My Coffee Love

My Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31 ~ It Won't Last Long

Morning came faster than expected. The sun ray slowly appeared, entering from the windows as it hit your eyes. You blinked your eyes, feeling the burning pain on your eyes because of the bright ray. You stretched your arms up while yawning widely. “Did you sleep well?” a voice asked. Your eyes instantly opened as you recognized the owner of the voice. You rose up from your lying down and saw Myungsoo was already on his school uniform. “You’re still here?” you questioned but he didn’t get what you mean. “Mwoh??” Myungsoo turned his head to look at you. Not wanting to explain the whole thing, you just shook your head and mumbled ‘nothing’. Myungsoo finally get what you mean and said, “Wae? Is it because I always go out early before you wake up?”. You nodded your head which made Myungsoo chuckled as he tied his neck tie. “Don’t say that. It is as if we are married couple or something that always fight…. Just that we don’t share the same bed” Myungsoo muttered quietly but you heard it anyway and you blushed madly once you heard him. It’s not like the two of you did anything last night but he was really quite greasy and all last night and you couldn’t help but to blush and kept your silence.

“W- what are you talking a- about? Nonsense” you finally decided to speak. Myungsoo slightly laughed at your statement and turned back to you. “I saved my number in your phone so if you have any problem just call the Handsome L” he joked, totally ignoring what you’ve just said. “Mwoh? Say that again, I’ll kill you. Feel like puking whenever you say that” you growled. “Handsome L” he teased while showing you his precious face. It really annoyed you. You groaned and threw your pillow to him but he managed to dodge it. He stuck his tongue out at you and shouted, “I am the Handsome L!!!”, before getting out from the room.

“Kim Myung Soo!!! Your face is nothing, you -faced jerk!!!!” you screamed as loud as you could while panting for air. “Haish!! Early in the morning already made me annoyed with his so-called nicknames which sound stupid” you cursed. Indeed, you were having a mood-out because of watching stupid face.

“Ohh! And, thank you for helping me with my wounds. My handsome face is of course important for you, right?” Myungsoo’s head suddenly popped in from the door, making you froze in confusion. He grinned at you and immediately ran away from you before you could even kill him. “KIM MYUNG SOO!!!! You spoilt son of a !! You are such a jerk who forced me to treat your ing face from being ugly and you are a total bastard you know that!!!” you raised your voice to make sure he hear you. “Gaesekki” you cursed under your breath.

Once, you finished washing yourself, you wore your school uniform and braided your long wavy hair into a messy braid. You stared at your reflection in the mirror. You determined to stop wearing your fake glasses since it broke yesterday and everyone knew that your real face.  “I guess, I should just go out like this instead” you said to yourself. You removed your blazer, leaving you wearing your white long-sleeves dress shirt, knee-length black skirt and your red and white striped neck tie with the school badge on the tie. “It’s a new start for me. Fighting, Nam Hae Shin!” you cheered. You slung your school bag onto your shoulder and walked out from your dorm.

*Your POV*

30 minutes before the first class, I went for a walk near the school garden to get some fresh air. As I strolled down a low hill, I spotted a familiar figure. I squinted my eyes to the female figure that was sitting on the bench to get a better sight. Oh! It’s the girl that I helped yesterday! I approached her from behind and slightly tapped her on the shoulder so she wouldn’t be too shock. She spun her head around and my jaw literally dropped when I saw her eyes were all swollen. “Omona? Gwenchana?” I panicked and quickly sat beside her. She wiped her tears away and sniffed. “Oh. It’s you. You’re the girl from yesterday, right?” her voice was cracking. It looked like she cried for a long time. “A- are you okay?” I hesitated to ask her but I asked her anyway. “Yeah. Don’t worry” was all she replied. “Urmmm.. My name is Nam Hae Shin. Upper Junior” I said to break the awkward silence. “Kwang Mi Hee. Senior” she answered me with short answers only. Damn, it was heck awkward.

“Why? Why did you help me yesterday?” she spoke. Her sudden question made me thought about it for a while. Why? Why did I help her? The only thing I could think was she reminded me of the old me. She reminded me of the weak girl I used to be when I was in YG High. “I don’t know. I guess, sunbae reminded me of the old me” I told her. “Sunbae?” she looked at me innocently. I noticed that she looked very pretty. Her skin is so fair and milky white. Her orange hair was tied into a bun. Her eyes even though they were swollen, they looked like doll’s eyes.  The only thing that spoilt her beautiful look was her glasses. Okay. She was exactly like me. “You are a senior, of course I should call you ‘sunbae’” I smiled to her and surprisingly she returned the smile too! “Call me ‘unnie’. Just ‘unnie’ is enough. Don’t have to be so polite to me” she said to me. “Jinja??!!!” my eyes were already shining brightly at her. She nodded her head and showed me an assuring smile. “KYAAAA!!!! Neh, Mihee  unnie!!” I was so darn happy that I practically hugged her tightly. For the remaining 15 minutes, the both of us shared our story to each other and shared laugh and sadness.



10 minutes before school begun, Mihee and I bid our goodbye to each other since she said she had to go somewhere before going to the school building. I decided to stop by to the dorm café to grab a cup of tea. As I was out from the café after buying the tea, Hoya oppa saw me and went to me. “Hae” he called. “Oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked him. “I was on my way to the school building but then I saw you here” he replied with a gummy smile. “Oh” I nodded my head awkwardly. After his confession toward me, I kind of felt awkward being around with him. Should I tell him what I really feel now? I hate making people wait for me. I should just tell him. That’s right! I need to confess what I feel.

“Oppa….” I started. “Hm?” he hummed and stared at me. “I….. I…..” I really didn’t know what to say. I’m scared if he will hate me or something if I tell him answer… just like Seunghyun. “I….” come one, Nam Hae Shin! You can do this! “I….” my voice was totally stuck. Oh My God!!!!! Nam Hae Shin, be brave will you?!!!!! Come on! Just tell him!

“I am so sorry, oppa!” I exclaimed and immediately bowed my head at him. He raised a brow and questioned, “Wae? What are you sorry about?”. “I- I… I can’t accept your confession. I am glad that you love me but I hope you can love me as a sister not more than that because I love you like you are my brother. That’s all. Not more than that. I am so sorry” I apologized, still looking down. He didn’t talk once he heard me. I looked up, expecting him to have a sour face but instead his face was calm. He exhaled his breath and patted my head. “It’s okay. I understand you. Don’t worry I won’t be heart broken just because of your reject” he chuckled and pinched my cheeks. I was quite impressed. His smile was fake. His smile was sincere as if my reject didn’t even hurt his feelings. For once, I felt  glad that I am honest about my feelings. “Gomawo, oppa” I pouted, still felt bad for him. “Don’t worry. You know what’s weird? I am not even hurt with your rejection. So don’t worry” he assured me. I sighed and looked at him with apologetic expression before giving a wonderful smile to him.

“I need to go now. See you around, lil girl” he said as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter