Chapter 7

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VII Dark night and empty apartment

 

“We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all."

―  Eleanor Roosevelt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Ryeowook woke up in the middle of the night. He opened his eyelids slowly, to the view, outside the window. He noticed that the rain was falling heavily outside. He shifted in his bed a little and looked around. He dreamt that Kyuhyun stayed next to him and hold his hand. But as he looked behind, he didn’t saw Kyuhyun. He was alone in the dark room. He stood up from the bed and shivered, when hilly air touched his skin. Feet met cold floor. He went outside, to the living room. The moon shone in the room from the window. Ryeowook could hear just his moves and breath. He looked around, but Kyuhyun was nowhere to be seen. He checked the bathroom, hall, kitchen, but Kyuhyun was nowhere. He went to the sofa and sit on it, realizing that blanket and pillow was there. He assumed that Kyuhyun was sleeping here, as he gave Ryeowook his bedroom. A guilt creeps in his mind. He should give back Kyuhyun’s bed to him. He looked around, wondering where Kyuhyun is.

“Where are you?” Ryeowook mumbled, as he hugged the pillow. He felt scared in this dark apartment all by himself. He heard a pit a pat sound of the rain outside. He turned around, when he heard something different tapped the balcony window. He hugged the pillow even harder, and stood up. He carefully went to the balcony, as thunder roared outside. He closed his eyes, as he lift the curtain. Scared, he opens just one eye, then sighed in relieve, when the thing that tapped the window, turned out to be a small citrus tree, as a branch of it made this noises. He was about to turn around, when a sudden lightning, brighten the night, making Ryeowook yelp. He saw a silhouette under the street lamp, that looked at his direction, but when the lightning stopped, the figure wasn’t there anymore.

“What the?” Ryeowook said scared, as he quickly adjusted the curtain and almost ran to the sofa. He brought his legs to his chest and hugged them. He rocked himself a little, in his sit and switched the tv on. He was scared earlier, but now he was petrified. He could swear the person under the street lamp was looking at him. And it wasn’t a normal look. This someone, or something was looking at Ryeowook, as if he want to hurt him, make him feel pain.

Ryeowook quickly switched the light on in every room, and come back to watch the tv. He wondered where Kyuhyun went. It was middle of the night and Ryeowook was sure, Kyuhyun had work next day. He watched some boring move and was starting to watch a next one, when his eyelids started to felt heavy. He opened them wide. He needed to wait for Kyuhyun. He doesn’t want to be surprised if some psycho got inside Kyuhyun’s home, when he is sleeping.  He fight with his sleep, but eventually lose and drifted to a dreamland.

 

It was a early morning, when Ryeowook woke up. He sat up quickly and realized that someone putted a blanked over him. He assumed that Kyuhyun come back and called him, but no one answered him. He frowned a little. He was sure that Kyuhyun couldn’t go to work that early, and if he came back, where he is now?

“Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook had called, as he entered the bedroom, but the room was empty.  The kitchen and the living room was empty too. He went to the hall and noticed that Kyuhyun changed shoes. He ran to bathroom and enter without knocking, yet once again it was empty. He sighed and was about to went outside, when he noticed a soaked clothes in the far corner of the bathroom. Curious he went and examine the clothes. They were completely wet, probably from the rain that was still raining, yet it wasn’t what made Ryeowook wonder. He wondered why Kyuhyun was walking and where, in the rain without an umbrella. He could simply forgot, yet Ryeowook felt it wasn’t this.

He examine the soaked clothes further and almost yelped, when he saw bloody stains on them.

“What is this?” Ryeowook said. He reached hesitantly his hand and touched the red stains. The stains looked like a blood, but the consistence was little different. It was too sticky to be a blood, yet it looked exactly like a blood.

Ryeowook immediately panicked. He started to worry about Kyuhyun. What if something happen to him? Is he ok? Is he hurt? Maybe he went out to buy a pack of cigarette and someone attacked him? Maybe he is in hospital right now? Where is Kyuhyun exactly?

All these dark thoughts clouded Ryeowook’s mind, making him unable to think about anything else. He never was like that. He never cared , nor he was that scared about someone else’s safety.

He didn’t even think of his life and of the suicide, as Kyuhyun’s safety was all he cared about right now. He didn’t know why he is like that. But Ryeowook explain this, as the worry about a friend. Kyuhyun rescued him. He is helping him to stand on his own and to think something happened to this kind man was beyond his imagination. He went hurriedly to the hall, after this to the kitchen, then sat on the sofa, and once again went to the kitchen. He couldn’t find a place for himself, as worry ate him alive.

Ryeowook didn’t know who he should call. Should he went to Leeteuk’s restaurant? But he was there just once and don’t know the road that good. He went to the balcony door and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter