Regret

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sunny day that several years before use to bring happiness and warmth for a young man named Nichkhun Horvejkul, now means nothing but bitterness to him. Bitterness and emptiness. A new day, means another day without ‘him’. Without Jang Wooyoung. 4 years had pass since the last time Nichkhun see him. And since that day, the only colour in Nichkhun’s life is only grey and black.

 

No more blinding yellow colour that always occur everytime Wooyoung smiles at him. No more shy pink whenever he , no more calming blue whenever Wooyoung is beside him. No more. Every day is the same old routine for Nichkhun since he graduate 2 month ago. Every day he woke up alone, went to work in his family company, get drunk alone at night, crying Wooyoung’s name and just watching his young life pass his eyes.

 

Life that once used to be excited to him, now is nothing but emptiness because of the absence of someone from his side. The absence of Jang Wooyoung.

 

“Wooyoung, I miss you so damn much. Please come back to me. I’m sorry.”

 

THE PAST

 

KRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sound of alarm clock broke the silence of the crack of dawn. The sound was blasting through a room, to be precise, a dorm room. Two mans that was sleeping on their respective bed, stirred in their sleep because of the sound. A hand coming out of the blanket, grabbed the clock and throw it to the floor.

 

Meanwhile, the other man from the other bed, slowly sat up, scratching his head, yawning so wide. “Khun, wake up. We’re going to be late for school,” said Wooyoung, trying to wake Nichkhun up. “Khun!” Wooyoung was shaking Nichkhun’s body violently but the other just continues sleeping. After 5 minutes, Wooyoung gave up and decided to take a bath first.

 

He slowly made his way to the bathroom while glancing at the clock. “7.05am, I still have 55 minutes before the school start,” muttered Wooyoung to himself. After 15 minutes, Wooyoung finished getting ready for school. He made his way to Nichkhun to wake the other up. “Khun, please wake up. I don’t want to be late for school.” but still no reaction.

Wooyoung finally use his last resort to wake Nichkhun up. He kneeled beside the bed and starts tickling him. Nichkhun quickly wake up screaming, pulling Wooyoung hand and in an instant, making Wooyoung lay on top of him. They stared at each other for a while, and their position making it more awkward.

 

“Woo, why are you waking me up so early? You know I get back late last night because of my date,” said Nichkhun with his hoarse voice, breaking the awkwardness. “Early? We only have 30 minutes before the school starts. You better move your right now or I just leave you and walk to school alone,” threaten Wooyoung.

 

“30 minutes???!!!! Oh my god!” Nichkhun quickly pushed Wooyoung of him and ran to the bathroom. Wooyoung landed on the floor with a loud thud. “Ouch…, he doesn’t even care about me,” said Wooyoung sadly. “If only you know what you have done to my heart Nichkhun Horvejkul.” Wooyoung quickly shook that thought and made his way to the door, leaving alone.

 

Wooyoung reached the school 5 minutes later. That’s benefit of staying in the school dorm. You don’t have to walk far and don’t have to worry about being late. Seeing that he still have 20 minutes before the class, Wooyoung decided to go to the school canteen to have a light breakfast. After buying himself a sandwich and milk, he made his way to a seat.

 

He quietly ate while reading his biology books, waiting for the school bell to ring, to show that the class will starts. That’s Jang Wooyoung. A smart kid, who prefer to read than to socialize. His only friend in school was Nichkhun. Different from Wooyoung, Nichkhun was the popular kid in school. His good looks with his gentlemen manner making him the dream guy of every girls and maybe boys in the school.

 

Seeing their different characteristic, one will wonder how can they be friends. Well, they have been a good friend since they were babies. Wooyoung and Nichkhun parents were best friend and neighbour back in Busan. Nichkhun parents migrated to Korea from Thailand to expend their family business. Their parent has been close since. Nichkhun parents also helped The Jang family a lot when Wooyoung’s father passed away when he was 10.

 

When he was 12, Wooyoung got an offer to go to a school in Seoul. At first he wanted to decline because he wants to be close with his mother, but then, his mother convinced him otherwise, saying that his future is more important. Nichkhun upon hearing that, use his family wealth, name and connection to apply the same school as Wooyoung and he succeed.

 

And that is Nichkhun. He will do everything he can to get want he want. Nichkhun really cherish and appreciate Wooyoung as his best friends. He loved to be with Wooyoung because Wooyoung is the only person that befriend with him for him and not because of his family, his wealth or his good looks. However, that changes when they came to Seoul.

 

When they come to the school, Nichkhun instantly became the popular guy whereas, Wooyoung has been push aside. They don’t spend much time together. Not only because Nichkhun has been busy with his new friend, but also, Wooyoung tries to spend less time with Nichkhun. This is because, everytime, the people at school saw them together, they always show Wooyoung a disgusted look, like, Woyoung is not up to the standard to become Nichkhun friend.

 

Wooyoung was deep in his thought when he spotted Nichkhun running and entering the school gate, trying not to be late. If before, in Busan, they always go to school together, but now everything change. He can see Nichkhun arrival was welcomed by his girlfriend. It was none other than Victoria, the queen of the school.

 

The shared a short kiss before walking hand in hand to their class. Nichkhun and Wooyoung were in different class. Because of his intelligence, Wooyoung was in the first and Nichkhun was in the second class with his girlfriend. On his way to class, NIchkhun spotted Wooyoung sitting alone. He flashed Wooyoung a smile but the other just keeps his head down, burying himself in the book.

 

Nichkhun notice this but he didn’t say anything. Ever since they came to Seoul, their relationship was not as close as they used to. While Nichkhun was enjoying the city life by hanging out at the hottest spot and partying, Wooyoung just keeping himself solitude. Busying himself with books and going to the library. For many times Nichkhun had invited Wooyoung to join him but Wooyoung just reject it with a smile.

 

He missed Wooyoung. He missed his friend who is always with him, doing things together, laughing together. He knew Wooyoung is not a socialize person but he doesn’t expect Wooyoung to seclude himself like that. There were times where he wanted to go and have fun with Wooyoung, just the two of them, but with a girlfriend, it was not possible.

 

Despite a gap between them, Wooyoung still took a good care of him. When he done his laundry, Wooyoung would always took Nichkhun’s dirty clothes to wash it together. He always reminded Nichkhun not to skip his meal and teaches Nichkhun everytime he had difficulty with his homework. But, other than that, there is nothing more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter