Chen, Lay and Kris

These Men of Mine

Aileen watched Autumn happily eat the curry rice that Lay had prepared for her. She smiled at him as he ruffled her hair and ate the food. Aileen tried to make eye contact with Lay but he wouldn’t look at her. It was strange how he was treating her suddenly. Did she say something wrong? What happened? It was driving her crazy. She was staring at him hard when she suddenly felt a large hand squeeze hers. She looked up to find Kris smiling at her. She smiled back. Lay noticed as well and frowned. It was so obvious now. They were a couple. And it was so obvious now that he was jealous.

“Honey I’m home,” Chen sang his arrival, “Oh you’re eating without me?”

“We didn’t know when you would have come home,” said Kris as he let go of Aileen’s hand. Chen noticed and frowned

“Well you still could have waited,” he pouted

“I’ll eat slow Chen so you can join me,” Autumn smiled brightly at Chen

“Omg you’re so sweet. Wait for me. Let me get my plate,” Chen ran to the kitchen to get his meal when he noticed extra boxes of curry rice, “Lay enough already. We have enough curry rice to last us a lifetime. Plus didn’t you just buy some yesterday?” Chen piled his plate with dinner

Aileen quickly looked at a shocked Lay. His cover was blown. He was avoiding her; but why?

“You can never have enough,” he said as he looked down on his plate

“I guess,” Chen sat next to Aileen as Lay got up, “So Aileen are you ready?”

“For what?”

“Your massage,” he wiggled his eyebrows as she chuckled. She was a bit tense and confused. Two things she hated to feel. A nice full body massage with oils and quiet music sounded real nice.

“Later,” she whispered

Lay scoffed. How could Kris allow Chen to touch his girl like that? He had immense control because if it were him; he’d be all over Chen’s . Lay looked at Kris as he sat on the couch reading his magazine. Doesn’t he care that Chen could possibly see Aileen while he rubbed all over her body? It confused and made Lay tense. Two things he hated to feel.

“Kris,” he barked

“What?”

“What do you mean what? Are you telling me you’re ok with that?”

Even though he couldn’t have Aileen; he didn’t want his cousin and friend to have to deal with this either.

“With what. Quit the BS and just tell me what you want to say. I don’t read freaking minds,”

“Are you going to let Chen rub all over Aileen?”

“Well he likes her. I don’t see why not?”

“The hel…”

“Lay can you read me a bed time story?”

Autumn calmed the beast; just like that. That sweet angelic voice woke him up from his fury and calmed him down immediately. How did she do that? Why did she have that effect on him? He sighed and looked at her. He knew why. He loved her. He loved sweet little Autumn and he would do anything for her.

“Sure honey. I’ll read you a story,” he got up and pinched her cheeks as he picked her up

“Good night Kris. Good night Chen. Good night Aileen,” she waved goodbye as she hugged Lay’s neck

“Good night,” all three said with a smile

“Alright I’m taking my shower. I’ll leave you two to it,” Kris winked at Chen as he left the family room

Chen was flabbergasted. Did Kris just give him his blessing?

“Whoa did I miss something?” Chen asked as Aileen cleared the table

“Are you going to give me my massage or what?”

“Of course I am. I even provide the massage table and quiet music,” Chen dimmed the nights as Aileen got ready for her massage, “But that’s not what I’m talking about. Kris just winked at me,”

“So he does like boys,” Aileen laid on the table in only her underwear. Chen gulped

“I don’t think so,” he put the warm oil on his hands and started massaging her legs

“That feels good Chen,”

“Glad I could be of service. But did Kris just give me his blessing?”

“What do you mean?” she had a feeling he liked her more than a friend but she wasn’t sure

“I know he likes you and you know I like you,”

Bingo she got her answer. She was flattered that she was liked by many but now that she started to have feelings for Lay she didn’t want to lead Chen on.

“Kris and I are just friends,”

“I know but he likes you,”

“I know that,” she sat up with the towel wrapped around her front, “But we established that we are just friends,”

“How and when?”

“Just today. He kissed me and we didn’t feel anything for each other. I’m glad too,” she smiled at him, “I have to be honest with you Chen. While I appreciate your confess about liking me, I can’t reciprocate those feelings to you. I’m sorry,”

“Because you want to date Lay? Man the truth hurts,”

“But we told each other that we wouldn’t get into a relationship. He knows I have a lot going on but I don’t know if he said that just because I said that. Now that I might have feelings for him…”

“Well you need to tell him then,” he laid her back down, “I still owe you a massage even if you don’t like me like that,” he smiled at her, “I always keep my word,” he continued

“I can’t tell him. The golden rule,”

“You already broke the golden rule. You and Kris kissed even though nothing came from it,”

“We almost did more than that,” she mumbled

“WHAT!”

She sat up again and looked guilty as sin.

“You had with Kris?”

“No but we almost did. The night he got drunk we almost did the deed but nothing happened. We kissed and some clothes were removed but he doesn’t remember and I want to keep it that way,”

“That’s good that he doesn’t remember. Does Lay know you almost had with Kris?”

Lay had just come out of Autumn’s room when he heard the end of Chen’s sentence. He heard the “had with Kris part”. Lay’s poor heart sunk as he listened on their conversation.

“No Lay doesn’t and he must never know. I feel our relationship would be strained,”

“I feel that way too. You two have known each other for a long time and somehow I feel like that would break his heart,”

“You’re worried about his heart? That’s sweet,” she smiled

“Hey he’s my buddy and I want him to be happy. Now lay back down and let me finish,”

“So you’re not too bummed?”

“That you turned me down for a great guy? Not at all. I can even help you with him if you want,”

Lay felt defeated, lost, angry and sad all at the same time. Kris and Aileen sealed their relationship with . He guesses Kris didn’t mind Chen rubbing on his girl because he was confident in their relationship. Lay sighed as he closed his eyes for a moment to think.

 

For the next two weeks however Lay had other plans of his own. He avoided Aileen like the plague. The only time they were in the same room together was when all the boys were there and even then he kept his distance. It was totally devastating for Aileen and she didn’t understand why. Kris tried to talk to Lay on several occasions but he just kept blowing him off stating he had to go to the dance studio or teach and most of the time it was true but Aileen felt their relationship was strained.

But Aileen kept busy as well with all the weddings she was planning and helping Autumn with school work. Since she only had a few more months of school left for the year Aileen decided to get her a tutor instead of enrolling the child super later for school. They were able to spend more time together and both girls needed that. Also Aileen was in the process of looking for places to live so she couldn’t really focus on her problems with Lay. But she was still determined to get him alone and with the help of Kris and Chen she was finally able to.

“I thought the boys were on their way home?” Lay said to Aileen while Autumn was in her room coloring

“Kris just sent me a text saying he ran into an old friend; Chanyeol I think and they were going to catch up,” just then her phone buzzed, “Oh Chen just texted me. He has to work late,”

Lay got nervous and looked at Aileen, “Oh,”

“I guess it’s just you and me. It’s been so long since we’ve spent time together,”

“Yea I’ve just been super busy. You know what?”

“What?”

“I’m not really that hungry. I think I’m going to turn in,” he got up to leave

“It’s only 8:30 Lay,”

“I know but I’ve had a busy day so…”

“Stop doing that,”

“Doing what?”

“Making up excuses to avoid me. I know that’s what you’re doing so don’t say you’re not. Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something? Did I say something to offend you?”

“No I just think we need some space, you know?”

“No I don’t know. Tell me what I’ve done. I’ve missed you. It hasn’t been the same,”

“And it won’t ever be the same again,”

“Are you pushing me away because me and Autumn will be leaving soon and you’re going to miss us. You know you can see us anytime. I believe there is a space available in this building so you can visit anytime,”

“Yes I’ll miss you but that’s not why it won’t ever be the same,”

“Tell me please,” she was on the brim of tears and Lay hated to see her cry

“Please don’t cry,” he went to hug her

“I can’t help it. I can’t stand you being mad at me,”

“I’m not mad at you. I’m keeping my distance because if I don’t I may do something I will regret and I can’t hurt Kris,”

“Kris? What does he have anything to do with our strained relationship?”

Suddenly Aileen’s phone ranged…