Lay Part One

Tutoring the Jerk

if you do not remember what happened in the fic, please go back to chapter 21!! :)

Hyeri's knuckles were white as she gripped onto the chair. It's been forever since she had waited for his confession. Inside, she felt jittery and happy, but at the same time, she wasn't sure if she should be. After all, she had just broken up with Luhan. After seeing Hyeri's reaction, Lay had slumped down and forced himself not to cry.

"Don't worry about it." He said faking a smile. Hyeri looked up and shook her hands.


"an-i! It's just.. I need time to think" She found herself saying. Lay nodded and looked down.

"Sorry if I ruined our day" He laughed dryly. Hyeri nervously smiled and sipped her drink.

"I'll send you home" He said getting up from his chair. She nodded and followed him. The walk home was quiet. It wasn't awkward, just quiet. Hyeri had spent her time thinking about his confession and she was wondering if he was toying with her or not. If his confession was sincere, then maybe it would not have been bad to give him a shot. The two arrived at her house as he ruffled her hair and said goodbye. Hyeri quickly ran into her house and muffled her cries with her pillow.

She was so confused. That day, she had spent her time watching dramas and doing her homework, doing her best to occupy her thoughts. Her doorbell rang causing her to jump in surprise as she slowly made her way to the door. Luhan had stood outside holding a box of chocolates and eagerly attacked her with kisses.

"baby I'm so sorry. I'm so dumb. Please forgive me." He said in between pecks. Hyeri stood there not knowing what to do. Should she respond to the kiss? Luhan eventually stopped and sighed.

"do you forgive me?" Hyeri stood there silent as Luhan took the opportunity to walk inside her house. He placed the box of chocolates on the table and hugged her waist whispering sweet nothings in her ears. It felt good to be in his embrace again, but why did it feel wrong? Luhan had pulled out a chair and explained everything from start to finish. Hyeri found herself nodding and eventually forgave him. It was a tough choice, believing his childhood friend or his former girlfriend. *This is just like the situation I'm in.* She thought to herself. The two had spent the day cuddling and were watching romantic movies. Luhan had let her pick this time to apologize for his actions, but Hyeri had not even paid attention to what was playing on the screen.

"Hahaha!" Luhan laughed clapping his hands like a seal. "Babe did you see that?" He waved his hands in front of her. She snapped out of her trance and looked at him.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked kissing her knuckles. Hyeri took her hand out of his and massaged her temples.

"I'm confused." She whispered, almost inaudible.

"With what?" he asked her. She shook her head and made a go away hand motion. 

"I'm sorry I need time to think." She said walking to the door and opening it. She had practically kicked him out. 

Moments later, Hyeri sighed in relief after kicking Luhan out. He was persistent and annoying. A couple of hours later, Hyeri had realized who her heart belonged to. She grabbed her purse and ran outside.