Persuasion

An Unexpected Destination

                                                                              {Maura's POV}

 

I examine the notes and the pictures on the blog site again and again. Eunhyuk really didn't write down much that's worthwhile. Except this camera thing. But does it really matter what kind of camera you have? I mean, Jessie's does look like some sort of Barbie Doll camera... You know, the ones that you buy for kids that are pink all over and don't actually take pictures? Yeah. Those. But she was scrolling through pictures on it so it must be of some use. But in the picture on the internet... Everything is too clear... And it's a moving picture. I can even see the words on the coffee can in Erika's hands as she walks over to the counter. It's like some pro photographer with expensive equipment took it or something.

But that can't exactly rule Jessie out. I'm sure that she has a lot of things I don't know about. Maybe she even has some things that aren't pink? Pshh. As if. But if it's not Jess, than who could it be? There aren't really many people in this town and I haven't noticed any strange visiters. The only person visiting that I've noticed so far is Jace. And what the hell would he want with the boys? Definitely doesn't seem like it. But what about...

No. It couldn't be.

But she's acting like she's hiding something!

But she wouldn't do that. She's in the picture for God's sake!

What if she hired something? What if she hired Jace? What if that's their big secret?

No... Why the hell would she want to take pictures of them? What would she get out of it?

"What are you still doing up? It's like... 1 in the morning." I look, startled, to see Yesung-oppa walking into the kitchen wiping the sleep from his eyes. He's wearing a pair of Erika's Dad's old sweat pants and one of his old college sweaters. His hair is ruffled and his eyes are half closed. God... He just looks so adorable!

I smile at him and motion for him to sit next to me and he does. He looks over at the laptop sitting in front of me to see the stalker's blog page open. "I'm analyzing our observations." I sigh.

"Hmmm..." He reads over the list written in the notepad. "Doesn't seem very detailed... The fact that she likes the color pink a lot doesn't exactly help us, now does it?"

"Well, no. But he has a point about the camera. Besides, I don't even think Jessie knows how to use a camera very well. She's not exactly technically inclined. You saw her spend 5 minutes just trying to find the 'off ' button." I say, massaging my temples. This is just so frustrating. But I'm Maura! I can't just give up!

"Well then, if you don't think it's her, then who could it be?" He asks, staring at me curiously. I blush for some reason and look down, feeling embarassed because of the way he looks me right in the eyes. But it's a normal reaction nowadays. I've gotten used to it.

"Well... I don't know. I mean, I had this one idea but it couldn't be... Have you seen anyone suspicious?" I ask, fiddling with my hands.

"No. Who else is it that you suspected?" Damn, I was trying to avoid answering that. Can't he tell?!

"Well, it's not that I suspect said person. It was just a thought..." I respond, once again trying to avoid the topic. "It's really nothing."

"Yes, but it could turn out to be something. Anything is something at this point. We don't exactly have many leads."

"But oppa, there's no way!" I exclaim.

"No way that...?"

"No way that... said person would do such a thing!"

"Why not?"

"Well, she doesn't exactly have any motives to take pictures of you guys and then post them on some blog!"

"Why wouldn't she want to take pictures of us? I mean, we are amazingly attractive."

"There's no point! She sees you every day! She lives in this house! So why would she-" I shut up and cover my mouth, realizing what I've just said. I sneak a peek at Yesung-oppa sitting next to me and he looks back at me curiously. He raises his eyebrows at me and I look away.

"So... You think that Erika could be the one?" He confirms.

"No!" I remove my hands from my mouth. "Weren't you listening? I don't think that it could be her!"

"But you the thought did come to mind."

"Yeah, but oppa, it doesn't make sense." I argue.

"You're right, it doesn't. But it wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?"

My jaw drops. "Ask?! You can't just ask someone if they're your creepy stalker!"

He smiles at me mischeiviously. "Then what do you suggest?"

"Well, as not to raise suspicion, we have to go about it really subtly. We're going to have to go through her stuff to see if we can find any proof which shouldn't be hard since we live in the same house. But we need to distract her. And we have to put everything back in the same spot we found it in so that she'll never know." I explain.

"Well, that's almost as creepy as watching someone for hours through a kitchen window. But I don't think you could do it." He smiles at me again. I seriously want to wipe than annoying grin off his face. How dare he mock me? I'm Maura.

"Couldn't do it? Of course I could! I can do anything! And I'm especially amazing at pulling off creepy tasks! They're my specialty!" I shriek, glaring at him.

"Could not." He humphs and crosses his arms.

"Could too!" I insist.

"Could not."

"Could to."

"Fine. So when are you going to do it?" He asks.

"I'll do it tomorrow when she's not around! It'll be a piece of cake!" I reply.

"Fine." He says, still grinning.

"Fine." I growl.

"Now go to bed. You'll need all your strength to pull this off. If you even can."

"Fine. I will. And tomorrow, I'll tranform into The Shadow. Can't see me, can't hear me, won't even know I'm there. It'll be like I was never in her room."

"The Shadow?" He an eyebrow, amused.

"It's my spy name." I say, getting up and leaving the room.

"Good night!" He calls after me.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I mumble while heading up the stairs to my room.

 

                                                                                   {Yesung's POV}

Kekeke. What a naive girl. So easily persuaded. I mean, I don't actually expect the culprit to be Erika.

But it's worth a shot.