Chen, Lay and Kris 2

These Men of Mine

Saturday rolled around quicker than Aileen thought but she was excited about seeing Autumn. The boys really turned themselves around, well as much as they could. Lay was still a ladies man. He couldn’t help that but Chen really stepped up. Maybe it was because of all those younger cousins he has and Kris painted the accent wall in her room and wrote her name on the wall. He was being really sweet about the situation.

It the afternoon when Autumn was to arrive Kris was the only one there with Aileen when she came. The other two boys were still at work and Kris, owning his own interior decorating business was able to be there for support.

“Thank you for everything Kris,” she wiped the countertop as he sat on the couch reading his sports magazine

“It’s no problem. Once you told me how important she is to you; I couldn’t just act like a jerk about the situations. I mean I know I’m not that great with kids but I want Autumn to be and feel comfortable with me,”

“You just have to remember not to show your face too much and I think you’ll be fine,” she laughed as he rolled his eyes

The doorbell rang and Aileen quickly looked at Kris, sighed and opened the door. She found a smiling Carly and the cutest creature she ever laid eyes on. Autumn May was the exact image of her mother Nicole. She smiled at the little girl who quickly looked at Aileen with a hint of fear in her eyes. She didn’t blame Autumn for looking so scared. This was a new and scary situation; being miles from the only home you’ve known.

“Hi Autumn,”

Carly led the young girl in the apartment as she noticed a man on the couch, “Oh I didn’t know you had company,”

“He’s not company. He’s my roommate. I have 2 others; all guys. I hope that’s not a problem. It’s only temporary until the lease is up in May,”

“I don’t think it’s a problem but we’ll have to see how Autumn does,” the woman looked at Autumn but Autumn only had eyes on Kris who smiled at the girl

“Hello I’m Kris. Nice to meet you,” he extended his hand to her and she curiously blinked at him and walked towards him slowly

Autumn hadn’t really had any experience with men. It just so happened that the foster homes she was put in had no father figures or the father figures didn’t leave an impression on her but Kris had this warm feeling about him that she instantly liked. She didn’t speak any words; only looked at him and smiled.

“Wow she’s really quiet. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered one so quiet,”

“I’m sure you’ll like that just fine,” teased Aileen

“Well if you need anything please let me know,” said Carly as she left Autumn in Aileen’s care

“Are you hungry Autumn?” asked Aileen

Autumn was sitting on the couch looked at her surroundings. It was a lovely home and she felt safe especially sitting next to Kris. She quickly stole a peek at the young man who smiled brightly at her again. He laughed at Autumn because she barely looked at Aileen the minute she got here.

“Wow she’s in love with you,” she got the little girl some water

“Thank you,” she said quietly and looked at Aileen who rubbed her cheek

“You want to see your room. We are sharing rooms for now,” she extended her hand to Autumn, “Is that ok?” Autumn shook her head yes as she got up from the couch to follow Aileen

Autumn loved the room especially the wall that was painted yellow with her name on it.

“Kris painted that for you,”

Autumn beamed at Kris, “Thank you,”

“You’re welcome,” he got down on her level to speak to her, “This will be your home for the time being so if you need or want anything, you let me know ok,” he gently placed his hands on her shoulders to reassure her everything was alright. Autumn slowly walked towards Kris and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck. She had never hugged a man before but she felt as if she wanted to.

Kris was taken by surprise by the little girl. He was truly touched by the hug.

“I’m tired Aileen,”

“Ok. When you wake up dinner will be ready. What do you like to eat?”

“Chicken,” she whispered

Kris and Aileen let Autumn settle in the room and they closed the door to let her sleep peacefully.

“What did she want to eat? I couldn’t hear her properly,”

“She wants chicken,” Aileen took the chicken out of the freezer

“Oh man you know chicken isn’t my style,” he rolled his eyes

“Well just for tonight…and plus you don’t have to eat it,” she laughed, “Oh man you’re in trouble though,”

“What?”

“She is in love with you. From what Carly told me over the phone, Autumn hasn’t really had a good experience with men. I mean her father left her before she was born. She’s never had a grandpa because he passed away a long time ago and most of the foster homes only had women in them. I’m just surprised she warmed up to you so fast,”

“And I’m the least affectionate man she could ever meet,”

“Oh I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. You can be affectionate when you want. I think it’s super cute to see you get on her level to talk to her. Where did you learn that?”

“I just thought my height would feel intimidating so to make her feel comfortable I figured I had better get down on her level,”

“See you have fatherly instincts,”

“Look I’m not trying to have any kids anytime soon,” he smiled at her, “Do you need any help in kitchen?” Aileen looked startled at Kris. In all their time living together Kris had never offered to help with domestic things. This was a surprise to her.

“I thought you avoided the kitchen like the plaque. Now all of sudden you want to help me in the kitchen,” she smirked

“Fine I won’t help,” he got up to leave

“No wait Kris. Can you hand me that bowl on the top shelf. I don’t know why Lay puts it all the way up there,”

“Sure,”

Kris walked behind Aileen and placed his left hand on hip and reached for the bowl on the top shelf. His hand on her hip went unnoticed by him but caused Aileen to jump a bit. She looked down at his hand and then followed it to the pair of eyes that were now staring intensely at her.

“Here,” he handed her the bowl

“Why are you touching me?” Kris looked at where his hand was placed. He didn’t know why he was touching her himself but it felt nice. He smirked at her

“Am I not allowed to touch you,” he started tickling her

“Kris stop,” she laughed

“Or what,” he continued his assault

“Kris stop!” she laughed out loud. Suddenly Chen came bursting through the door

“What’s going on here?”

Kris and Aileen looked at a bewildered Chen, “We were just playing around. Chill Chen,” said Kris

“I heard her say stop,”

“He was tickling me,” she went back to preparing the chicken

“Oh,” Chen glared at Kris, “So where is she?”

“Sleeping,”

“Ok well I guess I can wait till she wakes up,” Chen plopped on the couch still glaring at Kris

“Is there something you want to say Chen?” Kris boomed with his voice

“Why were you tickling Aileen?”

“Why do you care?” he looked up from his magazine

“I don’t. It’s just strange that you were doing that. You’ve never done it before,” Kris furrowed his brows in confusion

“Again why do you care?” Chen looked at the tall giant and glared some more, “And fix your face. You’re supposed to be the model. If you have wrinkles you won’t be able to work and if you don’t get work, you won’t be able to pay the bills and if…”

“Shut the hell up Kris and just answer the question,”

“I wanted to tickle her. Does that answer your question?”

“Why?” Kris smirked

“You jealous Chen Chen? Do you want to tickle Aileen?” the boys looked at each other

“What are you two doing? Having a staring contest. Who is winning?” Aileen sat next to Chen as she draped her legs over his, “Chen can you rub my legs. They have been stiff lately,” Chen looked at Aileen then smirked at Kris as he gave his roommate a massage, “Thanks Chen,” she ruffled his hair

Something in Kris’s stomach jumped. What was this feeling? All of a sudden he became enraged as he witnessed Chen rubbing down Aileen. He wanted to rub her down. He didn’t like Chen doing this one bit. He was about to say something when Lay walked in the apartment.

“Honey I’m home,” Lay had tons of bags in his hands

“What’s in those Target bags?” asked Chen as he moved his hands higher on Aileen’s legs. He was getting closer and closer to her thighs much to the chagrin of Kris. Chen knew how to piss him off. But why was this making him angry? Did he like Aileen?

“I had to buy some things for the princess. By the way, where is she?”

“Taking a nap,” said Kris

“Aw so what’s she like?” asked Lay as he frowned and looked at Chen massaging Aileen’s legs

“She’s really sweet. She loves Kris already so you two have some competition,” Aileen giggled and got up from the couch

“I wasn’t finished,” frowned Chen as he followed her into the kitchen

Lay quickly looked at Kris, “What was that about?” Kris just shrugged

“Aileen?”

Everyone eye turned to the petite five year old as she gently rubbed her eyes and yawned. Autumn smiled brightly as she spotted Kris but looked at Chen and Lay with the same love.