Tao: My Vampire

These Men of Mine

Aileen reluctantly came to school. She was furious. She was furious because one she could not for the life of her remember her dream and two she had what appeared to look like a vampire had bit her neck and make up would not cover it. She had no other choice but to wear a rather large patch on her neck. Thankfully this morning it was cold so she had her hoodie on.

Aileen walked down the hall to her locker only to quickly turn around and face plant herself in the lockers next to her. She was trying to avoid Exo. If Chloe’s crazy theory was right; they were Vampires and one of those bastards bit her last night. She didn’t feel like confronting them right now. They walked past her. She let out a big sigh of relief only to make brief eye contact with Kris as he turned and looked at her. She stopped in her tracks, looked at him with wide eyes and scatter to the girl’s bathroom. Aileen leaned against the wall as she tried to slow down her heart rate.

“Damn,” she touched her neck which started to throb

Aileen walked to class with her hood of her hoodie tied tightly on. Chloe looked at her friend with worry as she took her seat.

“Aren’t you going to be hot?”

“I’d rather be hot than deal with all the questions I would receive if I took it off,”

“Now you have to tell me,”

“After class,”

Right after home period Chloe grabbed Aileen’s hand and ran to the nearest girl’s bathroom. She quickly checked all the stalls and locked the door.

“Take it off,” Aileen started to take off the hoodie, “Wait, how bad is it?”

“I mean you might like or…not or……you might like it. I don’t like it and I definitely need answers because it’s about something that shouldn’t be real but it might be real?”

“Ok now you’re kind of freaking me out,”

“Let me show you but you have to promise to be calm,”

“Ok, calm Chloe, calm,”

Aileen took off her hoodie to reveal her bandage. Chloe furrowed her brows as she watched Aileen peel off the bandage. Chloe gasped loudly as she took a look at Aileen’s neck.

“Omg is that what I think that is? A vampire; they’re real, Omg. What happened?”

“I had a dream last night but I don’t remember what happened in the dream,”

“Are you sure it was a dream?”

“I woke up this morning so it would have to have been. And I saw these red dots and they look like what we think they are,”

“But just because you woke up this morning doesn’t mean you really dreamt it. Maybe it really happened but you don’t remember,” she touched Aileen’s neck, “They could be mosquito bites or spider bites or you may have scratched your next,”

“Yeah right. This can’t be happening. It’s kind of sore now. It’s been throbbing a bit,”

“I think you should go see a doctor,”

“I can’t do that,”

“Well you have to do something. What if it’s really a spider bite or something? else”

“But it doesn’t look like that and I’ve gotten spider bites before. It looks like exactly what we are thinking so there is only one thing I need to do. Go to the source,”

“You can’t. They may kill you. Maybe some of them drink animal blood but you don’t know which ones don’t,”

“They’ve been going to this school for four years; trust me if they wanted human blood they would have wiped out the entire town by now. No I’ll talk to Suho today. I have tutoring with him today and if he looks at me like I’m crazy then he’s not a vampire and then I’ll go to the hospital,”

“What if he is a vampire though and one of them did bite you. What does that mean?”

“Only one way to find out,”

“You’re rather calm about this. I’d be freaking out,”

“Yeah you’re right. I don’t know why I’m calm but I have this feeling that it won’t end bad,”

“How do you know? How do you know you can trust them?”

“I just do. Wish me luck,”

“You’re going to need it,”

 

As the day passed Aileen become very anxious and very tired. She felt like her body was going to give away at any minute but she needed to talk to Suho today. So at 4 they met at their usual spot in the library near the exits and she waited. Aileen started flipping through her book when she suddenly felt cold air rush by her. She tightened her hood on her hoodie as she shivered.

“Are you cold?”

Aileen jumped so high in her skin as she yelped and glared at Suho, “Gosh you scared the crap out of me. I didn’t even hear you come in,”

“I’m sorry,” he laughed as he put his books on the table, “What’s with the hoodie,”

“It’s cold in here,”

“It’s not that cold,”

“Yes it is. I’m freezing,” she still had a mean look on her face

“Are you ok? You seem tense,”

“I am. I’m sore and cold and very stressed out,”

“Is it about the test? You’re going to do fine. You just have to study and that’s where I come in but you have to open your books first,” he giggled but she didn’t move. She only stared at him harder, “Is there something you want to say?”

“No…I mean yeah,”

“Ok, out with it. I don’t do good at guessing games,”

“Well it’s about…” Aileen suddenly felt a sharp pain shot through her neck. The bites were pulsating by now, “Ouch gosh this thing is hurting,”

Suho walked around to her side of the table, “What’s wrong?” he asked as he tried to look at her neck

“You’re going to think I’m crazy. You’re going to think…”

Aileen didn’t have time to finish her sentence because she passed out in Suho’s arms.

“Aileen wake up. Wake up,” he shook but to no avail she didn’t respond

Suho finally looked at her neck and the bandage that was now soaked clean through with her blood. He slowly pulled off the bandage to reveal bite marks on her neck. His eyes went dark as he looked around the library for other students. When he saw none he gathered their things and Aileen and left the school.

Suho drove home in a rush. He had to get Aileen to his house in a hurry. It was vital for her survival. Suho finally made it home, grabbed her and carried her into the house shouting for his Father.

“Father! Father!”

Some of the boys were home and came rushing in the family room to see Suho with Aileen.

“Whoa what the hell is she doing here? I thought we decided not to tell her?” said Chanyeol

“It’s not that simple anymore. Things just got real,”

Dr. Kim came rushing out his study to find his son carrying the girl who was deemed Tao’s true match.

“What has happened Suho?” asked Dr. Kim

“He bit her. It has begun,”