The Reasons We're Together

I Want Her As My Boyfriend!

 

Tiffany: Let’s go to the balcony first..

Taeyeon: Okay..

 

(at the balcony)

 

Tiffany: I..I come from a rich family, you know that right?

Taeyeon: Yeah..what that has to do ..

Tiffany: (while looking at the sky) ..do you like the way you live..I mean with your family and all..

Taeyeon: Yeah, kinda. There are my life, after all. This teenage life can get really stressful, ya know?

Tiffany: (short laugh) Yeah,.. it must be nice, you seem to have good people around you.

Taeyeon: It seems to me that you too have a something to say about your life as well.

Tiffany: There’s nothing much to say, cuz..I don’t even have that “something”..my parents are always busy, because they want to give me good education and wealth, of course. But that’s not what I want! (grapping the metal bars at the balcony). All I want just some time with my family, that’s all.

Taeyeon: Do you talk to them or ..

Tiffany: There wasn’t any time to talk  to them .. at least, not anymore..

Taeyeon: Why? They are super-busy now more that ever?

Tiffany: They ..died. (smile sadly)

Taeyeon: What..I didn’t know..

Tiffany: It’s okay.

Taeyeon: So, the house that you live in?..

Tiffany: It belongs to Jessica’s family. We used to be in the same kindergarden once and our parents are very close to each other. Actually, that’s how my parents become so busy. They were working for Jessica’s dad.

Taeyeon: When did they ..

Tiffany: Died? It’s actually kinda funny when I think about it..

Taeyeon: Tiff..

Tiffany: My parents actually work on the same section in the company, as my dad requested it to be so. Then, one day, they have to deliver one last document to several shareholders in the company. That’s when  all started to get messy.

Taeyeon: An .. accident?

Tiffany: (laugh sarcastically) You think? ..no, actually. They manage to deliver it. But, when they were going back to the van after their last delivery, a burgular actually came and asked for money. My dad refused to give it while my mom is already shouting for help. The burgular got annoyed, I guess (smile), and he..well, shut her up..with a knife on the stomach.

Taeyeon: ..and your dad?

Tiffany: Dad...always the hero in the family, tried to disarm the burgular ..and ..the rest is silence.

Taeyeon: Tiff..

Tiffany: (slowly banging her hands on the metal bars at the balcony) ..why? why? ..I was only 9 years old at that time..(started to cry) They were only doing their jobs..I ..want..my ..parents..

Taeyeon: (hug Tiffany) We’re your family now! Me, Seohyun and even Jessica..actually, I didn’t know you had a bad past too..don’t worry, like you said earlier to me, I’ll keep the promises that we made earlier. My family is yours too, you can come visit anytime..I’ll make sure there’s always a home you can come back to.

Tiffany: But..I miss them! Don’t you understand!? It’s all because of that stupid job and that stupid company!!

Taeyeon: (hug Tiffany even harder) You need to let go, Tiff! It’s the only way..

Tiffany: (try to break off the hug) Why doesn’t anyone understand me!? I hate everyone in that house! Argh!! (start to weakened and leaned on Taeyeon)..it’s too hard ..to let go..

Taeyeon: Don’t hate her..it’s not fair for her..I bet she tried so hard to make up for it..you need to understand, it’s their time to go..

Tiffany: Maybe..you’re right.. its just that, everytime I walked into that house, I remembered all this memories..but again, they’re the one that give me a place to live ..

Taeyeon: I didn’t know it was this bad..

Tiffany: That’s okay, you’re my friend, right? I can tell you anything from now on..right? I really like the way we are now..

Taeyeon: Yeah..(wiping Tiffany’s tears) ..you can tell me anything ..

Tiffany: (phone ringing) ..it’s Jessica (looking at Taeyeon), maybe she’s been wondering about my well being..

Taeyeon: Take it..I wait for you downstairs ..

Tiffany: Okay..”Yeobeosaeyo, Jess..oh no, nan gwaenchana, but there’s something I must say ..”

Taeyeon: (walking away) I guess I should let them talk..maybe Tiff and her will have a better understanding from now on.. maybe ..we’re destined to take care of each other ...right, mom?

Mom: (panic) What..I’m not in the closet!

Taeyeon: geumanhae, omma..I know it’s you. Ppalli nawa..

Mom: Yah..and I thought I hide really well..charanda~

Taeyeon: You are .. but that mirror next to the closet really give you away..anyone can see you from miles away..

Mom: Oh, chincha? (looking at the mirror) ..Aish, jeongmal!

Taeyeon: Anyway, you heard us, right?

Mom: ..yes, and let us make sure we’ll be the family she never had ..(wiping some fake tears)

Taeyeon: With that kind of lame acting and our family weirdness, it wouldn’t be too hard..but anyway, gomawoyeo, omma..you’re the best.