The Next Best Thing

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

 

Nichkhun tighten his hug, wetting Wooyoung shoulder with his tears. Wooyoung finally stops fighting and just let Nichkhun hugged him. The silence was broken by Nichkhun hoarse voice. “I’m sorry Wooyoung. I am really sorry. You and Danny are not a mistake to me.” Wooyoung was frozen and shocked when he heard that. “He knows.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry love. I’m sorry for even said such words. I’m very stupid. I was lying to myself. I don’t want to acknowledge my feelings toward you. Only when I lose you, then I know how precious you are to me,” Nichkhun was apologizing non-stop with Wooyoung still in his arm. He doesn’t want to let go because he was afraid that he would lose Wooyoung again.

 

Wooyoung on the other hand, was still frozen shock in Nichkhun’s embrace. He was silently panicking. He didn’t know what to do. Having Nichkhun know that Danny is his is the last thing that Wooyoung ever wanted. He was having a peaceful life with his son and he doesn’t want to lose it just because of NIchkhun who was still unsure of his feelings.

 

Wooyoung begin struggling again to get out of Nichkhun’s embrace which he finally succeeded. He looked at Nichkhun’s face and notice how swollen his eyes is, how bright red his nose get from all that sobbing and how he was looking at Wooyoung with his puppy face and yet, he still manage Wooyoung shakes his head at the last thought and reminding himself of the past thing that Nichkhun had done to him.

 

“I…i…don’t kn..know what you’re talking about,” said Wooyoung whispering because he doesn’t want to wake his son up. Wooyoung cursed himself for stuttering. “Please Wooyoung. Don’t hide this anymore. I hired a private investigator and that’s how I knew all of this. Please love. I just want to be beside you and Danny. I want us be a family together,” said Nichkhun, pleading to Wooyoung.

 

“Stop calling me ‘love’ because I’m not. It’s Victoria who was your baby right? Go to her. And private investigator? How dare you stalk me???” Wooyoung was pissed off with the fact that his privacy was disturbed by Nichkhun. “Woo please. I did that because I want to know where you are. I’m missing you like crazy everyday,” said Nichkhun quickly when he saw Wooyoung is not happy.

 

“Whatever! You have lost the privilege of calling me love or missing me when you left me alone four years ago. You also lost your privilege to me and Danny when you say we are your mistake. It’s not like you accidently say it. You are perfectly aware of what you said because you didn’t even come to me and apologize after that! You just left me and follow Victoria everywhere she goes!” Wooyoung was losing his patience.

 

“Well, guess what? I never stop you four years ago and I will definitely not stop you now. Go and follow her everywhere like a good lover you are. Me and Danny don’t need you. Not before, not now and not ever. I’m more than capable to raise him myself, so stop showing your pity face in front of me!” Nichkhun just stand there and accept every word Wooyoung said because he knew he deserved it.

 

Nichkhun was about to opened his mouth to say something when a small cry come from the bed. Nichkhun turned around and found Danny moving in his sleep, whining. His and Wooyoung’s voice must have interrupted the small boy sleeps. Wooyoung quickly move to Danny, and starts patting slowly the little boy’s bottom, putting him back to sleep.

 

Wooyoung turned his head back to him and whispered. “Go out now. I don’t have the energy to do this right now. Plus my son is sleeping. Go out.” At first Nichkhun don’t to move but when he looked at his son, he feels bad for interrupting the little boy sleeps. He slowly made his way to the door and took a last glance at Wooyoung and his son. Oh how he want to be part of that picture.

 

He steps out of the room and slowly closed the door. He place his hand to the door and whispered, “ I will win you back Woo. Both you and Danny. I will never let you go from my life again, love.” Nichkhun was determined to win Wooyoung’s back. Wooyoung on the other hand just sighed deeply. He kissed his son forehead, caressing it gently. “What’s going to happen now?” whispered Wooyoung to himself.

 

*the next morning*

 

Wooyoung wake up early that morning because he wanted to avoid meeting Nichkhun. He wakes up Danny, gave him a shower and brought him to have a simple breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant. After that, he returned to his room, packed his stuff and leaves the hotel to the airport. At first his son was confused as to why his daddy was such in a rush, but after Wooyoung bought him a toy at the hotel gift shop, the little boy looks very happy.

 

Wooyoung and his son finally boarded the plane. Wooyoung was relieved that he succeeded to avoid Nichkhun. Wooyoung took the window seat while Danny sat next to him. He put Danny’s toys and small backpack at the seat next to Danny thinking that no one will sit there as it was still early. Wooyoung drifted his attention to the view outside. He was waiting for the plane to depart and thinking how to get away from NIchkhun once they reached Seoul.

 

His thought was interrupted when he heard someone clearing his throat at their seats. Wooyoung turned his head and found Nichkhun standing in front of him, looking straight at him and Danny with a smile. “Hi there little one. This is my seat, do you mind taking your toys so Uncle Khun can seat here?” asked Nichkhun sweetly at Danny.

 

The little boy just smiles at him and take his toys, placing it on his own seat. His small body giving it space for him to do that. “Good morning Uncle Khun,” said Danny politely. “Good morning baby. Good morning Wooyoung,” said Nichkhun with a smile. “Daddy, Uncle Khun sayS good morning to you,” said Danny, shaking his daddy for his thought. “Good morning,” said Wooyoung quickly, before facing the window again, cursing his bad luck.

 

Nichkhun just smiles when he saw Wooyoung’s panic face. Nichkhun already left the hotel at 6am. He know that Wooyoung will do anything to avoid him, so, without having his breakfast, Nichkhun pack his bag and leave to the airport, waiting for Wooyoung and Danny there. Nichkhun is fully charged to win Wooyoung back and he will never give up.

 

5 minutes later, the plane departs. Wooyoung still have his face on the window when he heard Nichkhun voice ordering his in-flight meal for his breakfast. He can hear Nichkhun trying to converse with Danny and how bright and happy his son’s voice is. “Do you want this?” Upon hearing that, Wooyoung turned his head and saw Nichkhun offering his son a piece of his chicken sandwich.

 

“You don’t have to. Danny already had his breakfast with me at the hotel,” said Wooyoung with a sour face. Suddenly Wooyoung feel a tug at the hem of his shirt. He looked down and saw Danny looking at him with a puppy face and pouting. “I want it, Daddy. I’m still hungry,” said Danny with pout. Seeing his son’s face makes Wooyoung speechless. He really cannot see his son pouting like this.

 

“Fine,” said Wooyoung also with a pout, crossing his arm on his chest and turned his head facing the window. Nichkhun just look at the scene in front of him in awe. Both Wooyoung and Danny looks very cute pouting. “Wooyoung, even after giving a birth, you still look and behave like a baby,” thought Nichkhun, with a smile on his face. He turned his head to Danny that was already waiting to be fed. He gladly feeds Danny and the little boy, munches his sandwich with such an adorable expression. “Eat well, my son.”

 

After finished feeding Danny, Nichkhun took a glance at Wooyoung and saw his love is already fall asleep. Nichkhun just sighed. “How great it will be if I can pull you into my arm and have you sleep there,” thought Nichkhun. Nichkhun then divert his attention to Danny and he see his son was restless on his seat.

 

“What’s wrong my son?” asked Nichkhun. “Huh?” Danny was looking at him innocently. “I mean, what’s wrong Danny?” said Nichkhun realizing his mistake. “I’m sleepy,” said Danny, rubbing his eyes. “Do you want a pillow? I can ask for it from the stewardess.” “No, I want Daddy,” said Danny with a pout. Danny then turned his head to Wooy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter