Sleep Talking

An Unexpected Destination

                                                                                     {Eunhyuk's POV}

 

I walk into Erika's room quietly as not to disturb her. As I near her bed I can see that she's sleeping peacefully, curled up in a ball with no blankets or sheets covering her. She's going to catch a cold like that! I lean down to pull her blanket over her but I immediately get a better idea. What could be better to warm somebody up than another person? So I drop the black comforter in my hands and lay next to her, curling myself around her small body. I hold my breath when she stirs... And breath out when she doesn't wake up and just continues to sleep.

Technically, I shouldn't be here. She made it clear last night that she wanted me to leave her alone for a while. But it's morning and I haven't been able to sleep all night! So I decided to come in here and see if she's okay. That's what any good guy would do, right? And besides, she's going to need to wake up eventually. Not now because it's only 6:00 AM but eventually. I've decided to take her on a date today. I mean, despite the fact that I'm head over heels for her, I don't actually know that much about her.

I've even created a list of questions in my head. I had a lot of time to think it over since I haven't slept all night; Does she work? She must if she can afford this house. Where does she work? Does she have any siblings? Is her Father one of thoses over-protective parents who always hates his daughter's boyfriend? That reminds me, I need to clarify that whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. Maybe I should buy her something? Like a ring or a necklace. That's usually what a good boyfriend would do. And I have to be the best boyfriend. If she wants me, that is.

But, oh . What about breaking it to Donghae? It would probably hurt his feelings. Then who would sleep with me at night? Gah. There has to be some... Less painful way to break it to him!

My thoughts are cut off when I feel Erika stir in her sleep beside me. I look down to see an expression of confusion and frustration on her face. I hear her mumble something to herself. "Do... Hae..." What? Is she talking in English? She must be because that makes no sense. Then I hear her mumble something else; "...Hyukjae..." I feel blood rush to my face and my heart starts beating rapidly in my chest, so fast that it hurts. My lips curve into my famous gummy smile and I nuzzle my face into her shoulder causing her to stir again.

That's when I do something daring.

I pull her closer, tightening my grip around her waist and brush my lips against her ear causing her to shudder in her sleep. "Yes?" I whisper. Her eyes fly open immediately and she tries to sit up in her confusion but finds that she can't since my arms are still around her, holding her close. She looks around trying to find what is holding her down and she finally comes across me, lying right next to her. I smile and her and chuckle. Her face is relieved as she stops struggling against my arms and she lays her head back against the pillow, now facing me, breathing hard.

"You scared me!" She whispers hoarsly. I laugh even harder and kiss her cheek, making her blush.

"I'm sorry. You were talking in your sleep and I felt like I should respond." I whisper back when I'm able to control my laughter.

"Talking? I don't usually talk in my sleep... What was I saying?" She asks me. I feel myself blush dark red and I look down, all the humor in the situation evaporating immediately. Do I really have to answer that question? "Hyukjae?" She asks me expectantly.

"Nothing..." I murmur, hiding my face in her shoulder. She pushes me away, wanting an answer.

"But I want to know." She pouts. God damn it, how am I supposed to resist that face? I look down once again and blush an even darker shade of red.

"You said something... In English I think... And then you.. Said... M-my... Name..." I stutter. I move my face back to her shoulder, trying to hide my embarassment. I feel her body tense in my arms and I hear her laugh breathily, obviously embarassed too. Maybe I shouldn't have told her? But it does make me really happy.

"Oh..." Is all she manages to say in her embarassment. We both lay there unmoving for a few minutes but she eventually tries to free herself to get up. I look up immediately in confusion. "I have to go make breakfast..." She murmurs, her cheeks still bright red. I chuckle, having momentarily gotten over my embarassment.

"No you don't. It's 6:30. Nobody's getting up any time soon." I tell her.

"But-" I cut her off by pressing my mouth against hers. She's surprised at first and actually tries to jump away, something she's never done when I've kissed her, but I don't let her go and after a few seconds she's kissing me back.

My hands explore different areas of her body; her soft cheeks, her small shoulders, her waist, her hips. I try not to touch anywhere that would make her uncomfortable, knowing my boudaries. But eventually she pushes me away gently, indicating that the moment is over. I notice that she can't seem to look me in the face but I don't think much of it. She's probably just still embarassed.

I lay back down and she lays back against me, burrying her face in my chest. For the next hour or so we just stay like that. I pass the time by her hair, her shoulder, her side. But she doesn't move the whole time. It makes me a little sad. I want her to look at me, not avoid me. She can't be that embarassed. Doesn't she understand that it made me happy?

I get tired of her hiding her face so I place two fingers under her chin and lift it so that she's looking at me. She opens her blue green eyes wide but thankfully doesn't look down. I kiss her once, gently, but don't ask for more. Then I finally break the silence. "Let's go somewhere today." She scrunches her eyebrows together cutely, making me smile.

"Where?" She wonders.

"Hmmm... Anywhere you want." I reply.

"So... Like a date?" She asks timidly.

"Exactly."

She smiles warmly and I feel a sense of accomplishment for finally getting her to smile. "I'd love to." She says.

I kiss her again but once again, not for long because she actually has to get up this time. I can hear the sound of people moving around downstairs. I guess it's Sungmin and Ryeowook because it sounds like it's coming from the living room. She walks out of the room and I follow a couple minutes later as not to cause any more suspicion.

I look around to see if anyones in the hallway but it's empty and the door to my and Donghae's shared room is still closed shut. So I walk down the stairs confidently, ready for the potentially amazing day ahead of me.

Now I just have to figure out where to go...

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, what do you guys think would be romantic for Erika and Hyukkie's first date? ^^