Get a hold of yourself, Eunhyuk. I like Erika. And I'm not giving her up just because you do, too. Get over yourself. Grow up and learn that you're not always going to get your way through pouting. You're not even as cute as Sungmin."

That's when he does it. I'm so suprised, I fall to the ground, clutching my now reddened cheek.

He just hit me.

And now he's standing over me, breathing hard, his shoulders moving up and down as he pants loudly. I can see his eyes are pools of rage and his mouth is twisted in to the most hideous frown I've ever seen.

"Me get over myself? Me grow up? Shut the up. Every week it's a new girl for you. A new relationship and eventually, after a few days, a new girl ending up crying because she just got dumped. Is that what you plan to do this time? Ha. Of course it is. Because you're Lee Donghae. You're just a useless player. I despise you. You think about nobody's feelings but your own." He yells at me at the top of his lungs.

How dare he talk to me like that?

I jump out of my position of sitting on the ground beneath him, holding my cheek, and throw myself on top of him, punching blindly, hoping that my fists make their mark and him him square in the jaw so that he'll shut up.

But he fights back. Throwing his fists around, kicking and kneeing, trying to hit any part of my body he can.

We roll around on the floor on top of each other, yelling and cussing at each other, punching the living day lights out of each other.

" you!"

"Get off of me, you bastard!"

"You son of a ! Don't talk to me like that!"

"Yah! What the hell is going on here?" I feel a hand reach out and grab my arm, pulling me off of Eunhyuk but he just gets up and follows me off the ground, taking advantage of my arms being locked behind my back, punching and kicking me as hard as he can.

But someone grabs him from behind, too. Two someones, actually. Yesung and Ryeowook are both frantically trying to restrain an unwilling Eunhyuk who tries to jump away and come at me again. Sungmin, I assume, is the one behind me, locking my arms behing my back.

I fight for a few seconds but then my gaze catches two small figures standing in the doorway. Maura's standing there, shocked, her hand covering while Erika just looks hopeless for once, not knowing at all how to handle the situation. They look scared.

It's enough to make me stop struggling and immediatly hang my head in shame. Why had I lost control like that?

"Let me go!" Eunhyuk screams, still resisting. Until he notices the girls, too, and stands there with nothing to do but let his mouth hang open, suddenly aware of what he has just caused.

"What the hell is you guys' problem?" I hear Sungmin scream at us from behind me.

"I-" I start. But I don't know how to finish. The both of us just remain quiet.

"Huh?" Yesung continues for Sungmin. "What were you two thinking, fighting like that? You're best friends! What reason do you have for going at each other's throats?!"

"We're not friends." Eunhyuk says quietly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

...What?

Even though we'd just fought like that, even though we like the same girl, how can her say that? We've been throught so much together! Since before debut! Years of friendship can't just end so suddenly... Right?

"Eunhyuk..." But I don't know what to say.

And it doesn't matter, because he wouldn't of heard me if I had said anything.

I see him go limp in Yesung and Ryeowook's arms, unconscious. He's just fainted.

"Eunhyuk!" Erika yells and runs across the room to him, suddenly reacting. She stops in front of him and catches his limp body just as it falls forward.

She keeps one arm around his waist and lifts the other to check his forehead. Her face looks worried when her hand leaves his skin.

"He's still got a fever. The pills weren't given enough time to kick in and when stress took over, he just lost consciousness." She says and turns to look at me, disapointment on her face. "What did you do to him?"

Wait. What did I do to him? The bastard verbally and physically attacked me and then ended over ten years of friendship in a period of five minutes. I didn't do anything.

"What? I di-" I start but I'm cut off when Sungmin drops my arms from behind my back and starts pushing me out the door.

"Come one. Let's go. You can sleep on the floor tonight and Ryeowook will switch spots with you. Right now, Eunhyuk needs to sleep." He says.

I don't even get a chance to reply to Erika.

But as I leave the room I hear her sigh and say "Help me move him to the bed and lie him down." to the rest of the guys.

I know I've screwed up.

Big time.