A Deal To Save A Girl

I Want Her As My Boyfriend!

(after 5 minutes)

Sunny: It look like she’s calmed down. Maybe I was too harsh on her. I should open the door first. Tae?

(Taeyeon is sitting at a corner crying with her face covered)

Taeyeon: Areyou happy now? My only chance, to fix things right, and you don’t even care, do  you?

Sunny: This is not the right time. You need to trust me.

Taeyeon: I sick of that word. I won’t trust anyone. Look what ‘trust’ have brought me. Nothing but ..this.

Sunny: (brushing Taeyeon’s hair with her hand) Tae..

Taeyeon: (shove Sunny’s hand away) Whatever, right? Its not like that one call can make a difference. I try to bring myself out of the friendzone, and this happen.

Sunny: Where’s the old Tae that used to be positive and optimistic? Huh?

Taeyeon: That person, ..is weak. Foolish enough to trust people. Like you. I give up, on life as well, it seems.

Sunny: Don’t do that! Think about your mom and Krystal! What would they do without you?

Taeyeon: (smirk) The duty of an eldest daughter, always sacrifice herself for the family..but not the other way around, right?

Sunny: What are you talking about?

Taeyeon: You wouldn’t understand. I’m going to take a shower. You..do whatever you feel like doing. That’s what you’ve been doing today anyway, right?

Sunny: ....

Taeyeon: Hmph, whatever.

(Taeyeon walk out from the room and go downstairs. Sunny tidy up the bed and open up the window)

Sunny: The weather look so nice today. And yet, there’s a girl that can’t enjoy it. How funny life is. I think I keep this a secret from Tae’s mom and Krystal first.

(after 10 minutes)

(Taeyeon come in with a hairdryer on her hand and a towel on the other.)

Taeyeon: Oh, you’re still here?

Sunny: Taeyeon, please. Don’t be like this.

Taeyeon: Like what? You wanted me to be strong, right? That’s what I’m doing right now.

Sunny: It look more like you’re ignoring me and trying to chase me away.

Taeyeon: Ah, and that too! Glad you get the point. The door is just over there. Leave when you feel like it, okay? (smile)

Sunny: “Why does her smile looks like she’s dying inside?” I...go now.

Taeyeon: Okay.

Sunny: Call me if you need anything, okay? Promise me that.

(Taeyeon just look at Sunny without replying to her. )

(outside..)

Sunny: (sigh) Poor Tae. I got to do this. (calling someone..) Hello, can I meet you? At the coffee shop nearby. Okay, thanks.

(Just when Sunny’s about to leave for the coffee shop, she turn her back and look at Taeyeon’s room. She can see that Taeyeon’s is just gazing out at the window.)

Sunny: “I’ll fix this, Tae.”

(at the coffee shop)

Sunny: Over here!

Tiffany: So, why are we here again?

Sunny: Try to sound like you care for Taeyeon, at least. I thought you both are friends.

Tiffany: That’s what I thought too, at first. After that little incident earlier, I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s just too bizzare!

Sunny: Her love for you is bizzare? Yah, aren’t you feeling guilty at all?

Tiffany: Why? Because I ‘reject’ her?

Sunny: You didn’t just do that. You ‘killed’ her..literally. She’s at her home right now, and kept on talking like she doesn’t want to live in this world anymore. Are you happy now!?

Tiffany: Why are you putting the blame on me!? I just did something out of logic!

Sunny: Cuz she’s a girl?

Tiffany: I mean..yeah, what else? If a girl come confess to you, what would you do?

Sunny: I certainly wouldn’t do what you did.

Tiffany: That’s been hypocrite! We both know we never find out if whether you will keep your word!

Sunny: Yeah, I guess we won’t , huh?

Tiffany: Look, if you come here to argue about this, I think we’re done here.

Sunny: Oh, no you don’t. You see, I’m not as easy as Taeyeon. You will stay here until we sort out this matter, understand?

Tiffany: If you really want to do that, then start acting like it.

Sunny: Okay, first thing first. Do you like her?

Tiffany: No.

Sunny: Okay, if you either one of you are a boy?

Tiffany: What is this? I don’t –

Sunny: Answer the question!

Tiffany: ...maybe.

Sunny: Maybe? Man, you just make her look like a garbage in your eyes.

Tiffany: Don’t turn my words into false statement, Sunny!

Sunny: Then don’t give me answer like ‘maybe’ or ‘I think so’ .. okay!?

Tiffany: Okay. Yes. Yes I will.

Sunny: Then we’re done here.

Tiffany: Huh?

Sunny: You are gonna give her another chance on this.

Tiffany: W-what?

Sunny: You heard me. If you think this things can’t work out. I ..she, gonna prove you wrong. We made a bet, and if I win, you be her girlfriend..or whatever it is.

Tiffany: This is insanity! Are you threatening me?

Sunny: I have nothing to threat you to. It’s your call. But, if I lose, I make sure she doesn’t bother you again. Do we have a deal?

Tiffany: Hmmm..

(at Taeyeon’s house)

Sunny: Hello? Is anybody home?

Mom: Oh, hi Sunny! Oh, and Tiffany too! Welcome, welcome!

Tiffany: Hi..how are you?

Sunny: Act more natural. We have a deal, don’t we?

Tiffany: I’m not comfortable with this.

Mom: What are you chatting over there?

Sunny: Oh, nothing. We’ll be coming in now. Is Taeyeon around?

Krystal: Oh, she’s upstairs. Um, hey? Did something happen today? Taeyeon look kinda down. I never see her like this before.

Sunny: Well.. I can give you some names.

Krystal: Huh?

Tiffany: Um, it’s nothing! Right, Sunny? Let’s just go upstairs! Nice to see you, Krystal!

Krystal: Hmm? Since when those two are friends?

Tiffany: Yah! I thought we had a deal! Why are you spilling up the beans?

Sunny: Because that’s not one of the agreement in the deal.

Tiffany: You twisted person!

Sunny: Oh, come on. I bet you’re on a level higher that me on that.

Tiffany: ...

Sunny: Let’s just go in. Tae? I brought someone..Tae? Where is she?

Tiffany: What is this?

“Mom, I’ll be going on a trip with my friends, a long one. I might not be back for a few days. Don’t wait for me. I might not come back at all.” – Taeyeon