Three Words In Three Day - Part 10

I Want Her As My Boyfriend!

(the next day..)

Tiffany: (on the phone) Hello, Tae? Do you want to hang out?

Taeyeon: Sorry, Tiff. I’ve got something really important I got to do today. Maybe tomorrow?

Tiffany: But tomorrow we’ll be meeting that guy you talked about~ (sigh)

Taeyeon: I’m really sorry, Tiff. This is really important.

Tiffany: Is it .. Sunny?

Taeyeon: How do you ..

Tiffany: Jessica told me yesterday. She’s really mad at you. Are you guys getting along?

Taeyeon: With Jess? Maybe later. Right now, I need to settle things with Sunny first.

Tiffany: Don’t fight because of me. I don’t want you guys to be like this because of me. She’s your best friend, Tae~ 

Taeyeon: (sigh) I know! Unfortunately I didn’t know soon enough to stop me from fight with her yesterday.

Tiffany: I heard you guys were punching and stuff. Is it true?

Taeyeon: Kinda. But the highlight of that night was when Jess were scolded by the police for making a prank call. (laugh)

Tiffany: (laugh) I know, right? Among all things she can do at that moment..(sigh) Ah~ Jess. I’ll talk to her for you, okay? Go and meet Sunny!

Taeyeon: Thanks! You’re a good friend! Wish me luck!

Tiffany: Sure~fighting!

Taeyeon: (getting up from bed) Today I need all the luck in the world. I could lose ...someone important...to me. Ah! Forget it! Taeyeon! You can do it! Believe in yourself! Hmph!

(somewhere on the street..)

Taeyeon: How much is this?

Salesman: It’s 10000won.

Taeyeon: Ah~here it is.

Salesman: Why are you buying a lilac? Only guys buy this, you know? As in boyfriends..

Taeyeon: This person I want to give this flower to, well, she’s just as important.

Salesman: She? Hmm, is she your friend?

Taeyeon: I don’t know. But I’m about to find out when I give this to her.

Salesman: Okay, then. Take it. It’s on the house!

Taeyeon: Really!?

Salesman: Only if you tell me what happen today to me tomorrow.Okay?

Taeyeon: But I barely know you.

Salesman: But I know you. I mean, I don’t really know you, but my wife told me this, anyone who buys flower from me, that mean they’re one loving person. Even though my wife was talking about love for the plant, but I think it can be applied in your situation as well...I think. (laugh)

Taeyeon: Maybe I should buy from you flowers often.

Salesman: But next time, it’s not gonna be free! No matter what the situation!

Taeyeon: What? Hey..

Salesman: I need to make a living! Curse the day my wife bought that 3D TV! 

Taeyeon: How much is that?

Salesman: :Let’s just say if she do it again, I’m gonna find a new wife.

Taeyeon: (laugh awkwardly) I really shouldn’t asked that, did I?

Salesman: Yeah..see, now we’re friends!

Taeyeon: (laugh) ...no, we’re not. (serious face)

Salesman: (awkward) Anyway~ ...good luck. Whatever it is you want to do the flower.

Taeyeon: Thanks! (walking out from the shop) Hello? Can I speak to Sunny?

Sunny’s Mom: She’s not home. Who is this?

Taeyeon: It’s me, ommo-nim~ Taeyeon! How are you?

Sunny’s Mom: Oh, Tae~ it’s been awhile. Where have you been? Sunny is bored to death at home these days. Don’t you guys hang out anymore?

Taeyeon: Actually, today I’m going to do just that. Where is she?

Sunny’s Mom: Well, she said to me that she was going to her old school. Don’t know which one.

Taeyeon: Okay, thanks. That’ll be enough. Annyeong~ If I guess this right, then maybe even fate want us to be friends again. 

(at the school..)

Taeyeon: This place... I hate it so much. Nothing good ever come from it. Even now I still got goose bump when... ah! What am I babbling about? I should find Sunny.

(30 minutes later..)

Taeyeon: Where is she!? (sigh) She must’ve left. Argh! I won’t give up! Hello? Ommo-nim? Is Sunny’s home?

Sunny’s mom: No, not yet. Have you meet her?

Taeyeon: On my way. Don’t worry. Bye~ Where’s is she? (walking around) Ah! She’s over there! I should’ve known. Of course! Our hideout~ 

Sunny: What am I doing here? My heart says it needs to be here. But why? Maybe I can’t still forget the past..the old Tae~ (teary eyes) Ah~ it’s all for the best I think. Everyone needs to move on.

Taeyeon: (walking towards Sunny from behind but suddenly stop) Sunny..

Sunny: Ah, I’m already crying? (wiping her tears) What’s wrong with me? Don’t do this to yourself, Sunny. She’s finally happy..maybe even happier when she was with you. Yeah, that’s right! I shouldn’t be like this towards her..I can’t mad if she’s happy without me.

Taeyeon: (put her hand on Sunny’s shoulder) Sunny-ah~

Sunny: (hold Taeyeon’s hand) Yes, Tae? (close her mouth with her hands due to shock) Ah! T-Tae? W-what are you doing here? Don’t get me wrong!! I-I was just.. I was just.. 

Taeyeon: I’m sorry, Sunny.

Sunny: W-what are you talking about? “What am I talking about? Why do I even asked her that question?” 

Taeyeon: (hug Sunny from behind) Sunny-ah~ I... I’m so sorry!! I was ...I was stupid!! I really don’t mean it that way the other day ..I’m..I don’t.. want to lose you.. 

Sunny: W-what? Ae~ what happened the other day? “Ah! This act needs to stop! But..I don’t know how to respond!!” 

Taeyeon: I forgot that you’re the one who stick with me..no, the one that have the urge to become my friend..my sister.. I realise it now. I was ungrateful, me! I ...forgot the person that always walk with me to school and back home everyday. I forgot the person that always got my back even though I have nothing to give back as return. I also forgot the person that give me the strength to walk on this earth, without shame and fear. The one that hold my hands when I’m down..

Sunny: (teary eyes) That’s enough, Tae~ I ..I forgive you. I was ...stupid as well back then. Stupid enough to think that you’ve forgotten our friendship. Stupid enough to think that I’ve no place inside your heart. Stupid enough ...to think that even for a second, I was ... not there, with you.

Taeyeon: (teary eyes) You’re always there, Sunny. You’re the one that change me to be a better person. The reason I’ve so many friends ...was because of you too. Now and then ...I kinda missed you, Sunny. 

Sunny: (wiping up her tears) With that.. I think (sigh) we should ...go back home.

Taeyeon: W-what?

Sunny: It’s getting dark.

Taeyeon: But, are you..

Sunny: I already told you. I forgive you.

Taeyeon: Really? (wiping up her tears) I promise I’ll never leave you again. From today onwards, we will hang out together like we used to!

Sunny: Promise? (showing her pinky)

Taeyeon: Promise! 

Sunny: Yah! You punched me really hard that day, you know?

Taeyeon: (smile) Sorry for that. 

Sunny: That’s okay. I’m proud of you. Knowing that you can protect yourself from now on, I can sleep well at night saying to myself that I’ve done a good job!!

Taeyeon: Well, you are..

(Taeyeon and Sunny left the school and went back to Taeyeon’s house for dinner, like they used to. Taeyeon’s mom welcomed Sunny like a family and cook favorite dish. )