Sorry, Sorry

An Unexpected Destination

                                                                               {Terry-Ann's POV}

 

What the hell happened to Donghae's eye?! It's bruised!

Who gave him that black eye? Was it the ginger? Or the brunette? It had to have been one of them! Who else would even think of laying a hand on my poor, sweet, darling Donghae?!

He's even limping!!!!

Now I really have to think of a way to save them. I've been in my room for days (taking hourly breaks to come check on the boys, of course) and I still can't come up with a single plan. What the hell is wrong with me? This is urgent!

I see Donghae trailing behind the fair haired girl as if being pulled by an imaginary leash. He looks like a lost puppy. One who's just been kicked. By that !!

I see him bow to her, numerous times, as if apologizing to her or something. But she just regards him coldly. How can she do that? This is obviously her fault! Why is Donghae apologizing?!

Back to plan A. Poison can't be that hard to attain!

 

                                                                              {Donghae's POV}

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry! Really!" I apologize and bow at a perfect 90 degree angle for what seems like the millionth time this morning.

It's only our second day here and it seems I've already messed things up. Well, Eunhyuk has.

Erika stops stirring Eunhyuk's soup- I can't believe she's actually making food for that bastard- and looks at me, a cold expression on her face. I've been doing this all morning but she just won't seem to crack. Usually people accept my apologies right away after a little bit of cute pleading. I'm not used to this.

"Would you just leave me alone? I'm not mad okay!" she practically yells.

Not mad? Yeah, right.

"You obviously are." I reply, trying not to sound like a smart at the same time because I don't want her even madder at me.

"No I'm not!" She throws the ladel she's holding on to the counter, creating a loud noise. She's outright screaming now.

All of a sudden Maura rushes in to the kitchen followed by an unsettled looking Yesung-hyung. That guys been following her around everywhere since yesterday. Can you say obvious? Because Maura sure can't.

"Yah! What's wrong, Erika?" Maura asks, grabbing for her hand. "Why are you mad?"

Erika moves her hand out of reach, earning her a a hurt look from Maura. "I'm not mad. Simply annoyed," She turns to me. "Stop following me around."

"I'm sorry!" I exclaim, going for my best cute face. But she just sighs and continues stirring the soup.

"Yah, Donghae-ah. Let's go for a walk." I hear Yesung-hyung suggest from behind me.

I turn to face him. "But it's snowing again..." I start but quickly shut up when I see his expression. In it I can see no room for refusal. "Okay..."

I follow him out of the kitchen and in to the front hall where we put on our shoes and sweaters.

Once we finally get outside, we walk along the road for a while, not stopping, him a couple metres in front while I trail behind. I see few people outside but the ones I do see all smile at me and say 'hello' kindly but I try not to engage in further conversation considering I can't actually speak their language.

The atmosphere is akward. I don't know why hyung brought me out here if he's not even going to say anything. I have better things to do. Like apologize. Again. But, hey. What else can I do?

"Hyung..." I start nervously. "What's wrong?"

He stops in his tracks and turns to face me. I expect him to look mad but he just looks confused. Why is he confused? I know this has to have something to do with the fight last night. Why else would he have brought me out here. I know he has something to say to me.

"What happened last night?" He asks in a surprisingly calm voice.

"Huh?" I ask, not confused at the question but at the lack of rage. Yesung-hyung usually gets mad in these kind of situations.

"What happened? You two are best friends. Eunhyuk can deny it as much as he wants, but you're still best friends. It doesn't make sense for you guys to have had such a bad fight. What were you guys fighting for?"

"Hyung, never mind. It was no-"

"Tell me."

Fine.

"I swear it wasn't me, hyung!" I yell. "I was just going to find my cards and Eunhyuk-shi came in to the room and slammed the door. He looked so mad but I didn't know why! So I asked him what was wrong! And then he attacked me! Really!" I exclaim, leaving out details of the fight, not wanting Yesung to think that we're childish.

"And... What exactly was wrong with him?" he asks.

"I don't know... He... Never, um... Said..." I lie. But I'm a terrible liar.

"Yah, Donghae-ah! Don't lie to me! Why was he mad? Is it about Erika?" Bingo. "You two are so obvious!"

"I wouldn't be talking if I were you." I cheekily say back.

But he just shakes it off and says "So that's why he was mad? Because you two like the same girl? Donghae, that's childish."

"I know! But I was really just trying to talk it out or something with him and he just attacked me! So I fought back, of course! What would you have done?" I yell. I can feel tears threatening to fall. This is childish. I want to be Eunhyuk's friend again. But I also don't want to give up on Erika.

"Hyung, I know," I repeat, tears now rolling down my cheeks. "But now Eunhyuk and I aren't friends any more according to him and Erika hates me while she's making soup for him. I just don't understand."

"Ah, Donghae-ah don't cry," He comforts me while throwing an arm around my shoulder and we start walking back in the direction of the house. "I'm sure Eunhyuk will get over it and Erika will forgive you. But you've got some explaining to do. To Erika, that is."

"Hyung, you know I can't do that. That would be like... Confessing."

"Exactly."

"Well, then while we're on the topic of confessions, why don't you go first? As if everyone hasn't noticed your obvious crush. Except Maura of course."

He playfully wacks me on the back of the head. "I don't have a crush you fool." I can see his cheeks flush red.

"Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night, hyung." I say, loving it when he laughs nervously and then gives in.

"Fine. I may have a small crush. But can you blame me? She's adorable." He finally admits and then we both laugh, enjoying the precious hyung-dongsaeng moment. I'm glad to have finally had someone listen to me about the fight and accept my explanation.

