Chapter 10

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

X Unexpected kindness

 

“The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren't the ones people see on the outside. They're the ones that make us bleed internally.” 


― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Infamous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Ryeowook woke up to the sound of water running. He yawned, assuming that Kyuhyun was taking a shower. He lazily got out of bed and out of his room. He went to the kitchen table and sat next to it, waiting for his turn in the bathroom. He was feeling better after a long sleep and Kyuhyun’s soothing words, yet not perfectly well.

A few minutes passed then the bathroom door opened. A foggy steam rushed out, revealing Kyuhyun, who was fully clothed and had a towel on his still wet hair.

“Morning.” Kyuhyun said, paddling to Ryeowook, who yawned as a greeting; giving Kyuhyun a full view of his teeth condition. Showing his new cute side of him a little. Kyuhyun smirked at the shorter man then went to the kitchen. Ryeowook felt a pang in his heart when Kyuhyun smirked at him. It was a new experience, considering the fact, that Kyuhyun was rather grumpy and stoic. But instead of thinking about it, he went to the bathroom to take a shower.

“Put some nice clothes on, we are going out today.” Kyuhyun said loudly and Ryeowook yelled back with an “Ok!”

When Ryeowook exited the bathroom, his breakfast was waiting for him, with Kyuhyun sitting opposite of his spot. Without thinking much, Ryeowook went to his food and started eating. He was happy that he will go out again. He felt a little suffocated staying in the apartment all day. And this opportunity will clear his mind from useless thoughts, and the horrifying action, that took place yesterday.

“How are you feeling?” Kyuhyun asked, eyeing Ryeowook, who looked lost in his thoughts. Ryeowook snapped his head up, looking at Kyuhyun. His eyes were sad, yet relieved.

“I’m fine somehow.” Ryeowook said, cringing at yesterday’s memories.

“Somehow?”

“Never mind.” Ryeowook looked away from Kyuhyun. He didn’t want to say that he still felt scared. That he still felt the pain or the man’s hands on him.

“As you wish.” Kyuhyun said, brushing it off. Ryeowook was grateful for this, yet he felt that Kyuhyun didn’t actually care.

They didn’t say much after this, just some small words here and there about food, Kyuhyun’s job and other useless stuff. Apparently, Kyuhyun had a day off because he finished his job too early.

When they finished eating, Kyuhyun told Ryeowook to get ready to go out.

Kyuhyun took Ryeowook to the nearest park. This pleased Ryeowook because he could clear his mind while walking around. The weather was lovely. Fluffy white clouds flew in the blue sky. A light wind caressed his face, as they walked around the park. It was almost summer. Kids played on the green grass with their parents, dogs or each other. The trees moved a little, making rustled noises. A sand path under their feet crunched a little.

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun’s side profile, as they basked in the warmth of the last days of spring. He was grateful to Kyuhyun for all what he had done. He would have never thought someone was willing to stop him, help him from crashing down. Still, he wondered, why Kyuhyun helped him. He could feel the distance, coldness from Kyuhyun, but on the other hand, warmth. This strange warmth that made Ryeowook believe that Kyuhyun cared, despite the fact that he really didn’t. But Ryeowook hoped, as foolish as this sounds, he hoped that Kyuhyun would like him just a little. He hoped for this, because he wanted someone to like him, be his friend. He never had a true friend. He was always used. And this unexpected kindness from a stranger. Ryeowook wanted to hold onto it and never let go, despite the strange feeling that he will, eventually, need to let go.

His gaze went lower, at the small bag that Kyuhyun was holding. He wondered why Kyuhyun took it with him.

Are we going to see someone?” Ryeowook asked, making Kyuhyun look at him.

“Yes. I planned to meet with Leeteuk. I need to discuss something with him.”

“I see.” Ryeowook said while nodding.

They walked more then headed to Kyuhyun’s friend’s restaurant. Ryeowook was somehow happy to be here again. Leeteuk and especially Sora, were very nice and kind to him.

When they entered the restaurant, Leeteuk immediately greeted them with a smile.

“Hey you two!” He said cheerfully, as Kyuhyun and Ryeowook went to him.

“Good morning.” Ryeowook said officially, while Kyuhyun just nodded as a greeting.

“You are here early.”

“Yeah I don’t have anything important to do.” Kyuhyun answered Leeteuk.

“I see. So we better go to my office and talk.” Leeteuk said then looked at Ryeowook. “You want to come with us?” he added.

“No. He better stay here.” Kyuhyun cut Ryeowook before the shorter man could answer. Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun surprised. The taller man’s voice was stern and with authority.

“As you like… Sora honey!” Leeteuk eyed Kyuhyun suspiciously then called for his wife, that was standing next to one table. When Sora turned around, Leeteuk gestured her to come.

“Will you accompany Ryeowookie while Kyu and I talk?” The blonde man asked, smiling lovingly at his wife, when she came to them.

“Of course. I was about to go on a break and being with Wookie is surely a nice break.” Sora answered, smiling at Ryeowook, who blushed lightly because of this cute nickname, that he never got from anyone. Even his friends, back in school, called him Ryeowook.

“You are a sweetheart.” Leeteuk leaned and pecked Sora on the lips, then told some workers to look after the restaurant.

“Let’s go Wookie!” Sora cheered, wrapping her arm around Ryeowook and guide them to the far end of the restaurant, where there were some stairs. They went up to the first floor.

Leeteuk’s and Sora’s apartment was specious, yet cozy. Peach colored hangings were moving lightly, as the wind got inside from the opened window. A nice, fluffy carpet was placed in the center of the living room, next to two reddish sofas and small coffee table.

“You want something to drink?” Sora asked, from the kitchen, while Ryeowook sat on the sofa.

“No, thank you.” Ryeowook answered, eyeing the apartment. On one of the room’s door, was a small sign, light blue, with the words ‘Our baby’s room’ on it. Ryeowook smiled lightly at the sign. He knew that their child will be loved, not like him.

“Here.” Sora said, placing a glass of lemonade and some cut up fruit in front of Ryeowook, even if the man didn’t want any. Ryeowook bowed lightly as a thank you.

“Do you like it here?” She asked, while sipping her drink.

“Yes, it’s nice here.” Ryeowook answered. He hesitantly took an apple that was bunny shaped and took a bite.

“Thank you. We arranged this place after Leeteuk proposed to me.” Sora smiled brightly, rubbing her round tummy.

“I see. You arranged this place really prettily.” Ryeowook complimented.

“Thank you, considering that earlier, he lived here like in a garbage box.” She laughed. After seeing Ryeowook’s confusion, she explained. “ Leeteuk lived here alone first. He took me in and was against all changes, so just after proposing to me I had some power to turn this place to normal home.” She giggled.

“S-so he took y-you in j-just like…” Ryeowook stuttered then cut his words.

“Just like Kyuhyun, you? Yes, something like that.” He nodded at her words. Looks like Kyuhyun told them about him a little, Ryeowook thought. He felt relaxed and easy somehow now- knowing that she may have some similarities with him. He looked at his laps, not knowing what to say. His too long bangs covered his eyes.

“You have really long hair.” She said, cutting the silence after a few minutes. He looked at her then took a strand of his hair. They were indeed long. He didn’t cut them for almost half a year.

“You are right.”

“If you want to, I can cut them.” He looked at her a little shocked.

“You can?” He asked her.

“Of course. I cut Leeteuk’s hairs. I’m a professional hairstylist.” She smiled proudly.

“I didn’t know.”

“We don’t know a lot of things about each other and our closest friends and relatives.” Sora said mysteriously. She stood up and went to one of the rooms, leaving Ryeowook in wonder. Her words made him think about him and Kyuhyun. The taller man had a lot of secrets that he didn’t want to share with him.

She came back pretty quickly, with a set of scissors, hairclips and other stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter