17

Tutoring the Jerk

-Luhan's POV-

"I'm back guys" I looked up from my food and jumped in suprise. Jieun had dyed her black hair to light brown. Her skin was flawless as she winked at me. I felt my heart skip a beat as I shook my head. *I have Hyeri now* I reminded myself. 

"what did I miss?" The whole table was quiet. None of them had liked Jieun at all.

"Nothing much" I managed to reply. She smiled and took a bite of her salad.

"I thought the whole table was mute for a second." She laughed dryly and scooted closer to me.

"where's Yixing oppa?"

"It's Lay-shi for you." Tao mumbled flipping through the latest Gucci catalog. She rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"I can call him whatever I want." She replied. "where is he?" She nudged my elbow.

I shrugged. "With Hyeri." I felt a little jealous saying that.

"Oh." was all she could say.

-Lay's POV-

I stumbled out of the cafeteria holding back tears. I punched a locker in fustration.

"AISH!" I heard someone's footsteps and I ignored it.

"Are you okay Yixing?" I turned to the familiar voice. It was Hyeri, the word worry was written all over her face. I wiped my tears with my arm.

"Yeah, I"m alright." I replied coldly. I felt relaxed as gave me a back hug.

"I'm always here for you, don't shut me out. If something is bothering you, then tell me." She makes it sound so easy. How the hell am I supposed to say, 'oh, I like you, but you're dating my best friend?' it doesn't work out. 

"Okay" I lied. I removed her arms from my waist as I turned to her.

"Go back to your boyfriend." I said rudely and walked away from her. I think the best choice for me is to just forget about her. I walked to the rooftop and ran a finger through my hair in fustration. The lady was right, I should have confessed sooner. I pulled out the lock necklace that was hidden behind my shirt and stared at it wondering what could have been if I had confessed to her first. I sighed wiping away the last drops of my tears and stood up. Grown men don't cry. I reminded myself pumping my fist in the air. 'fighting!'

-Hyeri's POV-

Lay seemed pretty annoyed by my appearance. I turned my heels back to the cafeteria feeling guilty. As much as I wanted to chase after him, I knew he didn't want attention at the moment. Lay will tell me what is going on when it's the right time. I walked back to the table feeling the awkward tension. I saw Jieun and froze. Crap. I forgot she lives with Luhan. OTAKE?! I walked over trying to be as calm as possible.

"Excuse me Jieun, I was sitting there." She stopped talking to Luhan and looked up at me. She was pratically shooting lasers at me.

"Oh, no one told me. Well there's a chair over there so feel free to sit by Tao." She said and continued talking to Luhan.

"Anyways, so I was thinking we could-"

"Yah.." I said forming a fist with my fingers. "I said that was my seat." I said through clenched teeth.

"Jieun, stop being stubborn and move." Kris said scoffing. "He's not your boyfriend."

Jieun's eyes widened.

"You two are dating?" 

"No" Luhan said. I felt a pang in my heart. "Well yeah, but we just started yesterday" he mumbled barely audible. She nodded and put a hand on Luhan's lap. Why the hell wasn't Luhan doing anything?

"I haven't seen Luhan in a while, so just go sit over there and quit your nagging."

"Excuse me? I'm his girlfriend, so please, move." I said feeling anger taking over me.

"Hyeri just stop! If she wants to sit here she can!" Luhan snapped. I raised an eyebrow, shocked. 

"Jieun, move." chen said glaring at her. Her tears formed as she turned back to Luhan.

'You know what?Moving here was a mistake. No one here likes me" she said crying. I rolled my eyes as she stormed out of the cafeteria. Luhan glared at everyone of us and grabbed his backpack following her. I felt guilty as I sat down.

"don't worry, luhan's just overprotective of his childhood friend." Xiumin said burping. Kris glared at him and whacked his head.

"YAH! I'm your elder!" He burped again. Kris pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. The bell rang as I waited for Luhan outside of his class.

"Hey Hyeri!" One of my classmates, DO waved. I smiled and waved back.

"Are you looking for Luhan?" I nodded my head.

"oh, he told me to tell you that he's out with Jieun right now. Bye Hyeri." My jaws dropped as DO walked away. Tears were threatening to escape from my eyes as I walked home in the cold weather. My mom called me and I picked up.

"Hey mom!" I chirped.

"Honey! I'm home, but where are you?" 

"I stayed at a friends house for a while, I'll come home now." I said before hanging up. I walked inside of the Lu's house. Jieun had already put her luggages in the room as I packed my stuff and left, bumping into Mrs. Lu on the way out.

"where are you going?"

"My mom's home, thank you so much for your hospitality." I bowed and hugged her. She smiled heartily and ruffled my hair.

"no problem, feel free to come over anytime. I consider you as family already!" She beamed and I waved goodbye.

--

I sighed as I laid back down on my bed. Home sweet home. My phone vibrated as I pulled out my phone. 1 text message

can we talk?-Luhan

I scoffed and threw the phone across the bed. I was in no mood of seeing his annoying face. The doorbell rang as I walked down the stairs to open it, and became frozen when I saw Luhan. He smiled angelically and pulled out something behind him..

"Sorry I took so long, I was looking for this!" He said holding out an apple pie.

"Please accept my apology." (a/n: apple and apology is the same in Korean.)

I smiled and took it.

"You're forgiven." He sighed in relief and pulled me into a tight hug twirling me around.

"I need to apologize sincerly, so please let me take you on a date." he said dragging me by my wrist. We walked to a local photobooth and I rolled my eyes.

"this is your idea of a date?" I said laughing. Luhan pouted.

"it's romantic! we can take selcas together and have pictures of us!" He said. I nodded.

"That is really cute." I said. He kissed my forehead and led me into a photobooth. 

He slipped a couple of dollar bills and we took a couple of photos. First one we did funny poses, the second was us smiling happily, and the third Luhan and cupped my cheeks and pulled me into a long kiss. I had told him the picture was already taken, but he still latched his lips onto mine and continued to kiss me. We edited our photos and printed them out. Luhan beamed and stuck the pictures into his wallet and gave the other copy to me. We just ate street food and fed each other happily earning a couple of 'oohs' and 'awws' from people. My face was flushed and Luhan kept teasing me about it. Sadly, our first date was over and Luhan insisted that we walked home together. 

"hey Luhan?" I finally spoke.

"hmm?" 

"This might be a personal question, but why is Jieun so special to you?" Luhan dryly laughed.

"I don't know, we were just childhood friends. She was the first one to ever approach me. I was quite a shy kid when I was little. I'm sorry if I snapped at you, but if Jieun was put in my position, she would have done the same." He stared at me with his doe like eyes.

"But just know, you're always special to me." He said as we stopped at my doorstep. He kissed my cheek and whispered seductively in my ear.

"I would have kissed you on the lips but your mom is watching us." He waved to her and bowed. My eyes widened as I turned and saw my mom grinning happily. I mentally cursed myself as I ran up to my room locking the door.

"oohh my baby has a boyfriend." She sang turning off the lights. "goodnight honey." I blushed and buried my face into my blanket. 

"goodnight mom" I whispered.