Chapter 18

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

XVIII Reason behind his scars

 

"Don't count your success just on what you have, count it on how many lives you've changed from sadness to happiness, crying to laughing, falling to rising, boring to cheering, hating to loving, disgusting to embracing and above all dying soul to living soul. Then you can say I'm successful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Ryeowook woke up the warmth of familiar figure next to him and an arm lazy wrapped around his waist. He felt ticklish, yet pleasant breath on his neck. As he turned his head around, his lips curled in small smile, as he saw Kyuhyun’s sleeping face. He moved his body carefully, making sure to not wake up the angel and went face to face with Kyuhyun. His eyes roamed over Kyuhyn’s face. The angel face was relaxed; eyes closed, lips parted a little. His hair was tossed around; messy. Ryeowook reached his hand and combed them away, but hair came back down, making Ryeowook smiled more. Kyuhyun looked peaceful and without worries as he sleep. Ryeowook’s eyes landed behind Kyuhyun and he noticed that the taller man’s wing was still there, resting on the mattress. And Ryeowook knew that it wasn’t a dream at all and that Kyuhyun indeed is the angel.

“Are you going to stare at my face all day?” Kyuhyun suddenly said, with still closed eyes. Ryeowook breathed amused.

“I’m not staring. I just can’t believe this all is real.” Ryeowook said, then his eyes widen, when Kyuhyun opened his eyes, revealing his white blue eyes.

“Are you regretting that you know it?” Kyuhyun whispered, making Ryeowook wonder if he heard right, the small hesitation in angel’s voice.

“No. I’m glad you told me.” Ryeowook said snuggling to Kyuhyun’s chest, who welcomed him right away, then reached and kissed Ryeowook on the lips. They didn’t mind their morning breaths, while the warm feeling of comfort surrounded them. And when they stopped Ryeowook once again snuggled to Kyuhyun’s chest. Ryeowook was indeed glad, that he knew everything about Evil’s doing. It was strange for both of them to succumb to each other. As if kissing, hugging, was something normal- routine. They felt the spark, when they lips touched, but didn’t read much from it, as the comfort of the friend.

“I’m happy that you took it normally.” Kyuhyun murmured to himself, but Ryeowook was able to heard him.

“What you mean?” Ryeowook looked up at Kyuhyun. The angles eyes glowed with sadness, that quickly vanished, turning to happy ones. Wall of pretending.

“It’s nothing. Say, you want to wash up? We didn’t take shower yesterday.” Kyuhyun quickly changed the subject, making Ryeowook suspicious. His eyes narrowed, trying to read Kyuhyun, who quickly turned around, sitting up on the bed. “You want?” Kyuhyun faced Ryeowook with a fake smile, as he stretched hand. Ryeowook’s eyes studied him for a second, then gave up.

“Yeah.” Ryeowook took Kyuhyun’s hand in his, then the angel pulled him from the bed. Ryeowook looked dazed, as the angel’s  wing swung lightly, then hid inch by inch into Kyuhyun’s back, leaving not even a trace in the place free from scars. He wondered for a brief second why he can see just one wing, not two. But his thought got distracted, when Kyuhyun circled his arm around his arm, guiding them to the bathroom.

When they reached the bathroom, they helped each other strip. Ryeowook was little surprised that Kyuhyun was that open around him. As if something changed in the angel all of sudden, from cold man to gentle, open one. Previously the other wouldn’t even make a skin contact with him, nor the verbal one, but now it was different story.

Their dirty and bloody clothes landed to the floor, and they stepped together inside the shower.

“Come here.” Kyuhyun gently said, pulling Ryeowook by the hand. They stepped under the rising water. The lukewarm water ran down their bodies. Kyuhyun reached for the soup, then took some on his hands and Ryeowook’s and cleaned himself, while Ryeowook did the same. “I will wash your hair.” Kyuhyun said, were done cleaning themselves.

The shorter man stepped closed to Kyuhyun, then threw his head back a little, when Kyuhyun applied shampoo on his hair. Ryeowook closed his eyes, when Kyuhyun gentle hands ran over his scalp, washing his hair, massaging his head.

“Ah.” Ryeowook gasped, when Kyuhyun’s lips touched his shoulder, heated from warm water. The angel kissed, and nibbled the same spot over and over again, while still washing Ryeowook’s hair. Ryeowook had to hold onto Kyuhyun’s shoulder for support, because his legs started to feel weak. When Kyuhyun stopped his action and pushed Ryeowook onto the water to wash out the shampoo from his head, Ryeowook gripped Kyuhyun’s shoulder harder. “All clean.” Kyuhyun murmured planting a kiss on Ryeowook’s neck, then let go, when the soup and shampoo washed out from their bodies. Ryeowook was glad that Kyuhyun didn’t start doing more, because he wanted to rather cuddle with the angel right now, than have , even if the second option was really tempting. He can still remember how gentle Kyuhyun was as they slept with each other. Bathroom  action was strange from Ryeowook’s point of view. Kyuhyun never acted like that. He wondered, for a minute, what made Kyuhyun change his attitude. He acted like not himself, yet Ryeowook felt he was. As if something opened in Kyuhyun.

Ryeowook opened his eyes. His gaze landed on Kyuhyun chest, seeing the scars more clearly now in the bathroom light and when the water’s steam  lessened. His eyes went lower, to the place where Kyuhyun was stabbed yesterday and saw huge yet not bleeding wound there.

“Are you still hurt?” Ryeowook said with a concern, while touching the deep wound on Kyuhyun’s abdomen. The angel looked at the human and smiled gently. “No, it will heal after tomorrow.” He said, then reached for a towel for both of them, but Ryeowook stopped him, grabbing his arm. “It will leave a wound like this?” Ryeowook said, touching scars on Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun put his hand on Ryeowook’s.

“No, these wounds are from something else.” Kyuhyun then reached and dried them up. He chucked, when the toweled Ryeowook’s hair; making them stick in every direction.

 “Who did them?” Ryeowook asked, when Kyuhyun covered his head with the towel and both of them stepped out from the bathroom, with just small towels on their heads and big ones wrapped around their waist.

“I will answer it in a moment, but now I’m hungry.” Ryeowook nodded his head. “I will make som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter