Bad Dream

An Unexpected Destination

                                                                                      {Donghae’s  POV}

 

In the end, we all decide to play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to sleep where. Eunhyuk and I win and we decide to sleep in the spare bedroom. Even though there is only one double bed that we have to share, it still seems like the most comfortable option. Yesung-hyung is sleeping on a couch on the den in the den (everyone is thankful when he opts to sleep by himself because we all know that he is still in a bad mood and don’t want to be hit any more than we already have been), Sungmin is sleeping on the couch in the living area and poor Ryeowook has to sleep on the floor next to the him. Well, isn’t that the glory of being the maknae; always drawing the short straw?

So I’m lying here in bed, Eunhyuk breathing steadily next to me, and I can’t even sleep. I’m exhausted but I just can’t seem to close my eyes. I suppose it’s partly because of the time change and partly because I just can’t seem to stop thinking about her.

I mean, it’s great that we landed in a house with two girls who can speak fluent Korean, but why does she have to be so damn pretty and kind? I can barely look her in the eyes, I’m so embarrassed.  If we had met under any other circumstances, I would have been a thousand times happier. I feel like a beggar, god dammit. Just showing up at her door at 1:00 in the morning, asking for food, clothes and shelter. You’d think I had more pride. I’m Lee Donghae of Super Junior, for God’s sake. I should not have to go through this kind of situation. At least not with a pretty girl involved. It should have been some 40 year old balding man with nothing else to do with his life but watch TV and drink beer. But it just had to be the cutest girl I’d ever seen who opened that door.

I didn’t even think I liked white girls. It’s always been Eunhyuk who liked them. He even chose Emma Watson as his ideal type.

Speaking of Eunhyuk, has he noticed her, too? I wonder if he likes her. I haven’t really noticed the other member’s reactions to Erika and Maura since we got here. Except Ryeowook’s reaction when Maura ran up and just stated pinching his cheeks and ruffling his hair like he was some little child. I think he’ll be avoiding her for the remainder of our stay.

How long will we be staying, anyway? I hope we can leave soon. I just want to get out of here and leave the past events behind me. Spare myself from further embarrassment.

I look at the clock on the table beside the bed. It reads 2:43am. I need to sleep or else I’ll have no energy to leave this place in the morning.

I close my eyes and relax as best I can, trying to clear my mind of any more annoying thoughts. Eventually, I feel my mind and body slowly start to give way to sleep. Just as I’m about to drift in to a sweet dream land, I see Erika’s pale face in my mind. Good night.

 

                                                                                  {Eunhyuk’s POV} 

 

"Honey! What do you want for breakfast?" I hear a high, sing-songy voice call.

I smile to myself and turn around in my seat at the kitchen table. Standing there in an apron, spatula prepared to make anything I ask for, is my gorgeous girlfriend. Erika.

She looks especially cute this morning. Her hair is pulled back in a loose bun, a few curls spilling out at the front. Her lips are parted, revealing her teeth as she smiles lovingly at me and her eyes twinkle. Everything about her is just so lovely and sweet!

"Anything you make for me will be delicious, I'm sure. Surprise me!" I reply.

She giggles happily and my compliment and blows me a cute kiss. I pretend to catch it and put it in my shirt pocket, as if I will treasure it forever.

She turns away from me and starts to look through the fridge, all the while humming a sweet tune under her breath. She finally pulls out ingredients for all my favorite foods. She's so attentive!

I hear eggs being cracked, food crackling in a frying pan and the sound of vegetable being chopped. In what seems like a matter of seconds, she lays a feats out in front of me. I can see all kinds of foods; Korean food, Japanese food, Indian food, etc. What should I eat first?

I finally decide to start with the Beijing Fried Rice. I grab the large plate and start scooping some on to my plate. As much as I want because I don't have to share any with 12 other guys. It's just me and my Honey now. And she cooks only for me.

