My Coffee Love

My Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n : Do note that this is a double update. Make sure you read the next chapter after reading this, okay?

Chapter 34 ~ Warm and Cold

Myungsoo parked his motorbike in front of a big mansion. He went down from his motorbike and took a glance at the mansion. It has been years he went there. And, it has been months since the last time he saw his mother. No. It’s not that he hate his mother. He just hated the way his mother care for him. He hated that his mother likes to control his whole life, arranging everything for him especially his future. He said to his mother that he wanted to be a photographer but instead he got a slap from his mother. She said being a photographer is useless and won’t give him any advantages. That was when he started to realize. His life is being control by his own mother.

The front gate of the mansion was opened by Mr. Ho, the lead butler of the mansion. “Welcome home, young master” greeted the butler as he bowed politely at Myungsoo. Myungsoo did not say a word. He just slightly bowed his head at Mr. Ho and walked in to the mansion. Mr. Ho was used to Myungsoo’s cold treatment. Yet, he was glad that at least Myungsoo treat him less cold than the other maids and butlers. Myungsoo won’t even bother to take a glance at the other maids and butlers nor even say a word to them unless if he want to order them to do something unlike Mr. Ho. Myungsoo will sometimes ask some questions to Mr. Ho and there is also times when Myungsoo would give him a small smile. 

“Myungsoo! You came” a middle-aged woman stood up and walked to her son. She hasn’t seen her son for months. She was beyond happy to see her elder son’s face again. On the other side, Myungsoo didn’t show her any expression. He dislikes dealing with his mother. “Annyeonghaseyo, eomeoni” his voice too, did not sound joyful nor sad. The lady slightly frowned at her son’s behavior yet she quickly turned the frown into a smile. “Sit down first, dear” she invited her son. Myungsoo shook his head as a decline to her offer. “Ani. I’m in a hurry now. Just tell me what you wanted to tell me” answered Myungsoo to his mother.

Mrs. Kim exhaled heavily, not knowing how she should explain the whole thing to her son. “Myungsoo…” she began. “About your engagement with my friend’s daughter, let’s just cancel it”. “Jinja?!!” Myungsoo exclaimed. His tone suddenly filled with happiness. “Yes. I wanted to wait until her family find her but just like you said none of them or us know whether she is alive or not. So, I found a new girl for you” Myungsoo instantly froze once he heard his mother’s last statement. He was so glad that he was free from his stupid engagement but all his relieve feelings disappeared when he knew he was trapped into another engagement with another girl.

“Myungsoo, I would like you to meet Lee Soo Yun” Mrs. Kim introduced Myungsoo to a blonde girl that have just entered the living room.

The blonde girl approached Myungsoo and bowed her head politely to him. “Hello. I’m Lee Soo Yun” she smiled to Myungsoo. Myungsoo didn’t know why but he 100% did not like the way she smiled at him. The girl was of course a beauty but she was not as beautiful as his Nam Hae Shin in Myungsoo’s opinion. He then shifted his attention from Lee Soo Yun to his mother. “So, betraying your dead friends is okay, huh, eomeoni?” he scoffed in disgust. Mrs. Kim gasped in surprise. She was startled at her son’s harsh words to her. “Kim Myung Soo! How dare you!”. “Eomeoni, what happen to your promise that you made? You promised to your dead friends that you want me to marry their daughter. But now what?! You totally forget about everything” Myungsoo was furious. He just can’t believe that his mother can be this cruel.

“Myungsoo! Watch your mouth!! You have no idea why I have to break that promise! Lee Soo Yun is my closest co-worker’s daughter. Her family and I are in a very good condition especially our fashion business. Lee Soo Yun is from a well-known family. I think she suits with you very well especially with that playboy attitude of yours!” scolded the lady to her son. “So you are using me to increase your business’s profits?!” Myungsoo talked back. Mrs. Kim was lazy to argue with Myungsoo in front of Sooyun. She let out a sigh and said, “You can say whatever you want. I will arrange your engagement party next year and you will marry Sooyun once you finish your senior year next year”. “Do whatever you want too, eomeoni” Myungsoo replied as he emphasized the word ‘eomeoni’ and immediately left the mansion.

‘Why can’t you call me eomma for once instead of eomeoni, Myungsoo?’ Mrs. Kim thought sadly.

‘Kim Myung Soo, you are now under my arms. Just two more years of waiting until you are officially mine forever’ Sooyun smirked silently.


Jiyeon strolled through the hallways with her arms wrapped around her books, hugging them onto her chest. It was recess time. She was on her way to the music room to practice her vocal since she only has a week before the singing contest. She was really nervous about the contest because it is going to be her first time singing alone by herself on stage without her friends with her. She blamed Hyomin, her best friend, for signing her up to the contest.

She carefully entered the music room, making sure nobody was inside. Sighing in relief, she placed her books down on top of the piano. Jiyeon took a deep breath before clicking her fingers on the piano keys and sang the song that she composed by herself. She really wanted to win the contest no matter what. She tried her very best to write the lyrics and also the melody of the song. Breathlessly, she ended singing the song by clicking on the last piano key. “Hah. Hah. Hah” she panted heavily. Singing was like doing some sport activities for her. Tiring yet enjoyable. She enjoys singing a lot ever since she was young as singing could help her to express her sad or happy feelings.

She was then surprised by someone clapping his or her hands behind. Jiyeon spun around to see Sunggyu clapping his hands, giving her a meaningful applause. “Not bad” Sunggyu complimented her. Jiyeon could not help but to blush. She and Sunggyu had not been talking to each other after the incident happened between her and Sunggyu months ago. “Thank you” she thanked quietly almost like she was whispering. “D- do you want to use this music room? I’ll go if you want me to” stuttered the girl to the guy and quickly got up, picking her books that were on the piano.

“Park Ji Yeon" Jiyeon stopped at her tracks when she heard Sunggyu called her.

“Y-yes?” she really felt like killing herself for stammering like a scared weirdo in front of Sunggyu. “Are you avoiding me somehow?” Sunggyu asked curiously as he stepped closer to the innocent girl. Jiyeon feared the way Sunggyu stared at her and also the way he came closer to her. She slowly walked backwards to distance herself. “W.. what? No.. Of coruse no” she tried to not sounded obvious that she WAS avoiding him. Sunggyu shook his head in disapproval. He knew that she was lying. Jiyeon’s heart kept on beating faster than usual. She hugged her books to cover her unsteady chest. “You’re lying, right?” Sunggyu chuckled and walked closer to his prey a.k.a Jiyeon. Whilst, Jiyeon continued to step backward but her eyes widened when she felt her back hitting on the wall. She was completely trapped! Sunggyu smirked at Jiyeon’s cute reaction. He pinned her to the wall and leaned closer to her face.

“Come on, Jiyeon. Just tell me what is it? What do you want?” teased Sunggyu to Jiyeon. Jiyeon didn’t know what to say. It was as if something stuck on that made her hard to speak not let out her voice. “……….. K- k- k- kiss” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter