Chen, Lay and Kris 5

These Men of Mine

Kris finally got dressed and went downstairs to find Autumn and Lay laughing. He smiled at Autumn as she turned to look at him.

“Hi Kris,”

“Hi sweetie,” he kissed her head

“He’s alive,” said Lay as he gave Kris his breakfast

“Thanks man. You’re always taking care of me and thanks for last night,”

“What are you talking about?”

“Didn’t you stay up for me last night and drag me to bed?”

“I stayed up for you but I didn’t drag you to bed. Aileen did,” he started cleaning the dishes

“What letter was I on Lay?” Autumn not listening to their conversation interrupted them

“F sweetie,” Lay smiled at her then looked at Kris’ puzzled face

“Are you sure?” Kris asked

“Yes because when I woke up from sleeping on the couch she was coming out of your room. You don’t remember? Wait of course you don’t. That’s why you shouldn’t drink so much. You made poor Aileen drag your sorry as…I mean upstairs. You should get her a present that says WORLD GREATEST ROOMMATE,”

“Yeah I should but why did she lie about it?”

“I don’t know Kris,”

“I got a word for F. F is for flirt. F…F…Flirt,” Autumn giggled, “Chen was flirting with Aileen this morning. He even kissed her,”

Kris nearly choked on his breakfast as he took a nice long gulped of orange juice. Lay placed his hands on his hips and stared at Kris.

“Are you ok Kris?” asked Autumn as she patted his back

“He kissed her?”

“No need to get your in a twist. You know how Chen is,”

“And he’s giving her a full body massage. Whatever that means,” said Autumn

“Lay come on man. What is the meaning of this?”

“It’s not like Chen has a chance or you for that matter. Thou shall not break the golden rule,”

“I’m aware of that but I don’t know Aileen is looking more desirable these days. Her perfume is everywhere,” he whispered that last part

“Man what are you talking about?”

“Nothing,”

“I hate to break your heart but I heard Aileen say she wouldn’t date you or Chen,” Lay smirked

“What?”

“She would date me,”

“Please,” Kris didn’t believe him

“She said I’m y and sweet and quirky and a good cook…”

“Alright I get it,” Kris frowned

“You are a good cook Lay. You know Aileen’s birthday is coming up and my grandma told me that Aileen loves turkey necks but she’s too lazy to cook them for herself. If you make them for her, she would love you forever,”

“Hey Autumn I thought you liked me. Whose side are you on?” Kris asked her

“Hey don’t gang up on my baby. Autumn go clean up so we can leave,”

Kris waited till Autumn was out the room before he confronted Lay.

“You’re not serious though,”

“What?”

“You won’t pursue her,”

“We talked about this last night. While she thinks I make great father and husband material, she has no desire to pursue a relationship with me,”

“And you?”

“She has enough on her plate; with her job and Autumn. She doesn’t have time to be in a relationship with anyone. I want you and Chen to drop this now. You have to put your selfish desires on hold for now,”

“When did you become so wise?”

“I don’t know myself. That little girl brings it out in me and she is the main reason I don’t want any of us to pursue Aileen,”

“Wait a minute you said any of us, not me and Chen. So what now you’re telling me you would pursue Aileen?”

“Omg you’re thinking too much about this…” Lay was about to slap some sense into Kris

“I’m ready boys. Take me to the aquarium,” Autumn beamed as the boys smiled at her

 

Aileen was setting up the sitting arrangements for the wedding when her assistant Chloe came up to her to ask if there was anything else she needed before she made some calls with the band.

“Aileen are you listening to me?”

“I’m sorry Chloe. My mind is wondering,”

“You better not let Melissa hear you say that. I have never met a bride like this one. I hope when the time comes for you to get married you won’t be like this,”

“Marriage,”

“Surly you’ve thought of it?”

“Of course. As a little girl who hasn’t thought of marriage well except for you. You image what your life would be like but sometimes it doesn’t turn out like that,”

“Are you being regretful now?”

“No I love my job and yes Autumn was a surprise but she was Nicole’s daughter and I wouldn’t want her anywhere but with me,” she smiled at Chloe, “And you should see the boys. They dote on her hand and foot,”

“Have you ever thought about any of them in that way? Chen is a model and he’s hot and then there is Lay who is oh so y but then there’s Kris. I mean he’s a question mark. Are you sure he’s not gay. He doesn’t seem to like the female population too much,”

“Trust me; he’s straight,” Aileen suddenly clasped her hand over

“How would you know?” Chloe’s eyes went wide, “You broke the golden rule,”

“Almost,”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“Last night he came home drunk and I was forced to drag him to his room and then we kissed and kissed and moaned and kissed some more,”

“Omg,”

“Clothes were removed and then I came to my senses but he didn’t remember it in the morning, thank the Lord so I didn’t tell him. But he was acting weird this morning. He wanted a hug,”

“Oh man that is weird for Kris. Well did you want to kiss him?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t had or male contact for so long; it could have been that or maybe because I stared in his eyes too long and he was lustfully looking at me…I don’t know. But he can never know and it’s a good thing that Lay doesn’t know,”

“What does Lay have to do with this?”

“Well he saw me come out of Kris’ room which is great timing because if we hadn’t stopped he would have walked in on us and I wouldn’t want him to see me like that,”

“But why would you care if Lay saw?”

“Unlike Chen who is relentlessly trying to get my attention; I don’t want Lay to see me in a compromising position with Kris. I care about his opinion of me too much. He’s always been there for me and he’s really sweet and…”

“Omg you like Lay,”

“No I don’t,”

“You say he’s great with Autumn. Check one; father figure and he’s a great listener, cook and he’s hot as hell. Check two: husband material. And from what my roommates’ friend’s cousin said. Lay is amazing in bed,”

“Well that’s nice. That’s what I want to hear from your roommates’ friend’s cousin that my Lay was great in bed with her,”

“Wait a minute. Did you hear what you just said?”

“What? Lay is a ladies man and he sleeps with anything with legs?”

“No you called him my Lay,”

“No I didn’t,”

“Yes you did. You said my Lay,” Chloe started laughing, “This has become a very interesting situation. Chen likes you. Kris likes you. You may like Kris but you definitely like Lay. Very interesting indeed,”

“Go call the band please,” Aileen shoved the cell phone at a laughing Chloe as she went to do her job