The Start Of Something New

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

 

“Wait daddy!” stopped Danny when they were about to leave the room. He dashed to Nichkhun and gives a peck on Nichkhun’s cheek. “Rest well Uncle Khun,” said the small boy before leaped into Wooyoung’s arm again and went out of the room. Nichkhun feels beyond happy right now. Although Wooyoung still haven’t forgives him, but where he is right now is the next best thing. Nichkhun fell asleep with a smile on his face.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Nickkhun woke up from the sweetest slumber that he had ever had for the past four years. He opened his eyes slowly, smiling as he feels that his headache has subsides though his temperature is still quite high. He looked at the clock on the wall and see that he had slept for three hours and it’s already 5PM right now. It was still raining heavily outside.

 

Nichkhun feels a pair of eyes looking at his so he turned his head to his side as see his adorable son on the bed, lying on his stomach with the pacifier of his milk bottle still in his mouth, looking at him with his huge eyes. The feeling of having his son lying beside him with such an adorable expression cannot help but making Nichkhun lips break into a huge smile.

 

“Hi there,” said Nichkhun with a smile. He turned his body facing Danny. “You’re awake, Uncle Khun. How are you feeling now?” asked Danny cutely. “I’m ok precious. Thanks to you and your daddy. Speaking of which, where is your daddy?” asked Nichkhun when he feels that the house is very quiet, with no trace of Wooyoung anywhere.

 

“Daddy is downstairs, in his working room, dong his work, Uncle Khun. Daddy told me to stay with Uncle Khun in case Uncle Khun needed anything. Do you need anything Uncle Khun?” asked Danny. Nichkhun was happy because although Wooyoung is still hasn’t forgive him, he still care about him. “I’m fine Danny. I don’t need anything. How about you precious? You looked sleepy,” said Nichkhun when he see his son sleepy eyes.

 

Danny nodded his head. “Danny is a bit sleepy, Uncle Khun. But, Danny wanted to wait for Daddy.” “Wait for daddy? Why?” asked Nichkhun curiously. Danny slowly sits. He looked down, playing with his finger, with his cheeks blushing. “You looked 100% like Wooyoung, my son,” thought Nichkhun with a smile. He caressed Danny’s cheeks gently. “What’s wrong baby?”

 

“Uhmmm…Danny likes to sleep on Daddy’s chest. Daddy will usually let Danny sleep on his chest first then only after Danny sleep, Daddy will put Danny on bed,” confessed Danny shyly. “Don’t be shy. It’s normal for a small kids like Danny to do that,” said Nichkhun, comforting his son. “Really?” Danny’s expression turns bright. Nichkhun just nodded.

 

“Daddy’s chest is really comfortable. It’s warm and when Danny’s sick, sleeping on daddy’s chest makes Danny feels better,” said Danny with a huge smile. Nichkhun can see how much his son really adore and love Wooyoung. He only hopes that he will be given a chance to be that kind of person to Danny. “Since daddy is busy with his work, why don’t Danny sleeps on Uncle Khun’s chest?” suggest Nichkhun.

 

Danny looked up to him with a very cute expression. Nichkhun got up, place a pillow on the headboard and then place his back on it. “Come,” said Nichkhun with a smile. Danny just looked at him curiously. “Uncle Khun’s chest might not be as comfortable as daddy, but I promise it will give Danny a good sleep,” said Nichkhun. He tries to make his son comfortable and used to him.

 

Danny slowly moves closer to Nichkhun with his teddy. As he moves, he looked at Nichkhun’s face, as if asking for reassurance. Nichkhun just smile and pat his chest. Danny slowly sat on Nichkhun laps and put his head on top of Nichkhun’s chest. Danny looks awkward at first but as Nichkhun slowly pat the boy’s back, Danny eventually becomes more relax.

 

At only took 10 minutes for Danny to fall asleep on Nichkhun’s chest. He hugs the small body gently, burying his nose in the small boy hair. His eyes begin to water and slowy, tears makes its way to his cheeks. Nichkhun is silently crying. Yesterday, he was a lost soul, with no one in his life, but today, he has his son, sleeping soundly in his arm. The reality has changed and it was for the better.

 

Wooyoung finally finished his work and email his superior all the Jeju project paperworks and update. He switched off his laptop and made his way out of his working room. He looked outside the window. The rain is still pouring heavily. “Looks like he is sleeping here tonight,” muttered Wooyoung with a sigh. He suddenly remembered about his son, so he made his way to his room.

 

The door was opened a little, so, instead of pushing the door wider, he decides to take a peek first. The scene in front of his eyes makes Wooyoung heart twisted and his eyes is on the verge of tears. In front of him, he can see Danny, sleeping on top of Nichkhun chest, with Nichkhun hugging the little boy while crying. “I am being too cruel to him?” whispered Wooyoung to himself. Instead of going inside the room, Wooyoung went to the bathroom and spilled his tears there.

 

Around 15 minutes after that, Wooyoung made his way to Danny’s room and locked himself there. He reached his phone that was inside his pocket and called Chansung. “Channie, am I being too cruel?” asked Wooyoung while sobbing the moment his friend picked up his phone. “Woo? What’s wrong? What happened?” asked Chansung worriedly.

 

Wooyoung breakdown even more when he heard Chansung worried voice. He told everything that had happened for the past few days until the present to Chansung while sobbing. Chansung just listen to every word said by his friend like a loyal friend he is. Wooyoung continue rambling and knowing Wooyoung for so long, Wooyoung can feel how confused his friend is.

 

“Wooyoung, calm down and breathe,” said Chansung calmly. Wooyoung finally stop his rambling and Chansung can hear he take a deep breath. “Wooyoung…” “Yes,” answered Wooyoung with his shaken voice. “I’m going to ask you one question and I want you to answer it sincerely. Stop thinking about anything else and just answer that question, ok?” “Ok…”

 

“Do you still love Khun?” Chansung was greeted with silence. “Woo?” “Channie….” “Just answer that question Woo. Do you still love him?” asked Chansung. He can hear Wooyoung taking a deep breath before answering it. “I do…. I still love him.” Chansung just smile hearing his best friend confession. “With that you just answered all of your problems Woo.”

 

“Huh?” asked Wooyoung confused. “Give that guy a chance to redeem himself Woo. You and Nichkhun belong to each other. Can’t you see it? No matter how many times you try to avoid him, you always ended together. Both of you are destined to be with each other, Woo. Stop torturing yourself. Give yourself a chance to be happy. Give Danny a chance to be with his father. Give Nichkhun a chance to build a happy family with you and Danny,” said Chansung gently.

 

“But….but..I don’t want to get hurt anymore,” said Wooyoung with a sad voice. “Woo, that things is in the past. Both you and him were still teenagers on that time. It’s different now. I know Nichkhun regret everything he said and do to you that time. Trust me, Woo. Do you know how much he cried everytime I talked about you in the past? Back when you left, he spent every day locked in his room, after school, crying his eyes out. Even recently, when he met me, he cried Woo. He is also suffering everyday Woo. Give him a chance.”

 

Wooyoung was silence and just hear everything Chansung said. “I’m not forcing you to accept him, Woo. But, I know you and I know him. Both of you need each other. Let everything in the past go. Give him a chance to prove to you how much you and Danny matters to him. Stop thinking about the past. Think about the present. Ok Woo?” “Ok….” “Good boy. Think about everything I said. Move forward.” “I will. Thanks Channie.” “You’re welcome Woo.”

 

Wooyoung hang up the phone and spend around 30 minutes, calming himself down before going downstairs. He looked at the clock and see it’s already 7.30pm. “I should start making dinner then,” thought Wooyoung. He made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. His body is feeling a bit tired so he decided to just make spaghetti for dinner, burying in mind that he has to cook for three people instead of two like usual.

 

Nichkhun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter