Chapter 29

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXIX Something inside you

“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.”

― J.K. Rowling

 

 

In Kyuhyun’s and Ryeowook’s apartment, behind the window’s curtains, yellow streams of the morning sun shone onto the floor, creating stripes. The shorter man’s eyelids fluttered open and he looked blurrily at his surroundings. He looked at the sofa before him, then at the kitchen in the far end. Shifting his head, his eyes focused on the most heavenly sight. Ryeowook felt Kyuhyun’s hands around him tighten, as he himself rested his head on the other man's chest. Kyuhyun had his eyes closed, face freed from any worry. The warmth from the other’s body made Ryeowook felt secure and protected. He put his hands on the other’s and them a little; lovingly and gently. He snuggled his face into the other’s neck and inhaled Kyuhyun’s scent. Ryeowook got addicted to this warmth and smell. He loves it. He wished to stay like this forever. Suddenly Kyuhyun shifted and Ryeowook felt a pair of lips gracing his temple and heard a sleepy greeting from the other that made him grin.. The taller man glanced at him and smiled sleepily.

 “Are you feeling better?” He asked concernedly,   Ryeowook’s hand comfortingly. Ryeowook could only nod, bottling his true feelings. In truth, he had never felt better –being beside Kyuhyun, he was with his heaven and love, always.

 

***

 

 

Month passed as Ryeowook and Kyuhyun lived peacefully with each other. Nothing bad happened that time and there was not even a sign of it, but both of them were still on guard. Kyuhyun together with Leeteuk worked on tracking the evil’s force and getting information of their plan and why they wanted Ryeowook so badly.

As for Ryeowook, he was still working in Park’s restaurant.  Junsu didn’t show up before him and the strange marble Ryeowook got, was secure in the bedroom drawer.  He would look up at the marble from time to time and wondered why he felt warmth and small jolts of electricity from it. He asked Kyuhyun about it, but neither him nor Leeteuk could guess why and how is this thing. They only knew that this had something to do with Ryeowook, that whatever was contained within the marble was definitely related to Ryeowook.

“How was work?” Kyuhyun asked, as he grasped Ryeowook’s hand in his, after picking the other from his work. Ryeowook titled his head to the side:

“So so, tiring but nice. Nana was walking behind me all the time. Once I almost stepped on her.” Ryeowook giggled lightly.

“Looks like someone's gained a new fangirl.” Kyuhyun joked. They were about to go to the bus station, when Ryeowook’s gaze moved onto the other side of the road, where he saw a woman and probably her son. The mother was yelling and nudging her son, looking irritated. Ryeowook seeing this scene felt his heart tighten. His hands started to sweat and he felt a sudden pull. He let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and tried to cross the street without looking at passing cars. He just looked at the woman and the child that was now crying. His peripherals blurred and his vision narrowed to the two before him. He blinked his eyes  reflexively when Kyuhyun grabbed his arm forcefully, stopping him.

“Are you crazy? Why did you wanted to cross the street?” Kyuhyun yelled, but Ryeowook just took the other hand in his and looked across the street again. Kyuhyun looked at the spot the other was looking at, then at the human. Confused, his brows furrowed and he let Ryeowook guide him.

Making sure both of them cross the street safely, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook stepped onto the other side. Ryeowook’s face stiffened and he ran to the woman, when she tried to hit the poor boy. He caught her hand, making her look at him with shock and confusion.

“Please stop.” Ryeowook sternly said, as he looked at the woman.

“What do you want? This is none of your concern!” She yelled, freeing her hand from Ryeowook’s grip. Kyuhyun, who was looking at the situation, wanted to stop Ryeowook from interfering. He knew the woman was bad, but he couldn’t do much. Just one glance into her eyes and Kyuhyun could tell, she was rotten to the bones. He knew that even stabbing her with his fang wouldn’t help, as she would refuse to turn away from the bad path. Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter