4

Tutoring the Jerk

"do you know why x is 5?" I asked him. I looked over and I saw him texting. "YAH!" I snatched his phone away and stuffed it in my backpack.

"GIVE IT BACK!" He whined. I rolled my eyes and pushed his forehead with my finger. 

"Listen and you'll get it back." 

"AISH!" I raised my eyebrows and scoffed.

"You're begging me to tutor you and now you're not even listening."

"Okay fine fine I'm listening." So I started explaining and the next thing you know he is asleep and was lightly snoring. I banged my head on the desk multiple times and stared at him sleeping peacefully. 

 

"You know if you weren't such a jerk, you would be really cute." I said as I traced his facial features.

"You know I can hear you~" He sang. My eyes widened and I cleared my throat. I didn't need a mirror to know that my face was crimson red.

"Y-YAH!" I stuttered. "Be prepared tomorrow or else you're not going to get back your phone!" He shot up and looked at me.

"Bwoh?! Give me back my phone!" He whined holding out his two hands. I shook my head and stuck out my tongue. 

"not unless you do your work!" I said. He swiftly lunged for my backpack as I kicked it across the room making a mad dash for it. I picked it up and Luhan lifted me up from the ground by my waist. My whole body stopped functioning as I pinked even more. Luhan sucessfully grabbed his phone and grabbed his backpack.

"see you tomorrow!" he smirked holding a peace sign. Yup. There goes my hatred towards him. I started muttering incoherent words as I carried all the books and walked out of the room, bumping into a sturdy chest.

"woah there" the person said helping me pick up the books that I dropped on the floor. He looked up and smiled. It was Lay. *be calm Hyeri, be calm.* 

"t-thanks" I stuttered taking the books away from him. He refused and held onto it tighter. 

"this is too heavy for you" he joked. 

"are you calling me weak?" I shot back smiling. He shook his head.

"nope, but it's a solid excuse for allowing me to walk you home." He smiled back, his dimple clearly visible. I hid my face with my hair. I swear, Lay was going to be the death of me.

"A-arasso" I stuttered. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"aigoo you're so cute! since when were you so shy?" *since I was around you.*

"Um.. I'm always shy" I fibbed. He tilted his head back and laughed.

"You don't mind if I walked you home right?" I shook my head. "good cause it's too dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be walking around at night" *since when was lay such a flirt?*

"I appreciate your concern oppa, but I don't want to be a bother" I said hoping he would refuse.

"Ani! I have nothing better to do!" he replied back. We headed out the door and he followed me.

"So why were you at school so late?" I asked trying to get rid of the awkward tension. Lay cutely rubbed the back of his neck.

"I uh forgot to get my phone" He said. "I'm quite forgetful nowadays" 

"Ahh" I said pursing my lips. Lay was too cute. 

"How about you?"

"Tutoring" I mumbled as my eyebrows creased thinking of Luhan. Lay poked the space in between my eyebrows.

"you're going to get wrinkles" he joked. "and don't worry, Luhan's not as bad as you think he is." *yeah right.*

"I know."

"good" I stopped and fished out my keys. Lay scanned the area. 

"Is this your house?" He asked. I nodded. "it's a nice neighborhood." 

"Thanks!" I said as I grabbed my books from him. 

"No problem." he replied. He looked around and scratched his head.

"I"m not sure where to head home to be quite honest" He said. I laughed.

"Aww I feel bad now oppa!" Lays heart beated rapidly when you called him 'oppa'. 

"Oh that's right! I remember!" He fibbed. I beamed and bowed.

"thanks for walking me home!"

"no thank you." he replied as he gave me a quick hug."sorry" he said sheepishly. 

"It's alright." I said blushing furiously. 

"so I'll see you around." he said. "come sit with us tomorrow."

"are you sure? I don't want your fangirls to kill me!"

"don't be scared. I'll protect you!" He replied pumping his fist in the air. "see these muscles? they were built for protecting."

"What muscles?" I joked. Lay faked pouted.

"You hurt my feelings Hyeri!" I laughed. "anyways I'll see you."

"Arraso. Bye oppa!" I said as I waved goodbye. I quickly ran in and slammed the door, resting my body against it.

*I've fallen for you even more Lay*

Lay looked around his area as he pulled out his phone and dialed Xiumin's number.

"Hyung. I'm lost. Do you know how to get to my house from xx street?" 

-

My phone vibrated and I fished it out of my pocket. 1 text message

tutoring at my house tomorrow. -Luhan.

I frowned as I was about to text him back. My phone vibrated again and I got another text message.

By the way, don't ask how I got your number. I have my ways >:)

I rolled my eyes and quickly typed back.

creeper! Bring Lay tommorrow! 

My phone vibrated again. 

And I'm the creeper? O.o Arraso, I'll try.

I tossed my phone aside and pulled my hair into a bun before doing my science assignment. My phone vibrated again and it was an incoming call. I got up mumbling a string of cuss words as I angrily yelled into the phone.

"what do you want!" 

"woah calm down. what's wrong with you?" hana asked. I sighed and apologized.

"Sorry I thought you were Luhan." Hana chuckled.

"ahh, lovers quarrel." I frowned hearing the word 'lover'

"please, don't say that" 

"arraso. anyways, just calling to ask you if you did that homework assignment for science." I looked over at the blank piece of paper.

"Nope." 

"You better thank me cause I'm about to give you all the answers" I beamed.

"Wahh thank you!" I cooed.

"You owe me big time" she said as she told me all the answers.

"Hana you're a lifesaver. I can sleep now!" She chuckled. 

"Night Hyeri!"

"good night. Oh and we're sitting with EXO tomorrow."

"I LOVE YOU HYERI!" She fangirled over the phone. I rolled my eyes.

"night." I said quickly hanging up the phone.