Chapter 26

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXVI The park’s

“A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.”

-Haruki Murakami, 1Q84

 

***

 

Sweat covered Ryeowook’s forehead, making his already damp hair cling to his skin. His eyes were closed. He was dreaming about the darkness. Ryeowook recalled the last time he had a dream like that. It was a couple of years ago. He was surrounded by darkness and the only thing he could make out was silhouette of a face, as he squinted. The face was unmoving and stoic and the eyes glowed red, brightly and piercingly. These eyes looked at him, like trying to read him, or eat him whole. On the surface, they appeared calm and friendly, but insidiously gleamed with menace. And that voice was sickeningly sweet, so sweet that it gave Ryeowook the shivers. Ryeowook was intrigued, he wanted to know who it was, but his instincts were telling him to flee.

“Ryeowook wake up.” Kyuhyun’s voice and a light pull on his arm woke Ryeowook up. His eyes opened slowly. The minimal amount of light, filtering through the window, revealed more of Kyuhyun’s face. Looking out, Ryeowook discovered it was a gloomy day, with the sky overcoming with grey clouds. He focused his attention to Kyuhyun, who looked at him concerned. “Are you alright?” Ryeowook smiled lazily and reached his hand, to pat Kyuhyun’s cheek. “Yeah, I just had a strange dream.” He whispered sleepily, then sat up on the bed when he saw Kyuhyun’s frown. “Strange dream? But you told me, you don’t have bad dreams anymore.” Kyuhyun moved a little closer to him and his concerned eyes met Ryeowook’s reassuring ones. “Not that kind of dreams. I dreamt of someone calling me. I saw eyes, so beautiful and enchanting, yet scary at the same time.” Kyuhyun’s touched his own lips, thinking of something. Immersed in his thoughts, Kyuhyun’s gaze turned unfocused, arousing  concern as Ryeowook stepped closer. His hand lightly touched the angel’s arm, making Kyuhyun look up at him. “Is everything ok?” Ryeowook asked concerned. “Yeah, but I think your dream ominous sign. That something bad is about to happen.” Kyuhyun sighed and circled his arm around Ryeowook’s shoulder, pulling the other closer. The shorter man circled his hands on the other’s waist. “Do you think that once they know I am back they will kidnap me? But I don’t want to hide anymore.” His voice quivered. “Don’t worry, you will stay here, with me. I will never let them get to you. Never again.” Kyuhyun promised, as both of them held on to each other.

 

***

 

“Are you sure Leeteuk wanted to meet with me? Me?” Ryeowook asked surprised as they were about to enter the Park’s restaur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter