Chapter 30

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXX Sleepwalking

 

‘Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.’

- Nathaniel Hawthorne

 

***

 

The next day after they woke up, Kyuhyun took some spare money, clothes to change and other things, as if he was going out for more than a day. The other man could only look as the angel passed him from time to time, looking for things.

“Do you think he wants to kill us?” Ryeowook asked, when Kyuhyun stopped walking for a minute to pack the gathered things into the bag. Kyuhyun glanced at Ryeowook, his eyes showing fear and uneasiness.

“I don’t know, but I’m sure he will not let us go easily.” Kyuhyun answered uneasily. Then, he reached his hand and took Ryeowook’s in his. “But I’m sure he will not get what he wants.” He squeezed Ryeowook’s hand then let go, finishing his packing. The human looked at his lap and sighed. Kyuhyun was right, they didn’t know what the future could bring and what The Evil wanted, but they were sure, they will fight with all their might to live. Ryeowook chuckled at his thoughts. A few years ago he wanted to die, he wanted to end his miserable life and now? Now he wanted to fight to live long. Now he has someone to fight for. He wants to have a normal life away from the dark. He never wants to go back to the darkness. He wants to life to its fullest.

“I need to go now Ryeowook. I told Leeteuk I will arrive before midnight.” Kyuhyun faced the other, making Ryeowook immediately snap from his thoughts, and stood up. Ryeowook went to Kyuhyun while biting his lips. He didn’t know what to say. He felt like he was parting with Kyuhyun for eternity, that they will not get a chance to meet again. He felt  tightness in his heart, as well as tears in the corners of his eyes. He didn’t want Kyuhyun to go. He unconsciously grabbed the hem of Kyuhyun’s shirt. Seeing the problem the latter had with their parting, Kyuhyun put his hand on Ryeowook’s, making the shorter one look at him. “Everything will be fine. I will be back as soon as possible. Just make sure you will be safe  ok? Besides, I called Sora and she will come here with Nana as soon as I reach their restaurant. You will not be alone.” Kyuhyun said comfortingly gazing at Ryeowook lovingly. The smaller man nodded his head, then put his head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Just come back quick. I’m already worried.” Ryeowook mumbled into the latter’s chest. After these words, his hands went to the angel’s back. Hugging Kyuhyun, Ryeowook felt like it was the hardest thing he had to do- leting go of Kyu. He got so fond of the latter’s presence. Hell, he fell in love and feeling that something might happen to Kyuhyun when he just step out from their apartment made him clung to the latter and beg for him to not go anywhere. He didn’t know why from all days, he felt like that today, but maybe what he had done to the woman and her child, alarmed his enemy sufficiently for him to strike at them now..

They stood like that for a few more minutes, basking in each other's warmth. It was hard to let go while not knowing what is awaiting them. Kyuhyun knew that nothing will happen to Ryeowook- the latter learned to not trust strangers. Even thought deep inside he feared to leave the human, as if something might happen in their apartment. Ryeowook too, wasn’t fond to let Kyuhyun go. He knew that something might happen as Kyuhyun searched  for the information they needed.

“I really need to go.” Kyuhyun said, letting go of Ryeowook. He took the backpack and went to the hall. All this time Ryeowook was watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter