Chen, Lay and Kris Finale

These Men of Mine

Aileen wiped her tears as she picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

Lay didn’t really hear Aileen speak. Aileen’s back was to him but he did see her hand go up to . He furrowed his brows. What happened? Was it serious?

“Ok thank you. I will tell her. See you soon,” she hung up the phone but her back was still to Lay

“Who was that? What happened?”

Aileen didn’t speak nor did she look at him. Lay got impatient and grabbed her arms so she was facing him. He was shocked to find her silently crying. His heart dropped.

“Aileen what happened?” he pulled her chin up so she was now looking at him. She didn’t have to say anything. Lay instantly knew what happened and his heart broke into a million pieces.

“Aileen look what I drew for grandma!”

Autumn came bursting out of her room holding up a book she made for her grandma. Aileen didn’t want Autumn to see her sad eyes so she quickly wiped her face and turned to smile at the little girl. This was going to be tough to do. Lay knew as well as he grabbed Aileen’s hand and squeezed it.

“We’ll do it together,” he whispered to her, “Can we see it Autumn?”

She happily bounced in the family room as she showed them her book.

“I made it myself. It’s my own version of Brown Bear. I didn’t want to really give my copy to her; you know the one you gave me Lay,” he smiled weakly at her

“That’s fine. I’m sure she’ll understand,”

“Can we send it tomorrow? I can write the address out myself now. I know it by heart,”

“Yes you can but she has a different address now,” he said as Autumn looked at him with a puzzle face

“What do you mean she has a different address? Did she move out of the hospital? Is my grandma better,” she was excited

“Yes she did move out of the hospital and yes she is better,”

“Omg I’m so happy. I can’t wait to see her…”

“Autumn honey…” Aileen didn’t want to hurt her but she had to know, “Grandma isn’t here,”

“I know she’s in Florida,”

“No she isn’t. She has a different address because her address is heaven,” Aileen instantly started crying and Autumn stared at the both of them with wide eyes

“Grandma is better because she’s in heaven,” said Lay

The silence went on forever. Autumn stared at them as she tried to comprehend what they just told her. Her grandma was in heaven. Her grandma was no longer here.

“I didn’t get to say goodbye,” she started crying

“I know baby,” Aileen engulfed her a huge hug as they both cried, “I’m sad I didn’t get to say goodbye either,”

“It’s not fair. What am I going to do with my book? She’s never going to see it,”

“You can still send it to her,” Lay hugged both girls

“I’m all alone now,”

“No you’re not. I’m going to adopt you and I’m going to take care of you forever and you’re never going to be alone again,” Aileen grabbed her little face so she was looking right at her, “Because I love you,”

“I love you too. I love you too Lay,” she cried even harder

“I love you too Autumn,” he kissed her

“I think I’m going to go into my room for a while,” Autumn got up with her book and walked slowly into her room still crying heavily

Aileen couldn’t stand to see her in pain and she couldn’t fix it for her. Tears started coming down her face again as she got up to leave the apartment. Just then Chen and Kris entered the loft. Aileen tried to duck them but Chen being a ninja noticed her face.

“Lay you made her cry! How could you? We gave you some space to talk it out and you make her cry,” Chen tried to hug her but she shook her head and bolted out of there

“I didn’t make her cry,”

“Well what happened?” asked Kris

“Hey wait is that Autumn crying?” asked a now worried Chen

“Grandma passed away today,”

“Omg,” they said

“Please comfort Autumn. I have to go find Aileen. She can’t…” he looked at Kris with a strange expression, “I mean you should go to Aileen,”

“Why me?”

“Because you’re her boyfriend and she needs you right now,”

“I don’t think I should be laughing right now but trust me Kris does not want Aileen,”

Chen saw something he shouldn’t have between Kris and his “friend” Chanyeol.

“Shut up man,” Kris glared at Chen who went to Autumn’s room, “Look Lay you can be real dense sometimes. We aren’t together. We never were,”

“But I saw you kiss and I heard you have ,” Kris’ eyes shot wide open

“I don’t know where you’re getting your information from but we did not have but we did kiss and felt nothing for each other. Look it’s better you go to Aileen and talk this out. Trust me you won’t regret it,”

Lay was so confused right now and he felt pain in his heart for his girls. He had to find Aileen and talk this out. It took him 20 minutes but he found her in the stairway on the 10th floor curled in a ball crying her eyes out. Lay sighed as he sat down next to her and put his arms around her. She didn’t move but just sunk in his chest and cried some more.

“How did you know it was me and not some creeper?” he smiled a bit

“I know what you smell like,” she looked at him and smiled, “I don’t know what to do,”

“We’ll take this one step at a time. The boys are taking care of Autumn so let me take care of you,”

“I want you to take care of me all the time,” she wiped her face, “You know I’ve known Rose for a very long time. She was like a mother to me too. When we lost Nicole it was hard but we got through it because we had this little reminder named Autumn and we just took her in our arms and loved her. She reminds me so much of Nicole. When I moved here Rose and I stayed in touch through phone calls and Skype. She didn’t want me to miss out on Autumn upbringing. She was sweetest lady I knew. She would give you anything; anything at all,” Aileen stood up, “Why didn’t she tell me she was this sick? I guess she didn’t want a big show. When Carly called she told me she had just written a will,”

“That’s good,” Lay stood up as well

“She’s giving everything to Autumn and me. The funeral is going to be as soon as possible. Will you help me?”

“Of course I will,” he hugged her

Aileen needed that hug so bad. She loved being in Lay’s arms. She felt safe and loved. She nuzzled her face in his neck and inhaled. Lay closed his eyes as she did that. It felt good to have her in his arms. This is where she belonged. He hugged her tighter as she hugged him tightly as well.

“Lay I think I’m in love with you,”

Lay stopped and looked at Aileen. What did she say? Did she just say I love you?

“What are you talking about?”

“I think I’m in love with you,”

“You can’t be…”

“But I can and I am,”

“Kris told me to talk to you. He said you kissed but nothing came from it. But he looked real surprised when I told him you guys had ,”

“Omg Lay you didn’t,”

“What? So you did?” he looked mad

“We didn’t but we almost did. The night he got drunk; I don’t know what came over me. I thought I liked him at one tiny point but it turned out to be just lust. I wasn’t going to tell him because of course when Kris gets piss drunk he doesn’t remember anything and I didn’t want you to know either,”

“Why?”

“Because I care about what you think of me and I didn’t want you to think I’m just some chick who sleeps around,” he smiled at her

“I used to sleep around. I’m clean though so don’t worry,”

“I’ve noticed your list has gotten small,”

“I don’t want to be that guy anymore. I’m an idiot though. I was avoiding you because I thought you two were together,”

“You could have just asked me you know,”

“I know. How did this even happen? You liking me?”

“It came on gradually and suddenly at the same time. I know that doesn’t make any sense but I’ve finally realize that I can’t be without you. You’re a great guy and you’re wonderful to Autumn. You never once complained and you treat her as if she was yours and I love that about you. And you’re wonderful to me. I’m just now seeing it and maybe we can thank Kris and Chen later for liking me because it got me to see the real you,” he grabbed her hand

“I’m touched and flattered,”

“But,”

“No buts this time. I think I love you too,” he hugged her tight

“Oh Lay,”

Lay pulled from her finally and stared into her eyes. This felt right and this was real. Their hearts were pounding through their chests and there was no going back. Lay lightly his lips as Aileen parted hers a bit. Lay placed his hand on her cheek and rubbed it gently as she placed her hands on his waist and pulled him closer.

“Just kiss me already,”

He smiled as he slowly savored her soft lips on his. It was pure heaven.

 

10 years later

 

7 year old Samara was buttoning her dress to get ready for the wedding. She poked her head out of her room to find her sister putting lotion her legs and putting her heels on.

“You look pretty Autumn,” Autumn smiled bright at her younger sister

“You are going to be the prettiest flower girl anyone has ever seen,” she went to fix the bow in her hair

“I’m nervous,”

“Don’t be. Just look at Mom and you’ll do fine. Dad! Come on we’re going to be late,”

“Coming,” Lay yelled from the top of the stairs, “We have to wait for Kris and Chanyeol,”

“Where’s Mommy?”

“Remember. She’s doing double duty; Maid of honor and wedding planner. I don’t know how she does it really,”

DING DONG

“I’ll get it,” Samara ran to the door, “Kris! Chanyeol! You’re here,” she smiled at the couple

“Sorry we’re late,” said Chanyeol as he picked up Samara, “You are absolutely gorgeous. Are we gonna have to beat the boys off with a stick soon,”

“I hope not,” said Kris as he kissed 15 year old Autumn, “You look good too babe,”

“Thanks. So when are you two getting married?” she winked at Kris as he shook his head

They all piled in Lay’s car as they raced towards the venue for Chloe and Chen’s wedding.

The ended on a great note as all of Chen and Chloe’s family and friends danced the night away. Aileen was still running around managing things when Lay finally had had enough.

“What are you doing? I still have work to do?”

“You’re done for the day. You’re going to stop thinking about everything and you’re going to dance with your y husband,” he pulled her on the dance floor where Chloe and Chen were swaying slowly

“Who would have thought that they would be married?”

“I sure didn’t see it coming,” he laughed as he spotted his eldest daughter dancing with Chen’s 17 year old cousin, “Would you look at Autumn,”

Aileen spotted Autumn blushing as the older Korean boy spun and dipped her, “Omg and it starts. Well she’s of age and we trust her and she’s wonderful student and good girl,”

“I shouldn’t worry?”

“No you shouldn’t. It’s that Samara you should be worrying about,”

They turned at their own offspring as she was trying to drag one of Chloe’s cousins on the dance floor. They laughed at their daughter and continued dancing.

“I love you,”

“I love you too,” they sealed their long lasting love with a kiss