Chanyeol: Can I Save You Part 2

These Men of Mine

Jongin was getting frustrated by the minute. He couldn’t stand Hayden’s hands all over his sister. He looked at Chanyeol. Why wasn’t he doing anything to stop this? It was a travesty. It was downright shameful. It was…

Jongin quickly stood up surprising and scaring the boys at his table. Chanyeol saw the young boy storm towards his sister.

“What is he doing?” Chanyeol asked the boys at his table

Jongin didn’t wait for Aileen’s response before he grabbed her and dragged her out of the cafeteria. Hayden looked on in amusement as the young boy glared at him. He chuckled as he slowly got up and followed them.

Jongin was out of breath when he reached the hallway with a confused Aileen staring at him.

“What’s wrong?” she was calm, he was not

“How can you do this to yourself? He cheated on you. Everybody knows this and I thought you knew too,”

Hayden leaned against the lockers as he saw Jongin yell at his sister. He folded his arms as he looked intensely at Jongin.

“I know but he apologized. He gave me his story about what happened and I can believe it. Colby is a fast girl who has wanted my boyfriend for a long time and plus people like to exaggerate the truth,”

“So Natalie is lying,”

“She doesn’t like Hayden so I can believe her upping the ante when she wants. I know what I’m doing,” she reassured him

“I don’t think you do. I don’t think you know your boyfriend that well,”

Jongin was going to tell Aileen the truth about Hayden whether she believed him or not. She had a right to know.

“What are you talking about?”

Before Jongin could open his mouth Hayden stepped in.

“Hey babe is everything alright?” he walked up and kissed her, making his presence known to Jongin so he wouldn’t talk.

Jongin instantly froze. Memories of his beatings flooded his head and he quickly was tight lipped as he looked at Hayden who wasn’t smiling at him.

“Yea babe,” she looked at her brother who looked as if he would cry at any moment

Something was wrong with Jongin.

“Are you ok Kai?”

“I’m fine,” he said harshly

“Are you sure?” she reached for his hand

“Yea,”

“Hey babe can I talk to Jongin for a minute. I want to explain myself to him. I can feel the hostility and I want peace with your brother,” he smiled at her

“Sure,” she kissed him as she went back into the cafeteria

Hayden smiled at Aileen until she was out of sight. Then he frowned at him. Jongin tensed and braced himself for what was to come.

“Let me make myself very clear. No one and I mean no one is going to break me and your sister up. I love her and I plan on keeping her. And if you think telling her the truth about your attacker is wise, think again. I will make your life a living hell if you think of speaking about it. She won’t believe you because she will always be loyal to me. You got that,”

“You don’t scare me anymore,”

That pissed Hayden off as he roughly grabbed Jongin by his collar and slammed him against the lockers.

“Wanna bet,” he was furious but Jongin didn’t back down

“All I have to do is say one word to Chanyeol and Kris and they’ll be all over your ,”

“Let me see…”

“Hey get your hands off of him!” yelled Kris and he and Chanyeol went to go check up on Jongin

Hayden released the young boy with a shove into the lockers which caused Kris to punch him in the face. Unfortunately that started a fight. Hayden was jumped by Chanyeol and Kris. Some of the kids nearest the door to cafeteria heard the fighting and yelled at everyone to come see. Aileen ran to her boyfriend’s defense to try and break them up. Soon the security guards broke them up revealing a bloodied Hayden and bruised Kris.

Those 3 were sent to the principal’s office.

 

At the end of the day

 Aileen was walking to her car with her sad brother in tow when she found Chanyeol leaning against her car. She was mad at him.

“How could you Chanyeol. And get off my car,” she pushed him off

“He started it. He was harassing Jongin,”

Aileen looked at her kid brother who avoided eye contact with her and just got in the car.

“He was trying to make amends with Jongin. They don’t get along,”

“Have you ever noticed that Hayden doesn’t get along with a lot of people?”

“He’s trying. All of you guys just give him a hard time,” she threw her things in the car then closed the door.

“We give him a hard time because he’s such a !” he yelled in her face and she slapped him hard.

As soon as she did that, she regretted it. Chanyeol bowed his head with his hands on his hips. She was fiercely defending Hayden. He thought she would never slap him though. Aileen had tears in her eyes as she tried to slow her heart beat down.

“Chanyeol…I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me,”

He didn’t speak to her at first then he wrapped her in his arms. She tried to get out of his embrace but she couldn’t…she didn’t want to. She continued to cry as they held each other.

“I love you more than anything,” he said as he rubbed her back, “I don’t want you to get hurt,”

“Hayden won’t hurt me. He loves me and I love him. I got this. I do. So please stop trying to mess it up,” she got out of his arms and got into her car and drove off leaving a distraught Chanyeol.

 

TO BE CONTINUED…..