I start shoveling mouthfuls of food in to my mouth. It's the most delicious meal I've ever had. There are so many combinations of flavor. Sweet, salty, spicy, bitter. But it all seems to go together perfectly! Of course I expect nothing less of my Erika.

I look up from my plate eventually to just see her standing there, smiling at my happily, her hands folded on top of her stomach. "Aren't you going to eat?" I ask through a large mouthful of food. But of couse she doesn't mind my bad manners and just giggles. She's so perfect.

"Of course not!" she laughs. "I made all this food for my Hyukkie! Why would I steal any of it from him? That would just be mean!"

"But that's not fair!" I retort. "You have to eat too! Here!" I hold out a fork full of rice, trying to feed her. But she just waves her hands in front of it, declining my offer.

"Well, if you won't eat it, then what are you gonna do?" I ask.

"I'm perfectly happy just watching you eat, Hyukjae."

Woah! How does she know my real name? Regardless, I'm happy to be called it by her.

I reach my arms out and snake them around her waist, pulling her to me. She lets out a little noise of surprise but doesn't resist me. She ends up giggling as I pulled her closer. She can be so cute.

Now her smiling face is only a few inches from mine, slowly getting closer. Out lips are about to meet. The suspense is killing me. Her lips are litterally a millimetre off...

Then I hear a noise to my right. Erika turns her face away from mine to look at the unwanted guest and smiles welcomingly. "Hi, Maura!"

My hands drop from around Erika's waist and I look to see Maura, who has just pulled up a chair, sitting beside me, shoveling food on to her plate.

"Wait. I though you said that was my food. Why is she eating my food?" I exclaim. But Erika just smiles at me again.

"It's Maura silly! She can do whatever she wants!"

"Uh-huh." Maura agrees, still full of food. I look at her disgustedly. Who is she to interrupt my good morning and eat food that was especially made for me?!

She seems to notice me glaring at her and turns to look at me. Her eyes get all round and glazed over again. Oh, no.

She looks at me and then lunges forward out of her chair.

She grabs my cheeks and starts pinching them so hard it hurts. She then says to me in a high pitched voice; "You are so cute."

 

I wake up in cold sweat, breathing hard. For some reason, my cheeks hurt as if they've actually been pinched.

What a strange dream.

I look up to see Donghae who's already up, dressed in the clothes that Maura had given him last night. "Breakfast's ready." he says as he heads out the door.

I hesitantly get out of bed and pull of a shirt. Then I head down the stairs. I can smell food and even though I'm once again starving, I'm appalled at the thought. Or maybe I'm just scared of who I might find at the kitchen table.

 

 

                                                                                        {Yesung's POV}

 

I'm the first one in the kitchen after Erika calls for breakfast. It smells delicious. What else would I expect from her?

I'm a little surprised to see Maura helping her once I enter the room.

"No, Maura. The fork goes on the left. On top of the napkin." Erika instructs.

"Yeah, yeah. I got it." Maura breaths the relpy, sounding a little annoyed. But despite her reassurance that she knew what she was doing, it seems that she doesn't know what 'left' means.

"Uhhh... Your other left." I say quietly.

She spins around to face me, an immediate smile spreading across her face. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

I'm surprised to feel my heart beat start to quicken, and my cheeks flush red. She was just so God damn pretty a peppy. Kind of made me want to hug her or ruffle her hair.

"Yeah... I slept okay." I reply.

I'm saved from answering anymore questions when a groggy looking Ryeowook and Sungmin walk in to the kitchen, followed by an embarassed looking Donghae. Maura greets them all kindly.

Upon seeing that I hadn't taken a step from the entrance of the kitchen, she skips over to me, smiling of course, and grabs my arm, leading me toward the table. My heart beat picks up again.

She stops for a second once Eunhyuk walks in. "Good morning!" she greets him happily.

He walks by her slowly and stares at her, a completely creeped out look on his face.

"What's with him?" she asks quietly.