Next up is Erika. But that may take me a while to work up to.

We finally reach the house, back from our walk. Yesung rushes in ahead of me, no doubt going to look for Maura. I take my time at the door, removing each shoe slowly and then taking off my sweater, hanging it up on the coat rack.

And then Erika walks by, tray in hand. She's carrying Eunhyuk's soup to him.

"I'm sorry!" I immediatly react.

This pulls a sigh out of her. "I get it, okay?" She says annoyedly.

"But you really don't understand what happened."

"Then what happened?"

"I... I can't tell you right now..." I stutter.

"Psh. Whatever. I'll tell you what happened," She starts. "You decided it would be a great idea to attack a poor, sick boy who could barely even walk. I mean, what's wrong with you? Couldn't you clearly see that he wasn't well? And now he's bruised everywhere and can barely stand. I don't care what your reason was, you shouldn't have done that! There's no reason to jump an ill person!" She yells at me.

"That not what hap-" I try to finish my sentence but she doesn't want to hear it. She quickly walks away up the stairs.

I sigh for what feels like the millionth time today and feel tears spring to my eyes once again.

It hurts. It hurts to know that she won't hear my explanation. It hurts to know that she's choosing Eunhyuk over me right now, even after we'd gotten along so well yesterday, become friends even.

Now I'm crying, of course. Because I'm just Lee Donghae of Super Junior. The cry baby. The one who can't even get a girl to notice him and see his feelings for her. At least not the one he wants.

I stand there, leaning against the wall, crying. I want to sob but I know that if I do, someone will notice me.

But it's too late.

I feel a hand on my arm and look up, wiping my tears furiously, to see Maura standing there, Yesung behind her, of course. "Donghae-shi, are you okay?" She asks.

I try and smile. At least Maura isn't mad at me. She's looked so scared last night, I thought she hated me. "I'm fine." I say.

"Don't worry, Yesung-oppa told me all about it. You're not the first guy to have a crush on Mom." She smiles.

I look up at hyung, exasperated, my mouth hanging wide open. "Hyung! How could you?"

Why would he tell her?

And why does she keep calling Erika 'Mom'?!

"Sorry, Donghae-ah. She made me tell her." He smiles at me apologetically.

I sigh, once again.

"I'm sure that if you apologize a few more times, she'll forgive you. But I wouldn't really know. I've never really made Erika that mad. But there was one guys who did once! Oh... I haven't seen him in a long time... I think she got really angry at him and told him never to appear in her line of sight ever again... I haven't seen Devon since two years ago..." She trails off, now looking at her feet. "Oh! But I'm sure that won't happen to you!" She reassures me, realizing what she's just said.

I chuckle quietly and reach out to ruffle her hair, earning myself a jealous glare from my hyung. "Okaaaaaay. Thank you Mauraaa." I say in a cute voice and even bend down to kiss her cheek appreciatively. Her face immediatly goes bright red and she jumps back, startled, in to Yesung who puts a hand on each of her arms possessively and yells at me.

"Yah! Lee Donghae!" But I just ignore him and start skipping up the stairs, a smile on my face. "Wai- Don't walk away from me!"

This is just too enjoyable, of course, so I turn around and add fuel to the fire.

I curve my arms above my head, forming a heart and say "Maura, saranghae!" and the skip off, chuckling to my self.

I hear Yesung yell after me. "YAH!" But he doesn't follow me so I continue down the hall to my temporary room...

And then pause at the door, remembering that it's not my room anymore.

But I hear voices from inside and my curiosity takes over. I open the door a bit and peek in through the crack.

"Erika-shi, sorry sorry sorry sorry." I see Eunhyuk apologize while rubbing his hands together cutely, immitating our dance. What an . His aegyo disgusts me.

I can now see Erika's face, so cold a few minutes ago, soften in to a smile as she looks down and him and brushes his bangs out of his eyes with her hand. I feel anger boiling inside of me.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. You didn't want to fight." She says.

"Aha, yeah... That's right. It was all... Donghae's fault." He laughs.

WHAT? That bastard! How can he lie outright like that?

I see him open his mouth obediantly as Erika brings a spoonful of soup near his lips. What? He doesn't even have arms now? As if.

"But I still feel bad. Donghae's not usually so aggressive. I don't know what go in to him! But I was just defending myself. He didn't even have a reason for attacking me!" He lies some more. Now I want to punch him all over again.

"I'm sure, considering Donghae-shi's personality, that he had a reason. But that's no reason to attack you while you're sick." She says soothingly. How long is this going to go on for?

It's silent for a while as she feeds him his soup but then I see Eunhyuk reach out....

And grab one of her small hands in both of his.

"Erika, I have something to tell you." Oh no. I know what's coming. How can he do this to me? After all we've been through?

"W-what is it, Eu-Eunhyuk-shi?" She stutters, face red.

"You know, ever since we got here, I've thought that you're very kind and sweet. And pretty, of course," She blushes harder. "And I know it's only been a couple of days but I really need to tell you this.

"Erika, I li-" But he's cut off by the sound of the door slamming open.

I don't even notice I've done it until they both turn to stare at me. Why am I doing this anyway? I'm just making a fool of myself.

But I'm so angry. I just can't help myself.

I look Eunhyuk in the eyes, disgust clearly displayed on my face, and then turn to face Erika.

"You can't listen to him. He's lying. I'll tell you the truth, because..." I say, surpised at how calm my voice sounds.

"Because I like you, Erika."

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a couple days (especially to Azn_Owl :P) I've just been so busy.

Anyway, how do you like the chapter? :)