Kris: Always Yours Part 2

These Men of Mine

Aileen furrowed her brows, pouted her lips and looked at her husband, “Can you say that again. I just want to make sure I heard you right,”

“I slept with Leslie,”

“What? When?”

“The night you came home from Africa; I had a lot to drink and…and I…” he stared at her as she sighed, shook her head and wiped her unexpected tears off her face. She walked around him and sat on the couch as she suddenly but sadly started to laugh. She thought and thought and became quiet; too quiet for Kris’ liking.

“Baby please say something. Break something. Yell at me just please say something,”

Finally after 10 minutes she spoke:

“I’m such an idiot,”

“Not you’re not. Don’t say that,”

“Yes I am because I actually thought my husband would be faithful to me,” she didn’t look at him as he kneeled in front of her

“Aileen I love you, I love the girls, I love this life we have. I’m so sorry. Leslie means nothing to me,” she chuckled

“Before I left for Africa you asked me why you and the girls weren’t enough. Did you ask yourself the same question when you slept with her?” she looked at him dead in the eyes

“You are enough,”

“Well apparently not so I want the whole story,”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,”

“No you have to tell me otherwise I’m going to think about all the places and all the times you two were together,”

“It only happened once,”

“Right you expect me to believe you? You lied to me for 6 months. So you’re telling me it only happened once. So just once you broke your wedding vows; just once you betrayed me; just once you made me feel like I was being paranoid when she was doing all those things to us. She broke into our house and destroyed our photos, she stole my meds, and she stole our daughter. And you kept quiet because you didn’t want me to find out about your affair,”

“I’m sorry. I was so scared,”

“So do you want to be with her?”

“No baby I don’t. I want to be with you,”

“Are you just staying with me because you feel obligated because of the kids and of what people would think…”

“No baby, I want you. Only you…”

“You have been distant; we both have but I just thought all married couples hit rough patches but I thought we could get past it; fix it like we used to,”

“We can baby,”

“I don’t…” she turned from her thinking, “You were getting back at me for going to Africa. I know you didn’t want me to go,”

“No baby that wasn’t it. Look I love you. I’ve always have,”

“Do you even know what love means? I don’t think you do because if you did you wouldn’t have wrecked everything,”

“I can explain,”

“Please do,”

“I felt terrible right after. I told her no more, I swear,”

“You only felt terrible after though,” she chuckled as she pulled from him, “You knew how obsessed she was with you. You knew how dangerous she could get and you said nothing. You put our daughters in danger because you didn’t have the balls to tell me the truth. You lied for 6 months!”

“Baby I…”

“SHUT UP! I refuse to listen to your excuses anymore,” she was shaking

“Stop yelling. You’ll wake the girls,” he reached for her but she pulled away and turned her back to him, “Look I think we can work this out. I really think we can,”

Aileen was paralyzed. She was having a hard time breathing. Kris, her husband of 10 years just told her he had with another woman. A woman who she grew to loath and despise. Nothing could be worse than this feeling growing the pit of her stomach. She wanted to scream. She wanted to hurt him. She wanted to kill her. She closed her eyes as she felt Kris trying to hold her again. She let him hold her as she cried. He cried with her and then she got mad again. Why was he crying? He did this. She shook him off as he looked at her with wide eyes.

There was a picture frame with their wedding picture in it. She picked it up. Looked at him and then threw it across the room. It shattered into a million pieces.

“Are you happy now? I broke something. So why don’t you go out and get a new frame and convince yourself that everything that’s broken can be fixed,” she breathed, “Get out!”

“Baby, please,”

“I said get out,” she was fuming and Kris knew tonight that nothing would be resolved