Chapter 31

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXI Dark light

"There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes."

 

***

 

 

Kyuhyun was pacing from one corner of the living room to the other. He was thinking deeply. His brows were furrowed from worry and hands were sweating and fisted from anger.

“Why did he go with them?!” Kyuhyun yelled suddenly, making Leeteuk, who was sitting on the sofa, look at him worriedly. Sora called Kyuhyun and informed him that someone took Ryeowook. She told him about how Ryeowook appeared to acted strangely upon his own and jumped off the roof unforced.

“I don’t know. Maybe they used some trick on him?” Leeteuk tried to reason as he too started to get worried. He felt that this situation was not only about Ryeowook himself, but about something much bigger. Ryeowook had something that would cause Evil a great loss of his influence on people. Kyuhyun told Leeteuk what Ryeowook did to the woman and her son before.

I hope so, if not I…” Kyuhyun’s voice cracked, then he bit his lower lip. He couldn’t imagine the fact that Ryeowook could betray them. Yet the jarring thought of it made his unsettled. 

“Don’t worry, Ryeowook wouldn’t do anything bad.” Leeteuk tried to cheer the other as he stood up next to Kyuhyun.

“You are right. I shouldn’t think of him like that. It’s not the time for it. We need to get him out of there.” Kyuhyun nodded his head and was about to head to the main door, but Leeteuk stopped him.

“Wait a minute. I know it’s not something that you would want to do but I think we shouldn’t get Ryeowook.” Leeteuk said, worried about his companion’s reaction. Kyuhyun turned around, facing the other with an angry expression.

“What you mean by not getting him? We need to go and save him!” Kyuhyun shouted. He was beyond angry at the other angel. He never thought Leeteuk would say such words. He was his best friend, comrade from heaven and in this world.

“Don’t get me wrong…”

“How can’t I? You are telling me to abandon Ryeowook!”

“I’m not telling you to abandon him!” Leeteuk shouted back. He messed his hair up and sighed frustrated. “I’m just telling you to wait.”

“Why?!”

“What will you do when you rescue him? What will change? Nothing, we will be in the same spot.”

“Then what…”

“I think we should go and meet Junsu. We searched everywhere. We asked everyone, but no one knew about Ryeowook too. I think Junsu would know. We know he is supposed to know all of the answers, so he should know about Ryeowook too. I’m sure that man knows something.” Kyuhyun looked at the floor, saying nothing. What Leeteuk said was rational. “Besides, Ryeowook staying there can reveal information too. I doubt they will harm him, so far they didn’t hurt him.” Leeteuk added. He put his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and squeezed it lightly, encouraging him. Kyuhyun looked at his best friend and sighed while nodding his head.

“We will do as you said.”

 

 

***

 

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun didn’t have to search the whole city to find Junsu. They found him almost immediately, in abandoned hotel. Some kids that passed them, murmured that it was haunted, that weird people were seen there. It was a sign that made both of the men curious about that place.

They entered the hotel from behind because the entrance was locked and walked down the long dim corridor. Only a few lamps on walls shone, giving them a clear view of the passage. Wallpapers were torn, showing bare walls. They walked, passing by door after door. Soon they reached the main room, the lobby. They looked around and saw a few old sofas and tables. On the one of them, a man wearing only a robe laid. The man lazily moved his head, a sickly grin showed on his lips when he looked at Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.

“Greetings gentlemen.” Junsu greeted them as he sat on the sofa. He crossed his legs, making the robe slide from them a little, showing his milky legs. “What you want from me?” Junsu grinned, suppressing the giggle, when Kyuhyun looked at him furious.

“You perfectly know what we are doing here purgatory’s soul.” Leeteuk said calmly, but he wasn’t calm.

“How nice, you know who I am.” Junsu giggled, his eyes suddenly shone grey.

“From the very beginning. Only souls from purgatory that escaped the place are able to know the future.” Kyuhyun said angrily. Junsu smirked and put his chin on his palm, whistling to himself.

“Good deduction earth angel.” His eyes locked with Kyuhyun. “What you want from me?” He asked, despite  knowing perfectly why two angels are here.

“Tell us about Ryeowook’s powers. What he has that made the main Evil of this city chase him?” Leeteuk asked.

“I don’t know.” Junsu said simply.

“Don’t lie!” Kyuhyun shouted. Junsu then suddenly stood up and walked to him.

“I am not lying.” He grinned, when Kyuhyun bit his inner cheek from anger.

“You lied to Ryeowook, to chase him away from me.” Kyuhyun spat, he wanted to punch Junsu so badly.

“I didn’t, he just misunderstood my words.” Junsu grinned, making Kyuhyun punch the other in the face. The purgatory’s soul stumbled onto the floor still grinning. “Ok, ok, I used some weird words, but I just wanted to mess with him. I never thought he would take my words seriously. Who take a stranger’s words seriously?” Kyuhyun was about to kick the lying man on the floor, but Leeteuk had stopped him by pulling Kyuhyun by his shoulders.

“Calm down. Remember why we are here.” Leeeteuk said to his friend. Kyuhyun huffed and struggled free from the other.

“I understand.” He said, making Leeteuk do the talking.

“Junsu please tell us what Evil wants from Ryeowook. We need to know.” Leete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter