chapter 3

Let's make a happy ending

Chaerin PoV

 

She's here in her parents mansion now like what she promise to her brother. Her mom keep on talking to her saying that she miss her already. she just smile to her mom while her dad is talking to her brother about the bussiness. her father will just talk to her if it has something to do with the company. she felt hurt she want her relationship with her father to be ok again but how would she do it? its been 4 years already and her parents can't accept the fact that she divorce Dara already. They keep on saying that it's the most stupid descition she ever made.

"by the way Chaerin, me and your mom are going in the U.S for a two weeks vacation. i'll let you incharge of the company while i'am away" het father told her.

"yes dad, but how about MinHo oppa? Chaerin ask.

"Minho will be going to London for a conferce so the company is in your hand. i know you can handle everything." explain her dad.

she just nodded her head. her father trust her in bussiness but he never trust her with how she made a descition in her personal life. and thats why they cant accept Ha-Yi her girlfriend her first love. the girl who made her divorce her wife. They already finish their dinner her dad went inside the room to rest its just her mom left and they went to the back yard near the pool. she miss her mom she's the only one she can tell her problem with. even though she know she don't like her girlfriend too and s'he hate her for divorcing Dara.

"Sweetheart, how have you been lately? it's been so long since you showed up." her mom ask with a sweet voice just like her ex-wife. even before she's married with Dara she always saw her mom in her. but that didn't make her fall madly in love with her ex wife during their marriage, but after their divorse her wife left a big hole in her heart and life.

"I'am fine mom same old same old" she said with a low voice.

"I always hear that, nothing new?" her mom tease. making her smile

"Ha-Yi is in town" she said making her mom smile fade away. she know they don't want her girlfriend but what can she do?

"tell me Chae, do you really love her?" she ask after a long silent.

She didn't find a word to say. does she really love Ha-Yi? She's the reason that make her marriage wreck. but she chooses Ha-Yi than Dara becoz she's her first love. and about Dara she like her that's why she marry her, many guys and lesbi want to have Dara that's why she got challenge and court Dara. she's so happy that she chose her and she's so happy to flaunt Dara to every one and to her friends. she's so selfish that she want to possess her like a thing that she own. she never really love Dara when they got married. but for three years of being married to her is the happiest time of her life although she's been cheating on her behind her back she care for her deeply.

"You don't really love her right?" her thoughts has been interupted by her mom she don't know how long she's been quite.

"I love Ha-Yi mom" she said but deep inside her she dont know if she's lying.

"Chae, what is love for you?" her mom ask in serious tone. she look at her mom with puzzled expression. this is new for her' ever since her mom never ask her like this before.

"what is it mom? are you a love gooroo now?" she ask while laughing trying to get away the tension in her. but when she glance at her mom she's serious so she stop laughing. She sigh " i dont know mom," she finaly admitted her defit.

"Then don't say that you love Ha-Yi." her mom said firmly.

Chaerin just stay still waiting for her mom to continue.

"You are my daughter Chae, and i know you too well. I carry you in my womb for 9 months and take care of you until the time you dont need me to guide you, but it doesnt mean i dont care for you anymore since you can take care of your self" her mom said and hold her hand. "you're not happy Chae i can see and feel that your not happy. if your saying that you love Ha-Yi then you should glow becoz of happiness. but i can see that your empty. she said looking straight in Chaerin's eye. Hearing her mom words making her want to cry. its true mother knows best. shes really not happy shes a mess and like in hell right now. damn shes not like this when shes still married.

"I'am right. Chae you might not know it but you love Dara, you just got blinded by Ha-Yi. she may be your first love like you always say but things change and people change. when you two are married i'am so happy becoz she brings out whats best in you. not like the way you are right now". her mom said more like trying to pursue her. she don't know why they are talking about this all of a sudden.

"Mom you know i love you. i may not know the meaning of that when it comes to other people but you know you're important to me. but why are you trying to pursued me in this subject.? " she ask hesitately.

her mom sigh. "Your not getting any younger Chae, i'am saying this becoz i want you too see what your missing." her mom said

"i'am not missing anything mom and about that i will marry Ha-Yi if she's ready". when she said those word it felt so heavy inside her heart and it taste bitter.

"I just always wish that you don't make a harsh descition again. marriage is not a game." her mom said firmly. and Chaerin knows that she hate to hear that she will marry Ha-Yi.

"After your divorce did you even bother to ask your self how is Dara doing now after you left her?" her mom ask'out of the blue. making her stare at her mother. She's speachless and suddenly became nervous, why? is something happen to her? they maybe divorse but it doesnt mean she does'nt care at all.

"why? ask all of a sudden mom?" she ask with her cold voice just to hide that she's worried.

"hmm. nothing i just ask, it's already late why don''t you sleep here toninght. or why dont you sell your house its so big and you're the only one leaving there alone. you can stay here again so that you and your dad will be close again" her mom suggest. Chaerin just smile.

"no mom i will go home and beside i will never sell that house." she said and kiss her mom. "i will leave now say hello to dad for me" she said and went out of the house.

 

She arrive at her mansion, it's true shes leaving alone in this big house. it looks so lonely abd scary now. but she just cant sell it. she cant. even Ha-Yi ask her to sell the house but she will never ever do that. becoz it was their dream house. its the only design that you will ever find in all the houses in Korea. becoz Dara is the one who design this house. it's her and Dara's idea that make this dream house came true. so tell me how can i sell this house? she smile bitterly and walk in the house then she climb the stairs and went the room that shes the only one who can enter. she unlock the door and  went in. she open the lights and look around. This room is full of memory of her ex-wife. it's the masters bedroom the biggest room in the mansion. she went to the closet there still Dara's clothes all her things from underwear, shoes, jewelry, dress or even the daily shirt its still there. then she walk to table its an office table inside their bedroom its her wife request since she wants to do her office work or other things in their room. she walk and sit on its chair. she open the drawers all her things are still here. Then she get the letter and read it again. she always read it. it's the letter her wife leave for her when they divorce. before that happen she never went home she stay in Ha-Yi place leaving her wife all alone in this big house all by herself. remembering all the things she did to Dara making her chest ache she felt guilty and stupid for hurting her. Dara is a wonderful person making all the people love her, shes beautiful inside and out, and that makes a lot of people told her that she should'nt left her. before she just brash away their comments becoz shes crazy over Ha-Yi even when shes married with Dara.

But now she always find out in her mind and heart that she really stupid for letting Dara go.

"I miss you" she whisper in the picture of Dara that is in the table.

"how are you now? are you eating on time? are you eating healthy food or your just eating rummen?" she chuckles to her self shes talking to a picture she looks like a pathetic person. "damn i miss you so much"she said out loud. ever since the divorce that was the only time that she enter their house again she want to talk to Dara and say goodbye but she did'nt know that Dara left already and no one want to tell her where did she go.

Dara has no other family than Bom becoz shes an orphan already. they dont want to tell them where she is all she want to do is to make sure if shes fine she even ask for a private investigator to look for Dara but it came in vain theirs no trace of her. she knows her father is protecting Dara. and that was when she knows that Dara leave everything that she gave her the money her share in their conjugal property. even every little thing she gave, Dara didnt bring any. and this letter is the only thing she left. she keep reading it a milliln times that she just stare at it and savor every work it say.

"Why? why are you so kind?" she whisper and read the letter again. her tears finally flow down while reading making her miss her to death.