The Reason

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wooyoung!!” Wooyoung stopped his steps when he hears a familiar voice calling his name. He turned around and smile when he found Chansung was running towards them carrying a basket of something. When he arrived in front Wooyoung, Chansung quickly scopped Wooyoung into his tight bear hug, suffocating the smaller man.

 

“Dude!! I miss you so much my friend,” said Chansung, hugging Wooyoung tight. “Yah, are you trying to kill me? It’s not even 30 minutes I’m Korea,” said Wooyoung laughing. Chansung then let him go with a huge smile and turned to Mrs. Jang. “Auntie!! I miss you and your cooking.” “Yah, it’s always your stomach that did the talking,” said Wooyoung to his friend.

 

Chansung just smile sheepishly. He then spotted a little boy who was hiding behind Wooyoung’s leg, peeking at him with his big eyes. “Is that Danny?” asked Chansung to Wooyoung. Wooyoung just nodded his head and smiles. “Last time I saw him was the time when I visited you in New York and he is only 8 months old at that time. He had grown up so much. Woo, his eyes really looked like Ni.. Ow!!!” Chansung screamed in pain when Wooyoung steps on his foot.

 

“What was that for?” asked Chansung unsatisfied. Wooyoung just chuckled. “Danny, why are you hiding? Come and greet Uncle Channie. He is the one who give you that teddy bear,” said Wooyoung while pointing the teddy bear that was in Danny’s arm. Danny looked at Chansung and then looked at his daddy, looking confused.

 

“Go ahead, its ok baby,” said Wooyoung, giving his son an assuring smile. Danny slowly made his way to the already kneeling Chansung. “Hello, Uncle Channie,” said Danny with his small voice, bowing politely at Chansung. “Oh my god !! He is so cute Woo!! His cheeks are totally like yours.” Chansung then hugs Danny and carry him in his arm.

 

“Hi Danny! Let’s be a good friend like Uncle Channie and Daddy ok?” “Yes Uncle!” replied Danny with a bright smile. “You’re just so cute, I can almost eat you.” “Hey, my son is not a food ok,” said Wooyoung with a smile. “I know. Hihi. Woo, Auntie, I brought a gift for you.” “Thank you Chansung,” said Mrs. Jang, receiving the gift.

 

“Yah! People usually give flower or something expensive to a friend that they haven’t met for a long time. You give us a basket full of banana?” “It’s not just an ordinary bananas, it’s a top quality banana. Can’t you see how yellow it is?” “Ignore my son Chansung. This is a lovely gift,” said Mrs. Jang. “Hihi..I’m just joking Channie,” said Wooyoung with his silly smile. Danny just looked at them with a cute smile.

 

“I’m sure all of you are tired from your long flight. Come, I’ll drive you to your hotel,” said Chansung while putting Danny down. “Hotel? We’re not going to our house daddy?” asked Danny to his daddy. “Our house needs one week to complete its renovation and furnishing. So, we will be staying at the hotel for a while ok?” Danny nodded his head with a smile.

 

It only takes 30 minutes to reach the hotel. They will be staying at the JW Marriot Seoul for the whole week. Throughout the drive, Danny who was seating on Wooyoung’s laps looked really excited looking at the new environment. He is also was deep in his though when a sound of stomach grumbling wakes him up.

 

Wooyoung glance at his son ad saw the small boy is playing with the hem of Wooyoung shirt. “Daddy, I’m hungry. Can we stop somewhere to eat?” the small boy was looking at Wooyoung with his shining big eyes, and a pout for a better effect. “Of course we can baby. How about chicken porridge?” asked Wooyoung to his son. Danny just answered with an excited nod.

 

“Channie, do you remember that great chicken porridge restaurant? Is it still opened? How about we eat there before going to the hotel?” asked Wooyoung. “I thought you never asked. I’m starving.” “Uhm boys, I think I cannot go. Woo, I need to go to my office and meet my staff right now,” said Mrs. Jang. “But mom, don’t you want to eat first?” asked Wooyoung worriedly. “I’ll eat with my staff later. Can you just drop me at my office Chansung?” “As you wish, Mrs. Jang.”

 

After dropping Mrs. Jang at her office, all three of them went straight to the restaurant. “We’ll have three chicken porridges and three iced lemon tea please,” said Wooyoung to the waitress. “Wait, I want to add something. One spicy octopus bibimbap and one seafood pancake please,” said Chansung hurriedly. Wooyoung and Danny just stared at Chansung in awe. “What? I’m hungry,” said Chansung defensively.

 

Their food came and Chansung quickly dig his food. Wooyoung on the other hand feed his son first. The porridge was hot so he blew on it to cool it down before feeding it to his son. Chansung lifted his head from his food and see his friend feeding his son, wiping that little mouth whenever there is a smudge. His fragile and sensitive friend has really grown up and mature and just by looking at them one time, people can really see that Danny really adore his daddy. The sight in front of him suddenly reminded him back about Wooyoung sad and gloomy day in the past.

 

THE PAST

 

Wooyoung was walking through the school hallway with his hand full with books when suddenly someone ran through him, making his books fell. “Yah nerd! Are you blind? Can’t you see where you going?” Victoria was yelling at Wooyoung. Wooyoung on the other hand just keep his head down, picking up his books. He didn’t feel like talking back at her because he knew it’s just a waste of time.

 

Victoria was still nagging in front of him when suddenly there was a pair of hand helping him picking up the book. Wooyoung lifted his head and he was shocked to find it was Nichkhun. Nichkhun and Wooyoung eyes locked to each other for quite some times when Victoria high pitch voice interrupted their moment.

 

“Khun! Why are you helping that nerd? It’s me who you should care about. He is the one who ran into me!” Nichkhun ignores her and still looking at Wooyoung. This is the first time after in months that Nichkhun and Wooyoung was this close. Nichkhun really missed him. “Khun! Can’t you hear me??” “Vic, please. Say sorry to Wooyoung. I saw just now, you’re the one who bumped into him because you’re talking on your phone,” said Nichkhun softly.

 

Victoria eyes are widen in shocked. She cannot believe Nichkhun asked her to say sorry to Wooyoung. “I’m not going to say sorry to him!” “Vic, please.” “No!” Victoria then just leaves Nichkhun and Wooyoung there. Wooyoung just watched everything awkwardly.

 

“Uhm, I better go. Sorry for causing trouble between you and your girlfriend. I think you better go and look for her,” said Wooyoung, getting ready to leave the place. Nichkhun quickly grabbed Wooyoung’s arm, stopping him. Nichkhun was giving Wooyoung his sad face. “Woo, can I talk with you for a moment?” asked Nichkhun.

 

“I don’t think that will be a good idea. Your girlfriend was not happy seeing you close with me and her mood just now is not that good. I think you should find her,” said Wooyoung gently. “Please Woo, just 5 minutes.” “I’m really late now. I need to meet Chansung at the library.” At the mention of Chansung’s name, Nichkhun lost his patience. He grabbed Wooyoung’s hand, dragging him to the school rooftop.

 

“What is wrong with you? You’re hurting my wrist!” said Wooyoung once they reached the rooftop. “I have to do this because my best friend is ignoring me and doesn’t even want to talk to me!” “Best friend. Huh, you’ve got to be kidding me,” mumbled Wooyoung to himself. He walked quickly wanting to leave the place.

 

However, Nichkhun moved faster than him. NIchkhun grabbed Wooyoung shoulder making Wooyoung facing him. “Why are you kept running away from me? Why are you avoiding me?” Nichkhun was desperate. Desperate to have Wooyoung on his side again. “I have to do this for myself ok!” “Why??!! Do you hate me that much that you cannot stand me anymore?” asked Nichkhun.

 

“I don’t hate you ok!! Please just let me go!” Wooyoung was trying to let himself go but failed. “No! You’re not getting away until you tell me the reason you avoiding me!” Nichkhun grip on Wooyoung’s shoulder tighten. “Why??!!” “Because I love you!!” screamed Wooyoung. Nichkhun was really shocked hearing that. He slowly let Wooyoung go with his eyes continues on Wooyoung.

 

“YES!! I love you!! That’s the reason. Are you happy?!!” Wooyoung was crying hard. “I avoid you because I love you. I don’t want you to know because I know you would never feel the same. I don’t want to jeopardize our friendship.  I want to forget about this feeling and the only way to do that is to avoid you! Now, I’m sure you’re disgusted with me right?” Nichkhun just keeps silence with his eyes open wide.

 

“I knew it. You know what, I don’t think our friendship can be save after this. We should just go our own way. You with your girlfriend and me with my life,” after saying that, Wooyoung quickly leave that place leaving Nichkhun alone. Wooyoung quickly run downstairs and bumped into Chansung. “Woo, what’s wrong?” Chansung was panicking when he see his friend crying. “I’ve told him. I’ve told him. Now he will hate me,” said Wooyoung, sobbing very hard in Chansung embrace. Chansung just hugged Wooyoung tighter, comforting the smaller man.

 

That day, Wooyoung didn’t attend the rest of his class. Chansung brought him to their dorm, letting Wooyoung rest. The smaller guy is like in his own world. He is very quiet. Chansung decided to just let him be. “Maybe he need some time to calm himself,” thought Chansung. “Woo, you just rest. Don’t worry about school. I will tell the teacher you’re not feeling well,” said Chansung to Wooyoung. The smaller has already fallen asleep.

 

Nichkhun on the other hand, is still on the rooftop. He could hardly process everything that just happened. “Wooyoung love me. My good friend loves me.” Nichkhun suddenly remembered everything that Wooyoung had done. How caring and loving he is towards Nichkhun. How he is always there for Nichkhun, forgiving him everytime Nichkhun did something wrong and a lot of other things.

 

“I’ve never thought that’s because he love me.” What’s more confusing for Nichkhun is that, aside from shocked, he is not disgusted, angry or hated Wooyoung’s confession. Quite frankly, he is feeling quite joyous when he found out about that. As he was thinking, rain starting to fall, more and more heavily and Nichkhun just stayed there. Letting the rain drenched his body, bringing some kind of soothing feeling to him, which what he needed.

 

However, that appears to be a bad decision. Nichkhun have a very bad fever the day after. He cannot even go to school that day. His head was in pain, his body was aching and his throat was killing him. He feels really helpless. He needed someone to be there for him. His body and mental is yearning for somebody. In his mind, there is only one name and he decided to call that person.

 

Wooyoung was lying on his bed, his mind wandering somewhere when his phone suddenly rings. Wooyoung picked it up without looking at the caller id. “Hello,” said Wooyoung weakly. “Hello Woo” Wooyoung was frozen when he heard Nichkhun’s hoarse voice at the end of the line. “Woo? I know you’re there. Please say something Woo.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter