Chapter 16

Follow me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

XVI Angel with one wing

„Men of God and men of war have strange affinities."

- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Ryeowook’s vision was blurred when he finally opened his eyes. He looked around and realized that he was in an abandoned factory. The sun was setting, the ground where he was laying on was dirty. He tried to sit up, but couldn’t as his hands were tied with the rope. He moved slightly to the side, feeling that his head starting to hurt with a dull pain. His movement made someone who was sitting next to him look at him and stop his movements.

 

“You woke up, sweetie?” The person named Donghae said with a sickening sweet voice, making Ryeowook feel a sudden nausea. He had no clue who that man was, but he felt he wasn’t Kyuhyun’s co-worker. He tried to sit up again, but failed, when the latter stopped him. “Don’t move much, your head hurts.” The man added, then left Ryeowook alone, as he went to the other man, not that far away.

 

Ryeowook wasn’t trying to escape, he was too sore, in too much pain, too tightly tied to move much. Even trying to sit up was hard to do so.

 

He sighed and tried to think, but as soon as he wanted to, his head started to hurt unbearably, making him focus on the pain and nothing more. He didn’t know where he was, who captured him once again, but he knew he should be scared. It wasn’t his ex-client who captured him this time, Ryeowook could sense it somehow.

 

He looked up, despite his still blurry vision and looked around. Besides the man who just talked to him was another man. Not so far from them was a group of men too. Ryeowook narrowed his eyes, making his vision sharper and realized that all of them were really handsome boys. He could hardly say that they would be bad, because their faces showed pureness, gentleness and kindness, not like any other bad men you can see normally.

 

As he was looking at them, his vision came back to him somehow. He could still see a little blurry, but not as much as before. Suddenly, the metal gates moved. The sunset light rushed inside, from the opened space. The gate opened slowly, making an irritating noise and Ryeowook watched. There, in the middle was a person walking. Ryeowook’s heart skipped a beat when he recognized the person - Kyuhyun.

 

“You are quick!” The man who was supposed to be Donghae spoke. His teeth showed, lips created a sickening grin, that crashed the handsome face in half, turning him ugly.

 

“As always.” Kyuhyun spoke back as he moved closer to Ryeowook. Kyuhyun hadn’t shown any sign that he knew Donghae, making Ryeowook deduced that what he thought earlier was correct. Kyuhyun didn’t know that Donghae.

 

The men immediately made a wall between them, making Kyuhyun stop walking. The sun hid behind the clouds, making Ryeowook finally see Kyuhyun clearly. His eyes widened lightly, when he saw what Kyuhyun was holding. The latter was holding a silver, long and engraved sword. The ring on his finger wasn’t there.“Let him go, he is not yours.” Kyuhyun said sharply, but the men just laughed.

 

“Don’t think you can speak like that to us. You forgot who you are, Kyuhyun. You are not one of them anymore. You don’t have the power anymore. You are too weak to kill any-“ Donghae’s words were cut off, when Kyuhyun moved with the speed of the light and unexpectedly cut the man’s head off, with his sword.

 

The silence went through the factory, as Donghae’s head fell to the ground, rolling a little from the other part of his body. No one dared to move,  not even Ryeowook whose eyes went wide. His mind went blank. He didn’t know what was going on. About what power they are talking. Why was Kyuhyun holding a sword and mostly, why did he kill a man just now?

 

Suddenly, more men showed up from the shadow, making Ryeowook widened his eyes even more. He was confused and scared. He didn’t know what was going on. Who were these men, who was Kyuhyun? How did he know where to search for Ryeowook?

 

The men went and surrounded Kyuhyun, yet some stayed and guarded Ryeowook.

 

“Don’t think that you can win over! You are not like them anymore. Without your power, you are nothing.” Another man said, but Kyuhyun didn’t say a word. Shortly after these words, a few of them charged at Kyuhyun, who immediately fought back. The sword moved, making cuts in the men’s bodies. Blood gushed out of the deepest cuts, growls of pain echoed in the factory. Ryeowook felt, that this time, he is killing people.

 

“Kill him! Don’t make him come closer to the human!” Someone who was probably their boss, or someone like that, yelled, as Kyuhyun fought with them, moving closer to Ryeowook. His sword moved to the side and he hissed when someone cut his arm deeply.

 

“Ryeowook, are you ok?” Kyuhyun asked, when he was sure the latter would hear him clear. Ryeowook was stunned at the action before him. His throat tightened as he was unable to utter a word. Kyuhyun was fighting with people, killing them, yet he was still concerned over Ryeowook. ‘But he was killing people’ , Ryeowook’s thoughts screamed inside his head. “Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun yelled at him as he ran to the latter. He was an inch away from him, when a group of men grabbed him, making him stop moving successfully. The sword fell onto the ground and Ryeowook just looked with wide eyes at Kyuhyun, who hissed when the others halted his movements.

 

“I will free you, don’t worry.” Kyuhyun assured, but then blood escaped from his lips, when someone stabbed him in the stomach. Ryeowook screamed from fear over Kyuhyun. He tried to struggle free, to help Kyuhyun from the others’ steel grip on him, from their attacks, but he himself, couldn’t escape.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook screamed, called Kyuhyun, who was currently in the mercy of the others. Ryeowook cried out, as he could just watch, while the others pushed Kyuhyun away, who was fighting back, despite the deep cut on his stomach.

 

Kyuhyun somehow managed to pick his sword back up and was trying to fight back, but it was useless. His body was punched and kicked, as his power wore out quickly. Ryeowook cried at the scene before him. The man who was always protecting him was currently too weak to do so. He wanted to protect Kyuhyun himself, but he was useless. He tried to stand up and managed to do so. He ran to Kyuhyun a few steps, pushed some of the men, or kicked them, because his legs were free, but someone

 

pushed him onto the ground again, making Ryeowook yelp, then cry as he heard Kyuhyun’s yelling in pain.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook cried out as he managed to sit on the ground. “Kyuhyun look at me!” Ryeowook screamed, making Kyuhyun look at him finally. Kyuhyun’s eyes were full of tears and pain, face showed suffering.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter