Broken Memories

I Want Her As My Boyfriend!

 

Taeyeon: He’s your boyfriend?

Tiffany: Was!

Taeyeon: Why’d you never tell me about it?

Tiffany: Is that really important!?

Taeyeon: Maybe not for you, but it is to me!

Tiffany: Why?

Taeyeon: (start looking elsewhere) ..no reason.

Tiffany: Like I said..nothing pleasant come to mind or my mouth when talking about that bastard.

Taeyeon: Are you dumped by him?

Tiffany: Isn’t that obvious!?

Taeyeon: Mianhae.. neo gwaenchana?

Tiffany: Nan gwaenchana! Geumanhae, Taeyeon-ah..no more questions, please..

Taeyeon: ..is that the case..what should we be worried about him and..

Tiffany: He’s a playboy, alright! A bad one! A very bad one!!.... There!... Happy..?

Taeyeon: ..Tiff, why are you crying?

Tiffany: How could I? He never tell me the reason he left me..Just a sad farewell..

Taeyeon: (hug Tiffany) ..okay, that’s enough. I ..don’t want to hear it anymore..I’m sorry I asked.

Tiffany: (ignore Taeyeon’s word).. he treat me..like a trash that night! He even throw things at me. Why did he do that..?

Taeyeon: (look at Tiffany face) ..what..did he ..do ..now?

Tiffany: Promise me ..I won’t see his face again..it hurts..everytime I..see him

Taeyeon: I promise ..now, I think you should rest ..I wake you up in 2 hours. You look tired. Don’t cry anymore..it doesn’t suit you.

Tiffany: ..okay.

Taeyeon: (left the room) ..the only way to know the whole story is by ...Jessica.

 

Taeyeon: ..um, can I speak to Jessica please?

Jessica: Yes, I’m speaking..what’s..

Taeyeon: Tell me all about Yesung and Tiffany!

Jessica: (take the phone of her ears and look at it for awhile) ..yah! Michyeonni!? Why do you want to know about that!?

Taeyeon: It’s important.

Jessica: Well, my drama is showing its last episode and to me, that is important. So, how about ..

Taeyeon: Yesung know one of our friend and now he’s about to join our study group! ..with Tiff!

Jessica: (suprised) ..wa..what!? He’s not in the same school as you guys!

Taeyeon: Yes, he is!

Jessica: That’s impossible. The last time I hear, his parents moved to America..what is he doing here?

Taeyeon: You guys lost contact?

Jessica: Contact? I barely know that guy! The only one he talks to is Tiff. He didn’t even say “hi” to me whenever we met!

Taeyeon: ..no wonder.

Jessica: But, now he’s there..(yell) what the heck is he doing there!?

Taeyeon: I’m asking the same question here. But, he’s kinda close to our friend, Seohyun.

Jessica: Seohyun? She’s your classmate, right?

Taeyeon: You know?

Jessica: Yeah, Tiff once tell me about her. Is she..interested in him?

Taeyeon: Not sure, but she’s backing him up when me and Tiff disagree to let Yesung joined the study group. Seohyun suddenly went rogue! ..never see her like that before.

Jessica: Figures much.

Taeyeon: So, gonna tell me the story?

Jessica: About what? The last episode?

Taeyeon: No! About Tiff and Yesung..

Jessica: Well, you never saw Tiffany before, right?

Taeyeon: Yeah, so?

Jessica: We just moved in last year. Before then, me, Yesung and Tiff were in the same school before.

They know each other because me and Yesung was on the same class. Tiff was 2 classroom away from mine. As time goes by, Yesung start to show interest in Tiff because she always walk with me from class to the cafeteria during breaks. And you already know the rest of the story.

(Taeyeon is grabbing the phone really hard and silently hear the story)

Jessica: ..are you there?

Taeyeon: (suprised) Ah, yes. Continue..

Jessica: Yesung was a friendly guy, at least towards girls. But, not all girls, at least not to me. So, he always mistaken as a playboy. But, that doesn’t seem to bother both of them. One day, Yesung take Tiff to a dinner..that’s when things get bad..really bad.

 (flashback)

Tiffany: Hey, you’re late.

Yesung: Is that a problem?

Tiffany: (taken aback) ..no! I just..

Yesung: Anything more you want to say? Maybe I’m not good enough for you. Oh, maybe because I’m not as rich as you expected me to be, right?

Tiffany: What..are you talking about?

Yesung: Nothing much. Just everything that’s been going through on my mind lately. Got a problem?

Tiffany: Come on, ..stop joking. Let’s eat, okay?

Yesung: Sure, sure, let’s. Ah, and don’t worry, I’ll pay. Maybe then you’ll appreciate me more after this.

Tiffany: I never asked you to..

Yesung: Of course you don’t. You already know how this game works. You date me, I give you money, you buy all things that you want. When I’m broke..well..

Tiffany: Don’t be rude!

Yesung: Shut it! (throw a glass of water next to him at Tiff face). Oh no, your dress is wet, here, take this! (search his pocket for money and throw it at Tiff face) This should cover it, right? Ah, I’m sorry, but I think you need to find yourself a ride home. I don’t want my car fill with “trash”.

(Yesung left the place, leaving Tiff crying alone. All the people in there start talking back at her)

People 1: Aish, what a gold digger! Honey, don’t be like that, okay?

People 2: This kind of people should just die already.

People 3: When is she gonna leave? Ah, my eyes hurts just seeing her.

(end of flashback)

Taeyeon: (closed with her hands) ..what?

Taeyeon: He did that..in front of everyone?

Jessica: (sigh) ..yes. That’s why I didn’t want to tell you earlier! ..it’s so painful, for Tiff. She came home that night and cried all night long in our room. She didn’t eat or get out of room for a week! That's when my dad decided to transfer her to another school. It's kinda funny how Yesung ended up thinking Tiff as a gold digger..jerk!

Taeyeon: ..I think I heard enough..thanks, Jess.

Jessica: What are you gonna..hello? hello?

Taeyeon: (look at her bedroom upstairs) ..Tiff, I shouldn’t ask that..(slowly falling on the floor while leaning on the wall, crying)

(The next day, at school)

Tiffany: Hi, Tae! How are you today?

Taeyeon: (look at Tiff with a sad eye) ..are you?

Tiffany: (laugh) What’s wrong with you?

Taeyeon: Nothing .. it’s just that..I don’t want to see you cry.

Tiffany: I’m okay. Don’t worry (smile)

Taeyeon: Jeongmal?

Tiffany: Of course! But, you can pay for my food today hahaha

Taeyeon: Hey..

(at class, alone with Seohyun)

Taeyeon: Hey, listen. I’m sorry about yesterday. I’m being so harsh on your friend..

Seohyun: No, it’s okay. I think it was wrong of me to suddenly back him up yesterday..

Taeyeon: (laugh) No need to say anything..

Seohyun: If you want, we can sort this out. Okay, so Yesung and I will start at 6.30 p.m, so I think if we start at..

Taeyeon: (suddenly banging the table with both her hand) Stop that! This is not a discussion. You can study with him if you want.

Seohyun: (smile) Really?

Taeyeon: Yes, but know this. You want him, you let us go. In fact, don’t! Let me make it easy for you..we’re done with you. Okay? Have fun with that guy! (swipe all the things on Seohyun’s table on the floor)

(Seohyun is speechless, just start to cry while picking all her stuff on the floor..)

Seohyun: (cry) What did ..I do? ..