Blood and CD's

An Unexpected Destination

                                                                     {Yesung's POV}

 

I hear Maura gasp. "Ow!" she shrieks.

I look over to see that while picking the pieces of the vase up from the floor, she's cut her palm.

I rush over and grab her hand. "Are you alright?!"

From up close I can see that the cut is not too bad. It won't scar or anything but it's bleeding pretty bad. I look around for anything to press against the wound to get it to stop bleeding.

"It's fine, really. I don't know why Erika makes me do these things. I always get hurt." she says. I almost laugh at her. Of course Erika's just trying to get Maura to help out and actually learn how to cook and clean but this girl just seems dead-set against it. Every time she's told to help with these kind of things, she seems to do it wrong.

"We need to stop the bleeding," I say. "Then we need to wash it and bandage it. It could get infected if we don't."

Maura looks at me as if I've just said something completely horrifying. "You're right! And if it gets infected, it could spread! And then I could die! I don't want to die!"

I laugh at her cluelessness. "Well, I wouldn't go that far. Don't worry, you'll be fine.''

I grab her other hand and lead her in to the kitchen. I look around for something to cover it with. My eyes come upon a dark cloth. It take it and wrap it over the wound, putting pressure on it, attempting to stop the bleeding.

Eventually, when it's almost stopped bleeding, I lead her over to the sink and turn on the tap, forcing her hand under the steady stream of warm water.

"Ow!" she exclaims and tries to pull her hand back. But I keep it in place.

"We have to clean it,"  I say. "...Or else it could get infected and you could die." I add on.

"But, it hurts..." she mumbles.

"You want to die?!"

"No! No! I want to liiiiiiive!" she yells back.

For the next couple of minutes we stand there, me holding he hand under the water while she bites her lip and tries not to move it away.

Suddenly, I notice how close we're standing. Our hips are even touching. The rest of our bodies barely a centimetre apart. My face immediatly flushes and I drop her hand, jumping back, a good three feet or so away from her now.

She turns to watch me and her face is shocked for a second. I wonder if I've hurt her feelings by moving away from her. But then her expression changes to something like... Realization?

"Oh! It's clean now, right? So I'm not going to die! Wow, thanks oppa!" she exclaims and moves over to try to hug me but I avoid her.

"Uh, ha ha. Not exactly..." I say slowly. "We need to bandage it now. D-do you know where the bandages are?"

She thinks hard for a second. "Nope," she says. "Erika always bandages my cuts. I think she told me where they were once but I can't remember anymore."

I start rummaging through drawers but I can't find any. I look in to the living room for Sungmin or Ryeowook, wanting their help to find them but they've mysteriously disapeared. Probably to go check on Eunhyuk.

I sigh. "I guess we'll just have to wait until Erika get's back and ask her." I say.

"But... But what if I'm dead by then?!" she screams in horror.

I laugh at her and she looks confused. "Don't worry. I think you'll survive. I've done the best I can. You'll just have to pull through."

She shrugs, indicating that that's a good enough answer for her. " 'Kay."

We go in to the living room and sit down to watch some TV. I make sure to tell her not to touch anything with that hand, but she catches herself doing it every minute or so. When I scold her gently, she just turns to me and smiles apologetically in that cute way she does.

I'm not really focused on the TV, actually. It's in english so I can't understand it. I'm mostly paying attention to Maura. The way she laughs openly when something appears funny and gapes at the television screen when she's in disbelief at what's happening in the show. It makes me smile. I love her pesonality.

I notice a ringlet that falls from behind her ear. It gets in her face and she looks up at it, annoyed. But she doesn't lift her hand to move it away. Instead, she just looks at it and tried blowing on it to make it disapear. Of couse this doesn't work and it just keeps on falling back on her forehead, annoying her even more. She finally let's out of sound of frustration, making me chuckle.

She looks at me in disbelief as if saying "Does my frustration amuse you?!"

I reach out my hand towards her forehead. But then I catch myself. I can't touch her. What if it makes her uncomfortable?

But I want to move that curl away from her face. So my hand keeps moving closer and closer to tuck the stray ringlet behind her ear.

When I do, she looks up at me, blushing and then quickly looks down at her hands. Did I make a mistake? I knew I shouldn't have done that! Now she thinks I'm strange!

"I-" I start.

But don't get to finish when I hear loud footsteps coming down the stairs. I look behind me to see a distraught looking Eunhuk standing there, looking around.

He's followed down the stairs by Sungmin and Ryeowook. "Hyung!" Ryeowook says. "Get back to bed! You're sick!"

"I-" Eunhyuk begins, looking around and then stares at me, confused. "Where's Erika?"

 

                                                                          {Donghae's POV}

 

"You know! 'Cause I can't stop thinking 'bout you girl'" I sing. I even do the dance moves.

But it only makes Erika laugh harder.

"You really don't know it?!" she shakes her head, tears forming in her eyes from laughing so hard. "Well, you'll definetly know this one!" I put my hands together and starts bobbing my shoulder up and down. "'Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. Naega, naega, naega meonjeo. Nege, nege, nege paajyeo...' You've really never heard of us?!" She's bent over laughing now.

She pauses in her laughter for a few seconds to say "No! I've really never heard of Super Junior!"

How can she not have heard of us? We're pretty much the most popular band in Korea!

I just shove my hands in my sweater pockets and slump my shoulders, defeated. I continue walking ahead and once she's finally done laughing, she has to run to catch up.

"Awwww, why are you so upset, Donghae-shi? I live in a small town! I hadn't even heard of Justin Bieber until, like, two months ago! Maura's Mom sent her a picture of him and his CD and in her letter she wrote 'Maura, this is the man I want you to marry. I expect Bieber-babies.'"

This makes me laugh and before I know it, we're both literally on the ground, holding our stomachs because we're laughing so hard. "Yeah, well at least we're good at what we do! Justin Bieber can't even compare!" I manage to choke out.

"I disagree! He's a great singer!" she exclaims and I just start laughing harder.

Eventually we calm down and I stand up, helping her up, too. Thank God nobody is outside watching us.

We continue walking up the small street until we reach a small store called Ziggy's. When we get inside, I can see that who I suppose to be Ziggy is tall, thin, old man with snow white hair. He seems a little unfocused but smiles at us welcomingly when we walk in.

Erika greets him warmly in English. "Hi, Ziggy. How are you?"

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old. By the way! We just got those inking pens in that you ordered for Maura. I've got them right here... Somewhere." He bends over behind the counter, searching for something. When he finally stands up, he lays something out in front of us. I can't understand the words because they're in English but I can see a picture of a pen on the little metal case.

"Perfect!" Erika smiles happily at him. "Would you mind holding them here for a few minutes? We're just going to pick out some food and we'll be right back."

"Sure. You and your little boyfriend have fun."

Whatever he says makes her blush and she turns quickly on her heel, heading toward a row of shelves. I follow behind her.

"What's wrong? You okay?" I ask, worried.

"It's okay! Really! Ziggy's just joking around, is all." I shrug and just let it drop. She obviously doesn't want to tell me what he said.

We go through each aisle slowly. I point out all of our favorite foods and she points out which ones she and Maura like, putting everything in the cart.

At one point, we come upon a shelf full of CD's, including Justin Bieber's new album, which of course brings on another round of laughter. I love it when she laughs. Her smile is so bright and gorgeous. All I can seem to do it stare.

I browse through the shelves of CD's and come upon a familiar word. 'Foreign'.

I look the the mass of CD's. There are Spanish albums, French albums, German albums, Italian album, Japanese abums, Indian albums, Chinese albums... I finally come across what I'm looking for.

"I found it!" I pull out a Super Junior album. Granted, it's 'Sorry, Sorry', not our latest, 'Bonamana'. "This is our album! See! Super Junior! That's me!" I look at her truimphantly, pointing myself out on the cover.

She examines the CD interestedly. "Wow. So you weren't kidding."

She quickly snatches it from my hands and adds it to the cart.

 203-sorrysorry-7m6y.jpg

 

                                                                              {Erika's POV}

 

Eventually, the cart is full and I can barely push it any longer. I look over at Donghae who is examining a pack of hot dogs. It makes me smile. I'm having a lot of fun, to my surprise. He's starting to grow on me.

"Eunhyuk really likes these..." he says to me so I tell him to add them to the cart.

We're heading toward the cash register when I feel my cell phone start to vibrate. I pull it out of my pocket and put it up to my ear.

"Erika. Really! It's Super Junior! How do you know them?! You have to let me meet them! I even know Siwon! Seriously, I do! Tell them that right now! Tell them that I know Siwon! Tell them, Er-"

"Goodbye, Jessie." I cut her off hang up the phone. It starts to vibrate again a second later but I just decline the call.

I love Jess and all but she seems to be making the boys uncomfortable. And she doesn't seem to understand her boundaries regarding them. The first thing she did when she saw them was try to grab them. I don't think they need a fan girl right now.

"Was that that girl from this morning?" Donghae asks curiously.

I nod my consent and we both start unloading the food out of the grocert cart, on to the counter. It's a lot more food than I usually buy but I find myself excited at the thought of cooking for more people then Maura for once. I guess I'm getting a little lonely.

"Wow. Does your boyfriend usually eat this much? Or are you getting ready to feed an army?" Ziggy asks while bagging the items.

"Something like that." I reply and smile to myself.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to make one thing clear, I do not have anything against Justin Bieber or his music. So I'm sorry if it offends any Beliebers out there. :)