Sweet Life

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was Wednesday evening. Wooyoung took the day off that day and now he was on his way to pick up his mother from the airport. Finally after one week of his mother going to the States for her business, his mother is finally home. He and Danny miss her a lot. After parking his car, he and Danny walked to the arrival hall with flower to welcome his mom.

 

 

“Daddy, when is grandma arriving? Danny cannot wait to see her,” said Danny jumping up and down. “She’ll be out in any minutes, baby,” answered Wooyoung with a smile. Precisely 2 minutes later, Wooyoung can see his mom coming out from the arrival hall. Before he can do anything, Danny is already running to her.

 

 

“Grandma! I miss you,” said Danny, hugging Mrs. Jang tightly. Wooyoung then joined the hug, making a hugging circle. “I miss you to boys,” said Mrs. Jang sincerely. “Mom, I’ve already cooked your favourite food. Let’s go home,” said Wooyoung enthusiastically. All three of them happily walked to Wooyoung’s car and go home.

 

 

 

While Wooyoung was driving, Danny sat on his grandma laps, asking so many questions about her trip. Wooyoung just smile looking at how his mother without failed answered all the questions lovingly. “Daddy, will Daddy Khun come and have dinner with us and grandma?” asked Danny innocently. At that question, Wooyoung choked on his saliva and starts coughing hard that he had to stop his car at the roadside.

 

 

His mother looked at Wooyoung full of question. “Daddy Khun?” asked his mother curiously. When his cough subsides, he finally begin to talked. “Mom, I have something to tell you. But, I think we better talked about it at home,” said Wooyoung. His mother just nodded her head while Danny looked at the two adult full of interest.

 

 

 

Once they reached home, Danny raced to the living room to watch his favourite cartoon while Wooyoung went to the kitchen to prepare his mother a drink. When Wooyoung turned around, his mother is already sitting on the kitchen chair, looking at him. “Wooyoung, do you have anything to say to me?” said his mother softly. Wooyoung took a deep breath before sitting in front of his mother with his cheeks blushing slightly.

 

 

“Uhm….something happened when you were away.” “I’ve notice. So, what happen Woo?” Wooyoung started to tell his mother everything that happened from the day he bumped into Nichkhun at the mall to the incident at Jeju and how Nichkhun spending his night recently at their house. His mother just listens to everything loyally. “So, now Nichkhun and his parents knew about Danny and they want us to join them to their trip back to Busan where Nichkhun want to introduced Danny to them,” said Wooyoung, lowering his head.

 

 

“So, are you back together now with Nichkhun?” asked his mother straightforward. Wooyoung’s cheeks were burning at that question. “No mom. I don’t know about my feeling right now. I do love him but I don’t want to be hurt,” said Wooyoung while looking at his mother. Just by looking at his eyes, Mrs. Jang can see how insecure her son feels. So, she does what she thinks the best for her son. Mrs. Jang slowly stands up and walked to Wooyoung and stand in front of him. She cupped Wooyoung’s face and looked at Wooyoung gently.

 

 

“Son, I’m very proud of you that you willing to move on and tell Nichkhun about Danny. As for your feeling, don’t fight it. Give yourself a chance and live happily with him. I know you want to.” Wooyoung just looked at his mother and begin to tear. “Don’t be scared to love, son. Embrace it. I will always be on your side.” Wooyoung finally broke down. He hugged his mother tight, pouring all the feeling and the emotion inside him. His mother just his back, showering him with comforting words.

 

 

When Wooyoung let go of his mother, he was shocked to see his little prince running to the kitchen with a panic face. “Daddy! Why are you crying?? Daddy??” Danny was running to Wooyoung and hugged him tightly. Wooyoung hugged Danny back and smile softly. “Nothing, baby. I’m just happy that grandma is back. I miss her terribly.” Danny kissed Wooyoung cheeks repeatedly.”Don’t cry daddy. When grandma is not here, you will always have Danny.” Wooyoung smile brightly, lucky to have a son like Danny.

 

 

Their moment was interrupted when Mrs. Jang break the silence. “Danny, why don’t you call Daddy Khun and invites him to have dinner with us tonight.” Danny looked at his grandma happily while Wooyoung just stare at his mother wide. “What? I just wanted to see my future son-in-law,” said his mother teasingly. Wooyoung cheeks turned bright red at that word. “Daddy, come let’s get your phone. I want to call Daddy Khun,” said Danny, pulling Wooyoung hands to the living room, leaving Mrs. Jang standing alone at the kitchen. “Finally, his happiness has come. Thank you god,” mumbled Mrs. Jang while smiling.

 

 

Once seated in the living room, Danny quickly climbed Wooyoung’s laps and asking for his daddy to call his Daddy Khun impatiently. As his son wish, Wooyoung called Nichkhun and Nichkhun picked it up skortly. “Hello love,” “Stop saying embarrassing thing,” said Wooyoung which only make Nichkhun chuckled. “Why are you calling me Woo? Do you miss me?” joked Nichkhun.

 

 

Wooyoung clears his throat before starts talking. “Your son was the one insisting me to call you. He wanted to say something. Wait, I pass the phone to him.” “Hello, Daddy Khun,” said Danny cheerfully. “Hi, my baby. Daddy said you wanted to talk to me?” “Grandma wanted me to ask you to come and have dinner with us together. You will come right Daddy Khun?” “Really? I will be glad to.” “Yay!! I cannot wait to see you.” “Me too precious.” “Ok, Daddy Khun. Me and Daddy will wait for you tonight. Daddy asked Danny to hang up because you are working. Bye-bye, Daddy Khun!” “Bye-bye, baby.”

 

 

“Happy?” asked Wooyoung to his son. Danny nodded his head vigorously. “Of course, Daddy. I got to see Daddy Khun tonight.Uhm….daddy, why Daddy Khun didn’t live with us?” asked Danny innocently. Wooyoung just his son’s cheeks. “Uhm….because Danny just reunite with Daddy Khun recently right? So, we need time to adjust before that. Plus, if we live with Daddy Khun, grandma will be alone.”

 

 

“We can asked grandma to live with us, or asked Daddy Khun to live here.” “There is a lot of think need to be settled first Danny. But don’t worry. It will happen sooner or later.” Danny just nodded his head cutely, as if he understands what his daddy is talking about. “Now, shouldn’t you go to shower? You don’t want to smell bad when Daddy Khun hug you right?” said Wooyoung, teasing his son.

 

 

Danny quickly jumped off the couch and running to Wooyoung’s room. But he quickly turned back, dragging Wooyoung together. “Daddy needs to shower too because Daddy Khun will hug daddy too.” Wooyoung cannot say anything but just follow his son.

 

 

Around 8pm, Nichkhun arrived at the Jang’s residence feeling a bit nervous because this is the first time he would face Mrs. Jang after so long. He didn’t know whether the older women will accept him because after all Wooyoung had suffered because of him. After parking his car, he took the flower placed on the passenger seat and slowly made his way to the door.

 

 

After ringing the bell, the door was opened shortly afterwards revealing Mrs. Jang with Wooyoung holding Danny behind her. “He…hello Auntie, it..it’s nice to finally see you,” said Nichkhun stuttering. Mrs. Jang looked at him intently before breaking into a warm smile that makes Nichkhun sighed in relieve. “Hi Khun. It’s nice to see you. I see you’re getting handsome.” Nichkhun just bowed feeling embarrassed.

 

 

“Is that for me or for Wooyoung?” aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter