Kris: Always Yours Part 4

These Men of Mine

Luhan tried to control his anger with Kris but every time he looked at the young man he got angry all over again.

“How could you be so stupid? You had the life every man could ever dream of; a woman who would do anything for you and two beautiful daughters who love you. Why did you throw that all away for that trap? Why?” he yelled, “Please explain to me how you could do that? Do you ever know yourself?”

“I know I’m an idiot and I know I will be making up for this for the rest of my life but the only explanation I can give you is that I was weak for a brief moment. I was vulnerable and I let my ego get the best of me. I regret what I did. After it was over I just cried because I knew things would never be the same. I didn’t tell anyone for so long because I was scared and ashamed. Haven’t you ever done something that you felt terrible about; something you wished you hadn’t done? I did it only one time,” he cried, “And that’s all it took for me to lose everything. Trust me, I feel like crap and I don’t deserve her,”

“That’s right you don’t,” he did feel bad for Kris, “I’m not gonna beat you up. I’m gonna save that for DO and Baekhyun,” he looked sadly at the boy, “I hope it all works out though. I hope you two can mend your marriage,”

 

At the nurse’s station gossip was rapid and Sabrina felt so bad for Aileen. She thought she should call her boyfriend and tell him to check up on his sister.

DO’s phone rang.

“Hey babe. You miss me that much,” DO smiled

“HaHa very funny. No I just called because I want you to check up on your sister,”

“Why?”

“Something explosive happened at the hospital just now and I think she needs her brother,”

“Well where is Kris because I can’t drive because of my leg,”

“None of your roommates are there?”

Just then Baekhyun came walking through the door.

“No never mind Baekhyun just walked through the door,”

“NO!” Sabrina yelled as many people looked at her with strange looks

“Wow that was my ear Sabrina. What is wrong with you? Why don’t you want Baekhyun to take me to my sister’s house?”

Baekhyun’s ears perked up when he heard his name.

“No one else is there?” she whined

“Do you want me to see her or not?” he chuckled at his girlfriend because she was acting weird

“Well I guess I can’t stop time. He’s going to find out sooner or later. Call me when you get there,” she hung up

DO close his phone as he stared at it, shook his head and then looked at Baekhyun who had his hands on his hips.

“What’s going on?”

“Sabrina wants me to visit Aileen. She says it’s important,”

“Well come on then,” he grabbed the keys as they left

 

Aileen was doing the exact thing she said she wouldn’t; in her PJS eating ice cream watching old home videos of Kris and the girls. She could not stop crying, something she hated to do. As mad as she was at her husband, she still loved him and that’s what hurt the most. Either way, whatever the result was going to be in the end, she would still be hurt. She didn’t believe in divorce but now she didn’t trust her husband. Just thinking about what he did to her pierced her heart but she still loved him. She wished she could just forgive him fast and hold him so tight but the reality of the situation prevented her from doing so and so she cried more.

 

THE DOOR BELL RANG

 

Aileen didn’t move from her stop. Who could it be?  Was it Maxie, already returning with the girls? It couldn’t be. They were having a girl’s day. Could be Luhan? No he had to mandate the hospital. Who else knew of Kris’ affair?

“Aileen I know you’re in there,” it was her younger brother’s voice

Crap she thought. Who told DO? Oh no, Sabrina. Not that she could blame her. He was bound to find out.

 She still didn’t move. Then she heard the key open the door and a somewhat worried DO and Baekhyun came into the living facing Aileen’s back and she rewound the DVD over and over again at the scene of Kris and her kissing. Each time she got madder and madder. Tears continued to ruin her face and then she snapped as she threw the bowl at the TV.

DO and Baekhyun were shocked at her demure.

“Aileen,” DO faced his sister

“What’s wrong?” asked Baekhyun

Aileen looked at the both of them with sad eyes. Both boys’ blood began to boil.

 

Kris didn’t go home that night because DO forbade him to and Baekhyun threaten to beat him up if he saw him. So Kris settled or more like hid in Chanyeol’s apartment as Lay, Luhan, and Xiumin tried to play peacemaker amongst the boys. Kai, Sehun, Tao and Chen were not happy at all and Suho was in the middle. Kris deserved this. He knew he did. He not only ruined his relationship with his wife but also his friends. His world seemed so bleak.

 

8 months later

 

“I think you should see a counselor. You know I think you’ve been angry long enough. Nicole and Cherish miss their Dad,” said Maxie

Aileen sighed. A lot has happened over these past 8 months. She and Kris no longer live together. They weren’t divorce, though she thought of it often because Leslie still hung around Kris.

“That witch is still around,”

“I know. She is so pathetic but Suho tells me Kris blows her off every time. He even got a restraining order against her. She broke into Chanyeol’s apartment and everything,”

“Poor Chanyeol,”

“And poor Kris. I don’t know how he’s supposed to do his job with his stress level so high and are you ever going to tell Nicole the truth. You know she knows you two aren’t on speaking terms. She deserves to know,”

“No. I’m doing this for Kris. I couldn’t bear to have her know what her father did. She adores him and if she knew it would break her heart. All that respect and love would fade away and he would have no one,”

“So you still care for him?”

“Of course I do. I still love him but I still can’t get over what he did,”

“That’s why you need to see a counselor,”

“Maybe,” she weakly smiled at her cousin

 

 

There will be maybe 2 more chapters to Kris and Aileen's story. Enjoy